38 Male UK. Tired Of Being Like The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Logs' started by Diddleum, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Shin

Shin Member

Yes 7 or 8 years ago I was feeling like complete garbage and decided to try antidepressants...
    Tried like 8 meds, 3 or 4 of them SSRI's.

2. Shin

Shin Member

Not any recent labs and as you said it would be hard to know your brain ferritin levels.
    But I'am eating around 200g of Protein from meat a day and drinking lots of OJ and eating other fruit, so I doubt that my iron levels would be low.

3. OP
    Diddleum

Diddleum Member

My b12 was low end of normal on a few tests. A couple of months ago I supplemented hard and self administered 7 weekly injections. All to no avail unfortunately.

4. Kingpinguin

Kingpinguin Member

ok so why you wondering if i recommend any iron supplement? Imo brain ferritin is not the important thing. Its serum iron, transferrin etc. Ferritin is just measure of stored iron not iron function. Quite opposite high ferritin can be sign of iron dysfunction. Like inflammation. This is usally accompanied by low serum iron. What you want is closer to the higher end of serum iron, low-normal ferritin amd good transferrin.

5. OP
    Diddleum

Diddleum Member

had a ok day yestarday - pretty bright. Had sex with my gf, pretty average. Woke today feeling massively drained. Very sleepy all day. Orgasm does this too me..

there is copper in ejaculate apparently. Looking forward to starting supplement maybe tomorrow.

done two days of sublingual bromantane 50mg. Don’t think it’s having any effect on me. Might try 100mg sub lingual tomorrow.

6. OP
    Diddleum

Diddleum Member

Slept well, woke brighter. Feel like it was sex that sunk me yestarday and now I’m recovered slightly.

just done my supplements including 100mg bromantane.

7. OP
    Diddleum

Diddleum Member

Got home from girls house. Not eaten much today and no appetite. My temp was 36.8... I drank a hot choc milk with sugar and my temp dropped to 36.5. I feel full and don’t want to eat. I had some meat and a other choc milk and I’m knocking on 37c now.

clear that I was running on stress. Stress dropped and healthy metabolism brought my temp back up. My metabolism is so fast I need to keep on eating.
    The stress hides my hunger. The rare time I do get hunger it’s like a short burst of like 5 minutes then it goes and I forget about it. I guess I go straight through hunger and into stress.

my glycogen stores not good enough? Metabolism to high? I’ve got to keep eating and make eating work for me. But why does eating lots make me feel bad, why do I have zero appetite?

8. Kingpinguin

Kingpinguin Member

Copper and neurological function. - PubMed - NCBI

Ceruloplasmin dysfunction and therapeutic potential for Parkinson disease. - PubMed - NCBI

interesting studies regarding copper and dopamine. I completely believe that high dose zinc really can mess up an important mineral balance in the brain. Many cases I know of people complaining of complications after using high zinc doses.
    I personally always struggled with Restless leg syndrome, fatigue, sleepiness which is due to low brain iron according to studies I’ve read on the subject that leads to high dopamine and low dopamine receptors. So basically the dopamine doesnt have anywhere to act. Where as parkinson seems to be the opposite. Accumilation of iron in the brain leading to neurotoxicity, dopamine neuronal cell loss resulting in low dopamine and hyper sensitive dopamine receptors as a result

9. OP
    Diddleum

Diddleum Member

Woke feeling ok. I think I slept all through the night 8 hours last night with no waking which is good.

woke cold and no boners 36.2C

I got out of bed and had some choc
    Milk. It sunk me quickly - felt sleepy . Got back into bed. I’ve had another two hours sleep, 36.6C and heart is beating harder now. guessing I woke high in stress hormones. Guess I’ll try keep eating and eating again. It’s really hard with no appetite, really hard when the stress hormones actually makes you feel better and eating just kills off the little motivation you have.

no work to day so I can keep eating and sleeping if that’s what I need....

10. OP
    Diddleum

Diddleum Member

thanks I took 4mg copper last night. I’ll add 4mg every morning now to my other supps. I’m getting good mineral nutrition off the cocoa powder to back that up.

11. Kingpinguin

Kingpinguin Member

cool try eat some foods with retinol. Like eggs yolks, liver, butter. Its needed to make ceruloplasmin out of the extra copper.

