40 Day Waterfast, Wish Me Luck!

Such_Umami

Making the most out of lockdown. So I'm going to embark on a 40 day waterfast. I will also consume salt in my water to hopefully lessen some of the stress on the kidneys/my body.

LLight

Indeed, it's the right time.
I'm fasting myself, trying to limit the quantity of water I drink to a minimum. I think it's a good compromise between dry and water fasting.

I'm not going to last as long as you for sure. I have no clear objective and will resume eating when I feel hungry.

Good Luck!

OP
Such_Umami

Such_Umami

Thank you.

Yes. I plan on dry fasting during periods of mine, however not too much because it makes me feel so bad.

Goobz

Have you done anything this long before? If not, I hope you're doing it with supervision and in a clinic. But in any case, 4o days seems quite extreme to me, and I'd strongly recommend you trying shorter fasts before this!

All the best of luck in any case!

OP
Such_Umami

Such_Umami

Have you done anything this long before? If not, I hope you're doing it with supervision and in a clinic. But in any case, 4o days seems quite extreme to me, and I'd strongly recommend you trying shorter fasts before this!

All the best of luck in any case!

Yes. I've completed two 28 day water fasts, countless lesser water fasts, several 5 day dry fasts and countless lesser day dry fasts.

redsun

Making the most out of lockdown. So I'm going to embark on a 40 day waterfast. I will also consume salt in my water to hopefully lessen some of the stress on the kidneys/my body.

I don't know why you think you need to become a corpse for health reasons. Best thing to do on lockdown is chill out and entertain yourself through whatever means. Be productive if you feel the need to be productive. One of the best things for health is reduction of daily stressors. Why would you use all this free time to starve yourself? And then what? You can start and do something new and/or productive, that is how you make the most out of it.

If some weight loss is what you are after, a minor calorie cut is the answer as it won't compromise health. If you are looking for some healing miracle or spirituality, you are already too far gone. Starving to the point of looking like you just got out of a concetration camp is not going to help your health. It just means you are closer to death than before.

I don't know why you think you need to become a corpse for health reasons. Best thing to do on lockdown is chill out and entertain yourself through whatever means. Be productive if you feel the need to be productive. One of the best things for health is reduction of daily stressors. Why would you use all this free time to starve yourself? And then what? You can start and do something new and/or productive, that is how you make the most out of it.

If some weight loss is what you are after, a minor calorie cut is the answer as it won't compromise health. If you are looking for some healing miracle or spirituality, you are already too far gone. Starving to the point of looking like you just got out of a concetration camp is not going to help your health. It just means you are closer to death than before.

too true.

What do you think about the fact that a Corona virus infection seems to stop the hunger in a lot of people it seems?

whatever I have, I had no appetite so I didn’t eat. It came back and I’m eating. I just listen to my body.

Zigzag

Ironically I haven't moved from my flat since last monday, have eaten more than usually and actually lost some weight already. There's no reason to torture yourself that much.

redsun

What do you think about the fact that a Corona virus infection seems to stop the hunger in a lot of people it seems?

Body telling you not to eat is your body's intelligence. It stops hunger for a reason. Fever goes up, makes you not eat. Making one's own decision (using the intelligence of your conscious mind) to eat no food at all when your body wants food is not even close to the same thing.

LLight

Ironically I haven't moved from my flat since last monday, have eaten more than usually and actually lost some weight already. There's no reason to torture yourself that much.

That's not necessarily a question of weight loss.

LLight

Body telling you not to eat is your body's intelligence. It stops hunger for a reason. Fever goes up, makes you not eat. Making one's own decision (using the intelligence of your conscious mind) to eat no food at all when your body wants food is not even close to the same thing.

At least, the fact that hunger is limited during disease should say you something about fasting. It is desirable in times of disease.

There was a study done by Longo showing that fasting induces immune system "regeneration" in mice. Pretty sure that these mice would have eaten if there was food available. Immunosenescence is a hallmark of aging.

Last edited:

baccheion

The proper way to consume water is 1 tablespoon per minute. Swish in mouth and mix with saliva. Continue until thirst is gone. No thirst = no water. Wait for a stronger thirst before continuing.

Use pH strips to ensure saliva pH is being maintained above a 5.5. 6.5 if dentin is exposed.

One strategy is to consume salt throughout the day and apple cider vinegar at night. I still wonder about relevance of other electrolytes.

Delaying salt a few days gives body window to scavenge during first week. Especially good if first few days could be dry, as it accelerates entry into ketosis and the acidotic crisis. 3 days with a dry fast vs. 9 with a water fast.

Initiate a dry fast with some baking soda to alkalize urine until the body adapts.

Why are you going on a fast?

I wonder if Lugol's topically would be a good idea? And loading up with selenium (and vitamin E) before hand, as it clips lipid peroxidation before it even happens.

OP
Such_Umami

Such_Umami

I am not doing it for weightloss. I am revisiting waterfasting because I remember during my last 28 day fast (which I did about 10 years ago) that my colon filled up with this clay stuff. When I shitted it out, I had incredible health benefits. Since then I've mostly dry fasted but never had that kind of health rejuvination experience. I'm going to give it another go. I will build back up using RP principals afterwards. I just think RP eating creates a lot of metabolic waste even though it's very good at boosting metabolism and muscle mass, it seems to clog up the system pretty quickly. I feel like I need a good fast to get rid of all this metabolic waste.

LLight

And loading up with selenium (and vitamin E) before hand, as it clips lipid peroxidation before it even happens.
It's not really a proof of anything but selenium seems to help plant in case of water restriction so it may be helpful regarding dry fasting: Selenium Protects Rice Plants From Water Deficit Stress - PubMed

"However, rice plants treated with Se showed higher net photosynthesis, water use efficiency and antioxidant system. This study provides useful information about the roles of Se in protecting rice plants from water deficit stress."

PS: any kind of fasting tends to be dehydrating.

Yes. I've completed two 28 day water fasts, countless lesser water fasts, several 5 day dry fasts and countless lesser day dry fasts.

..it doesnt work.
Autophagy is a scam,and fasting is just starvation.
Do you have a history of anorexia or similar.
Go all other avenues,every Animal tries to avoid starvation,
there are reasons,it aint healthy for Humans also.
Dry starvation is even worse.

LLight

..it doesnt work.
Autophagy is a scam,and fasting is just starvation.
Do you have a history of anorexia or similar.
Go all other avenues,every Animal tries to avoid starvation,
there are reasons,it aint healthy for Humans also.
Dry starvation is even worse.

Theory

I remember during my last 28 day fast (which I did about 10 years ago) that my colon filled up with this clay stuff. When I shitted it out, I had incredible health benefits.

Facts

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals