31.5.2019 Danny Roddy + Haidut (Georgi Dinkov) Podcast

tankasnowgod

Yes, Roddy is a true renesaince man, he also sculpts and discovers new planets.

But actually he didn’t make the music. Roddy is a fan of 80s retro revival style called Synthwave. The track is by Mitch Murder, called Melting Point.

Except Roddy really is a musician. Before he worked with Chris Kresser or discovered Ray Peat, he was in a band called "Takota." They were signed with Island Records.

RobertJM

He looks unhealthy by some of the forum members’ often ridiculous appearance standards where often a tape worm infestation and a complete hormonal profile is diagnosed from a single bad lit photo.

If this wasn’t haidut, he’d be ridiculed and shredded to pieces for his appearance.

The fact is, we’re all different, and as unpopular as genetic heredity is in here, most of what we look like cannot be changed no matter what we do (no, not even the K2 toothfairy will change that).

Haidut is a sharp, pleasant, high-energy, bald fella and probably the only thing that would be open to subjective judgement is body fat, which has not been shown yet. Even then, considering he appears to be pretty stocky, it might be hard to judge.

The interview was great as always.

I’m not gay or anything I’m just curious what a guy looks like that has testosterone at levels that naturally high, but he’s also always stated that his DHT is off the scale. I think I remember reading one of his posts where he said it was at 129. Levels that I could only dream of. His DHT is four times higher than mine, and his testosterone is probably three times what mine is.

I guess that’s why people created that thread on what his diet is. How can a guy in his early 40s have superhuman levels of these hormones, especially with age not on his side? It’s very fascinating. Especially considering that he really isn’t that obsessed by diet and considers the food supply to be corrupted, polluted, tainted and ruined. He’s stated very often that he just eats what’s available and makes the best and most ideal choices that he can, given what limited food may be available to him at any one particular moment. I think he’s also said that he just takes supplements occasionally (I presume because his baseline metabolism has improved massively, and supplements aren’t really all that needed).

So that is a guy that I very interested in, in terms of what he looks like (it’s a just human nature I guess, plus I’m just a ‘nosey parker). But it’s always tough to make out what his body looks like on that camera, lol.

I know about his hair because he’s already explained about that a few times previously. A period in his life about ten years ago (or so), where he was low carb (or something) and his hair started to shed like a mofo. It’s kind of similar to how Peat experimented with something dodgy a few decades back and it ruined his knashers.

In terms of his weight, I think he’s around the same weight as me (around 200-205 ibs). Not sure about his height. I’m 6ft, and at that weight, according to some BMIs, I am actually almost obese!

RobertJM

What is it with this obsession about looks?

See my post. People are inquisitive for good reason. I know it’s annoying for him and people bug him constantly on this forum about everything (and we all really shouldn’t do that), but he’s like superman with those levels of androgens, plus he’s clearly the star of this forum in terms of his knowledge and intelligence. People look up to him and are naturally interested in what makes this guy who he is.

Beefcake

I’m not gay or anything I’m just curious what a guy looks like that has testosterone at levels that naturally high, but he’s also always stated that his DHT is off the scale. I think I remember reading one of his posts where he said it was at 129. Levels that I could only dream of. His DHT is four times higher than mine, and his testosterone is probably three times what mine is.

I guess that’s why people created that thread on what his diet is. How can a guy in his early 40s have superhuman levels of these hormones, especially with age not on his side? It’s very fascinating. Especially considering that he really isn’t that obsessed by diet and considers the food supply to be corrupted, polluted, tainted and ruined. He’s stated very often that he just eats what’s available and makes the best and most ideal choices that he can, given what limited food may be available to him at any one particular moment. I think he’s also said that he just takes supplements occasionally (I presume because his baseline metabolism has improved massively, and supplements aren’t really all that needed).

So that is a guy that I very interested in, in terms of what he looks like (it’s a just human nature I guess, plus I’m just a ‘nosey parker). But it’s always tough to make out what his body looks like on that camera, lol.

I know about his hair because he’s already explained about that a few times previously. A period in his life about ten years ago (or so), where he was low carb (or something) and his hair started to shed like a mofo. It’s kind of similar to how Peat experimented with something dodgy a few decades back and it ruined his knashers.

In terms of his weight, I think he’s around the same weight as me (around 200-205 ibs). Not sure about his height. I’m 6ft, and at that weight, according to some BMIs, I am actually almost obese!

I usually have T-levels of 900-1000 and I would probably not fit the "1000 T type of look". Just coz you have high T doesn't mean you get ripped as fu ck or look like a super model. I look like an average 27 year old like I am.

Last edited:

RobertJM

I usually have T-levels of 900-1000 and I would probably not fit the "1000 T type of look". Just coz you have high T doesn't mean you get ripped as fu ck or look like a super model. I look like an average 27 year old like I am.

Yeah I ain’t stereotyping, I am merely saying that people are inquisitive. And for a low testosterone, low DHT individual like me, I am very interested in guys who are ahead of the game and people I can learn from.

TripleOG

Great show as usual. Really like haidut briefing his most recent topics of discussions.