Retinol activates tyrosine hydroxylase acutely by increasing the phosphorylation of serine40 and then serine31 in bovine adrenal chromaffin cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Induction of ceruloplasmin synthesis by retinoic acid in rats: influence of dietary copper and vitamin A status. - PubMed - NCBI

12. OP
    Diddleum

Diddleum Member

I’m depressed. Eating loads of sugar in my my choc milk. Don’t have any responsibilities things to do today and it’s very obvious I don’t want to do anything. Sad sinking empty feeling staring at walls, just want to be alone and cry.

yeah I’ve beaten down my stress hormones with all this sugar and protein but at least for now I feel awful, there’s nothing to replace the mild motivation stress gives you. It’s so hard to be disciplined and give this diet a good honest go when cognitively you feel awful and have no appetite and your body is just telling you to stop eating.

guess I’ve just got to keep going and push through. I haven’t eaten much the few days preceding, it’s difficult to keep eating sugar and constantly eating when your away from home and a guest in someone’s house. Have to keep going. Logically from a peat point of view This should be the worst I’ll feel as I’m recovering from a few days undereating. Stress hormones have gone and there’s nothing to replace them at the minute.

bit desperate gonna get some pregnolone in me to try and give some reprieve.

13. Shin

Shin Member

Eating a ton of sugar makes me depressed as well, just tired and want to sleep all day.
    Eating at least 150g of protein a day is key for me.
    Milk is complete garbage full of estrogen and opiates which further depress me, I would try and drop the milk if I were you...

Did you stop taking the memantine? Sounded like it helped...

14. OP
    Diddleum

Diddleum Member

guess I’m trying to follow the peat thing. It’s all about milk and sugar here.

still taking memantine 5mg, bromantane, asprin. Now copper.

dont think anything is helping which is my usual experience. I’m a mess today. Just sat in bed doing nothing.

15. Kingpinguin

Kingpinguin Member

feel for you.. dont give up eventually you will find the solution. It took me years to figure out my what my problem was and from time to time I still struggle with it. But theres been a dramatic improvement in my symptoms and quality of life. Hopefully you’ll get yours aswell. I remember always thinkimg something was so wrong in me that it could not be fixed but thats usually not the case. Everything is fixable and the human body is quite resilient and adaptable.

16. OP
    Diddleum

Diddleum Member

Thanks. I’ve been battling this most of my adult life. I’m remarkably optimistic despite not making any real progress and trying 100s of different things. I am lucky that o was able to become financially independent and don’t have to work. If I had too work hard every day I fear I would of committed suicide. In the UK suicide is the biggest cause of death in men under 40. I’m
    Not alone, I’m lucky in that if all I can do is lay in bed then I can.

I started feeling better after necking 500mg Pregnenolone yestarday. I slept well and woke a little better. Worked for three hours this morning without much issue.

didn’t eat much for breakfast just a small glass of plain milk. Come home and had a larger glass with sugar and I feel shitty quickly.

Why do carbs always make me feel crappy, I can never make carbs work for me. Made me think of insulin resistance and free fatty acids. Grams of asprin or Niacinamide seem to do nothing for me. Just had a gram of Niacinamide with my sugared milk. Just feel low and want to sleep now...

17. OP
    Diddleum

Diddleum Member

Have been taking 100mg Niacinamide everytime I eat. Not noticed much other than slight hunger and slight jitters in my hand. Perhaps a sign of low blood sugar. Very subtle.

took 500mg niacin also and I barely flushed.... does taking it the same time as Niacinamide negate the flush? Usually I flush hard...

gonna heavy dose Niacinamide and preg before bed again. I didn’t wake through the night last night and woke up with a little energy.

18. Kingpinguin

Kingpinguin Member

niacin and niacinamide depletes methylatiors in the body. Uses up B12 and folate in higher doses and has been linked to worse liver values because the liver requires lots of methylation removing toxins, B12 and folate. Folate is also needed for neurotransmitter synthesis specifically dopamine. It can take months to replete lost folate and B12 even with high dose supplements. I would avoid high doses of B3

19. OP
    Diddleum

Diddleum Member

Didn’t sleep well and hard to fall. Interestingly a hunger feeling that persisted. My heart felt like it was beating harder. Could feel my pulse in my body. Didn’t eat much yestarday.

went to work today and was good. Something has changed in that I ran out of energy and got shakey and edgy until I kept topping up with a sugary drink whilst working. It felt different to the my norm and more like it should be. My stomach is making a lot more digestive noises when usually it’s silent. Feels good.

I’m feeling positive about the regular Niacinamide blocking free fatty acids and improving glucose metabolism. Need to keep it up and eat more today, especially as I worked for 4 hours. From what I gather asprin, vitamin e, thiamine, Niacinamide, biotin are all things that lower lipolysis so I’ll dose these little and often.

I’ve dropped memantine from my supplements. Not doing any positive and I feel mildly spaced out which is a side effect of it.

20. GreekDemiGod

GreekDemiGod Member

Is it actually wise to take all these measures to ramp up glucose oxidation and block fat oxidation in someone with insufficient thyroid function and liver glycogen?
    If you block fat oxidation at night, you're guaranteed sleep issues, my logic goes.