4000 IU of Vitamin D increases Testosterone by 41%

Mauritio

In this study they gave healthy males a dose of 4000 IU of Vitamin D and/or the flavonoid Quercetin every day for 8 weeks.

After 8 weeks the testosterone level was increased by 41% ,but only in the Vitamin D group!

Adding Quercetin to vitamin d actually completely removed any increase in T.

That shows how powerful Vitamin D is (a steroid itself) . 4000 IU isn't even a high dose . Just imagine how much better it would have been if they added Vitamin A, E, K and calcium to the mix.

oajsm-6-229Fig2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Why would quercetin negate the vitamin D gains?
Isnt it anti thyroid ?

A quick google search found this :

Makrosky

Excellent find man.

My mood and motivation improves so much with 4k IU D3 x day. Maybe it is the testo increase? Problem is... it lowers quite a lot my physical stamina and I haven't found yet why. I use also k2, mag/cal, but still...

Any ideas Mauritio?

E

eat my peat

Very interesting study ... thanks for sharing

With almost no sunshine here in the UK, been upping usual dosage from 4k IU D3 to 8K IU D3, had no previous knowledge that it increased test

What's the highest dosage recommended for long term supplementation?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Excellent find man.

My mood and motivation improves so much with 4k IU D3 x day. Maybe it is the testo increase? Problem is... it lowers quite a lot my physical stamina and I haven't found yet why. I use also k2, mag/cal, but still...

Any ideas Mauritio?
No idea , tbh maybe you're getting hypoglycemic?
Have you played around with dosages and timing?

Coderr

I am using 10k vitamin d 200 mcg vitamin K2. Do you think I am doing it right?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Very interesting study ... thanks for sharing

With almost no sunshine here in the UK, been upping usual dosage from 4k IU D3 to 8K IU D3, had no previous knowledge that it increased test

What's the highest dosage recommended for long term supplementation?
All of the fatsolubles decrease aromatase, so they work together. And vitamin D and calcium are especially good at lowering PTH ,which will lower prolactin (and other stress hormones) and further increase T.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I am using 10k vitamin d 200 mcg vitamin K2. Do you think I am doing it right?
I remember Peat talking about 10 000 IU as safe dose . 200mcg is quite low tbh.
I'd always use calcium with vitamin D, they synergize quite well.

Makrosky

No idea , tbh maybe you're getting hypoglycemic?
Have you played around with dosages and timing?
Dosages yes. And route oral/topical. 4k seems to be a sweet spot for me.

Timing... only breakfast vs lunch, but I guess Vit D has to be taken no later than that, otherwise it interferes with biorhythms, melatonin, etc. I have thought about using it before bed but that doesn't seem logical to me, after all.body expects vit D during day.

Makrosky

What calcium are you using? I am using calcium carbonate. Seems to work ok.
I remember Peat talking about 10 000 IU as safe dose . 200mcg is quite low tbh.
I'd always use calcium with vitamin D, they synergize quite well.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Dosages yes. And route oral/topical. 4k seems to be a sweet spot for me.

Timing... only breakfast vs lunch, but I guess Vit D has to be taken no later than that, otherwise it interferes with biorhythms, melatonin, etc. I have thought about using it before bed but that doesn't seem logical to me, after all.body expects vit D during day.
By timing I meant one after the other. For some reason I get best results when I take vitamin D 5-10 minutes after calcium.

golder

If 5000iu is a good daily dose for us that are not low on vit D, if we wanted that absorbed topically, would say 20,000iu be a good amount to apply?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I love that vitamin D supplementation had a minor effect of 1,25 hydroxy levels. It shows how regulated the system is. Thanks for sharing this.

peter88

If 5000iu is a good daily dose for us that are not low on vit D, if we wanted that absorbed topically, would say 20,000iu be a good amount to apply?
I believe Peat has stated that generally 10% gets absorbed.

Peroxphos

Probably depends on the solvent/carrier and spot of application.

I think on the Calcirol thread haidut has mentioned the topical formulation can be helpful because some people have trouble absorbing oral vitamin D. So oral dose is not necessarily 100% absorbed.

For calcirol (cholecalciferol in saturated fatty esters) in navel I assume close to 100% absorption but maybe I'm mistaken.

golder

I believe Peat has stated that generally 10% gets absorbed.
Other sources say 20-30% so it’s hard to gauge. Seems like a bit of a risk putting 40,000iu on topically every day hoping that it’s around 4000iu?

peter88

Other sources say 20-30% so it’s hard to gauge. Seems like a bit of a risk putting 40,000iu on topically every day hoping that it’s around 4000iu?
That’s why Ray has mentioned it’s good to get a blood test to see if it’s working. Personally I like using idealabs calcirol because it absorbs a lot better than d3 supplements in mct or olive oil.