ShotTrue

lol I've been 220 at 5'7, im 5'10 now so I would not say thats obese if you're muscular

ShotTrue

I think it's only natural to see how someone looks when you are taking health advice from him. A lot of the time looks -> health. To me it seems he may actually be regrowing his hair through I could be wrong. I would expect someone of high T to have a square jaw, though there may be many factors that play into it.
I can believe his DHT levels just by how dense his beard is

Inaut

I thought the same thing about his beard. He’s doing something right :)

ShotTrue

I don't have the time to watch the whole podcast though so forgive me on not discussing all those points. I was interested about the cancer aspect, how baking soda was such an effective treatment

tankasnowgod

To me it seems he may actually be regrowing his hair through I could be wrong.

He said in the last show that he used to be completely bald, and that is all hair regrowth. He also said during the summer months he does get more hair as well.

ShotTrue

He said in the last show that he used to be completely bald, and that is all hair regrowth. He also said during the summer months he does get more hair as well.
Right, i was just alluding to an older podcast it seemed he may have had less hair. Vit D is essential to reversing aga

pepsi

In response to Haidut asking to show him evidence of glucose causing inflammation, doesn't glucose injure the blood vessel walls, that then the body tries to repair. Isnt that a type of inflammation, the response to try and repair the injured blood vessel walls? Ive read diabetics have a lot of circulatory problems that might be directly or indirectly related to glucose.

In the study where rats lost weight drinking a large amount of soda, was that high fructose corn syrup coke or real sugar coke?

CLASH

@christina
This issue isnt the glucose. Its the inability to properly use the glucose (the diabetics arent properly oxidizing the glucose, I think they are in a state of glycolysis). Diabetics have high blood glucose as a product of a pathology, the high blood glucose is not pathology itself.

I personaly think the issue is mainly bacterial endotoxin in combination with PUFA.

Diabetics have elevated endotoxin levels, free fatty acids, cortisol, lipid markers, markers of glycation endproducts and lipid peroxides. Out of all of these, it is doubtful that the elevated glucose in the blood is inducing the pathology on the blood vessels.

The biggest worry of the elevated glucose is changes in tonicity of the blood from the osmotic effect, and possibly increases in infection due to the elevated sugar levels (I think this is minimal compared to the fact that the healing is poor due to poor glucose utilization).

These are just my musings tho from reading. I’m sure haidut will chime in on his own at some point.

LiveWire

@christina
This issue isnt the glucose. Its the inability to properly use the glucose (the diabetics arent properly oxidizing the glucose, I think they are in a state of glycolysis). Diabetics have high blood glucose as a product of a pathology, the high blood glucose is not pathology itself.

I personaly think the issue is mainly bacterial endotoxin in combination with PUFA.

Diabetics have elevated endotoxin levels, free fatty acids, cortisol, lipid markers, markers of glycation endproducts and lipid peroxides. Out of all of these, it is doubtful that the elevated glucose in the blood is inducing the pathology on the blood vessels.

The biggest worry of the elevated glucose is changes in tonicity of the blood from the osmotic effect, and possibly increases in infection due to the elevated sugar levels (I think this is minimal compared to the fact that the healing is poor due to poor glucose utilization).

These are just my musings tho from reading. I’m sure haidut will chime in on his own at some point.

The point @christina was trying to make is that glucose is not as entirely benign as haidut painted it to. It is understood that high blood glucose levels are not caused by glucose itself, none the less the glucose in such situation is indeed destructive to the vessels and causing issues Christina described. So to answer his question, here you have glucose causing inflamation.

ilikecats

From Schultz

"Me:

It is said hyperglycemia is bad because it can cause damage to nerves, blood vessels, organs. Do you think the sugar itself can cause damage if its level is kept high in the
blood stream for an extended period? There is a lot going on when the body is in a state of hyperglycemia, so it seems a little bit weird to blame any damage that is caused entirely on the sugar itself. Could it just be something else that happens to be high like FFA, insulin, lactic acid, or even an absence of something, like sugar (being utilized) or CO2?

Ray:
"In tissue culture experiments, very high glucose has harmful effects, but those conditions don’t reflect what happens in the whole organism. Glucose in the blood is increased adaptively to protect against something that’s damaging the tissues, and that’s usually a hormone imbalance that is interfering with the ability to oxidize glucose. The “glycation” that’s usually blamed on high glucose is mostly caused by lipid peroxidation from polyunsaturated fats, and the glycerol that’s liberated by lipolysis, and metabolized to methylglyoxal. The fats block glucose metabolism for energy, and more glucose is produced to overcome that.""

Last edited:

CLASH

@LiveWire
I understood the point of @christina ’s question. My response was that its not the glucose. Its all the other factors I listed. I further included in my response why i think the sugar is high.

“Diabetics have elevated endotoxin levels, free fatty acids, cortisol, lipid markers, markers of glycation endproducts and lipid peroxides. Out of all of these, it is doubtful that the elevated glucose in the blood is inducing the pathology on the blood vessels.”

This is a quote from my post above.

RPDiciple

I love haidut and all the information he brings, but he has to take care of a part of his own health. He is just to heavy. Nothing gives you worse healh markers than carry to much body fat. So for his own sake but also to reach more people and giving his message more credit, he has to do that for sure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals