3rd - 4th Degree Burn

Hi,

I got a 3rd - 4th degree burn over my right hand. The doctor will patch me up tomorrow.

I have been doing gymnastics on a professional level. I heard that 3rd - 4th degree burns can damage the tendons, ligaments and muscles.

Do you think they may be damaged and scar tissue could occur? As you know they play a big role in gymnastics and my right hand's grip already feels significantly weaker which might be just placebo.

Thanks in advance.

tankasnowgod

Hi,

I got a 3rd - 4th degree burn over my right hand. The doctor will patch me up tomorrow.

I have been doing gymnastics on a professional level. I heard that 3rd - 4th degree burns can damage the tendons, ligaments and muscles.

Do you think they may be damaged and scar tissue could occur? As you know they play a big role in gymnastics and my right hand's grip already feels significantly weaker which might be just placebo.

Thanks in advance.

It very well could occur. Can you wrap the hand in Aluminum Foil until your doctor's visit tomorrow? I've heard people say that has made a tremendous difference in pain reduction and healing, possibly by displacing heat and/or electron flow (and it might help build up CO2 in the area).

OP
H
It very well could occur. Can you wrap the hand in Aluminum Foil until your doctor's visit tomorrow? I've heard people say that has made a tremendous difference in pain reduction and healing, possibly by displacing heat and/or electron flow (and it might help build up CO2 in the area).

Thanks will try that.

OP
H
Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Will do that!

I'm just worried about the tendons. Will
they be fine? Sorry for the paranoid question, I'm just obsessed with the sport.

akgrrrl

Tendons and muscle tissue get damaged from deep burns when the original time of injury is not cooled immediately. Please note, this does not mean iced directly on the injury. Intense heat at the burn site continues to drive down into the epidermis unless cool water or diffused ice pak or gel pack is applied immediately. If I failed to cool a serious burn that occurred over muscles I intended to use intensely ( piano, gymnastics), I would embark on a focused nutritional and physical therapy program to rebuild, restructure

OP
H
I put my hand in aluminum foil the first day.

After that I have been keeping honey on it for circa 12 hours almost every day. The wound got infected (yellowish color) the first 2 days but the honey cleared it. It's been 5 days and the wound is healing very well (red scab formed). I expect the scab to go off on the 7th - 10th day. I'm so amazed because 3rd grade burns take usually MUCH longer to heal. The spot isn't big but still, just wow. This is surreal.

If anyone in the future will come here from Google:

If it is a 3rd grade burn or a higher one, visit a doctor asap and don't self treat yourself. Follow your doctors instructions. People died from 3rd grade wounds.

After that you can do the extra stuff like I did. Basically spam your wound with aluminum foil and some high quality real honey (not the cheap fake ones). Reapply the honey constantly after it dries out on the wound.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals