30 Day Coconut Water Fast To Detox And Help Ulcers, Leaky Gut, Hypothyroidism,liver/kidney Function?

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by BigChad, Aug 27, 2019.

1. BigChad

BigChad Member

With hypothyroidism you basically have no appetite. Would it be beneficial to do 30 days of only having 1 liter organic coconut water per day? This would provide some basic electrolytes. Without tap water, there should be no fluoride intake either? Could this heal indigestion, improve liver/kidney function, improve thyroid function, resolve any stomach ulcers? Should you really be eating, even healthy foods, if you have no appetite?

2. methylenewhite

methylenewhite Member

1 liter sounds not that dangerous if you drink 3+ liters of pure water with it. Remember coconut water is used in ritualistic suicide and senicide in old population in India. Thalaikoothal - Wikipedia Sufficient amount leads to kidney failure via mineral overload. Having it without water should be avoided.

3. LLight

LLight Member

You won't have positive feedback about fasting here because a lot of people are coming from low carb/fasting with bad experiences.

If you want "anecdotes" about fasting, read Herbert Shelton, look at the video "Fasting: An Ancient Solution for Modern Problems" on YouTube.

The fast you would like to do is more like a Breuss fast (beet, carrot and celery juices) than a real fast but could work.

4. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

Going to ruin your potassium/sodium balance.
    Plus it’s not a fast at all as there is sugar.

The only therapeutic way to fast is with very little mineral water or even better, no water at all.

The rest is Kendal Jenner bull****

5. OP
    BigChad

BigChad Member

It mentions tender coconut water. What is that.

I see, i would only do this if it actually kills off the bacteria, if they just remain dormant, idk if there would be benefits.

Also what is the ideal sodium potassium balance, 2:3?

Ive heard vitamin d3 can raise sodium and lower potassium so you may need to ingest lower sodium relative to potassium to counteract that?

6. LLight

LLight Member

Have a look at the snake juice recipe, people seem to "enjoy" it.

I agree with TheBeard, a dry fast should be more efficient, try to drink as little as possible.

7. OP
    BigChad

BigChad Member

But would it actually kill off the bacteria or just make them dormant, then come back?
    How long can you do dry fasts for at most, 1 week?

8. LLight

LLight Member

Good question, I guess that there is more chance that bacteria will be killed by dry fasting than water fasting, but maybe they can survive in a dormant state indeed. You'd have to try to be sure I'm afraid.

I have heard people saying that they were dry fasting for more than a week but that is anecdotal. Maybe a more "reasonable" approach would consist in fasting for shorter durations but multiple times in a row.

9. Kammas

Kammas Member

very bad idea. “improving thyroid function”???? fasting is quite possibly the worst thing you can do for your thyroid. It is essentially the thyroid shutting down to conserve as much energy as physically possible. This is why people after a fast gain a crazy amount of weight and get a really puffy look to them. yes, you should eat if you have no appetite and are hypo. that’s how your body increases metabolism to give you an appetite. appetite from starvation is not a good appetite.

10. methylenewhite

methylenewhite Member

This is how they call common coconut in India in it's high water/low flesh stage of ripeness.

11. OP
    BigChad

BigChad Member

True i got the idea, hearing about how viruses like epstein barr are involved in hypothyroidism and autoimmune disease and they consume heavy metals, aminos, so was wondering if a fast long term would kill off these bacteria. I think Peat mentioned something about sick animals fasting and resting to recover as well?

12. schultz

schultz Member

Peat has mentioned that fasting is significantly less damaging when minerals (specifically alkaline minerals?) are added to the fast. I think he said catabolism was reduced greatly.

13. LLight

LLight Member

If you have the time and motivation, read the uploaded book.

Fasting could have the potential to strengthen autophagy to clear intracellular pathogens.