3 Years Carnivore...Great Results...How??

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

on the subject of canthal tilt- once again, human phenotypes... east asian people have some of the most positive canthal tilt on earth.
Yeah I get that.

It just seems like her canthal tilt improved despite surely going lower in carbs.

That's surprising to me; most carnivores don't seem to be doing good in this area.

GreekDemiGod

-on the subject of canthal tilt- once again, human phenotypes... east asian people have some of the most positive canthal tilt on earth. It will take a lot more for a sinid to develop a negative canthal tilt than for example an armenoid who naturally tends to be on the verge of it

View attachment 32348
View attachment 32349

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8CKV-5hp0Rw

this is a good video discussing an issue among diet youtubers (ignore the vegan babble). They either lie and omit details of the problems they're experiencing because of ego or because they want to sell a product or a lifestyle

This one is an interesting story to dissect:

View: https://twitter.com/TheCarnivoreKid/status/1473122272579833863

ursidae

It just seems like her canthal tilt improved despite surely going lower in carbs.

That's surprising to me; most carnivores don't seem to be doing good in this area.
I think it's cause she switched from an atrocious diet to one one which was still leagues ahead although suboptimal. Vegans these days jump straight into carnivore once they quit
wait for her to go peaty and the eyes will be vertical by then!

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

@GreekDemiGod

Should've been more specific in the original post, I realize her underlying bone structure was always good and wasn't really talking about that.

I'm still impressed about 2 things:

- That her canthal tilt went up despite eating fewer carbs
- That her skin looks so clear and un-stressed despite eating so many excitatory amino acids

Both of these things appear to run contrary to 'Peatism,' at least on first glance, so it just made me think.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

I think it's cause she switched from an atrocious diet to one one which was still leagues ahead although suboptimal. Vegans these days jump straight into carnivore once they quit
wait for her to go peaty and the eyes will be vertical by then!
Probably so.

And maybe Peating isn't for everyone in that case lol

Jerkboy

Too much fat seems to be an issue. It lowers metabolism too much. Even with high protein.

Sugar is simply the superior fuel. 100%. The only problem is that sugar can put a lot more pressure on the system and you will crash quicker and run into issues if you are unhealthy. Healthy person should be able to eat whatever. Just like children could.

I am not saying you cannot get cured with sugar. There is a lot of evidence of sugar being a healing nutrient. My experience has been not the case with myself. I had to cut sugar.

Of course the person always had certain strengths and weaknesses. Some people might do better on more fat. Some on sugar, etc. For me it seemed my sugar metabolism was bad and I had to fix this first. Now I can eat sugar and have no issues. None. It gives me pure energy.

Carnivore might be good for a while. But it is not superior to other diets at all. Maybe for that person at that time.

GreekDemiGod

Too much fat seems to be an issue. It lowers metabolism too much. Even with high protein.

Sugar is simply the superior fuel. 100%. The only problem is that sugar can put a lot more pressure on the system and you will crash quicker and run into issues if you are unhealthy. Healthy person should be able to eat whatever. Just like children could.

I am not saying you cannot get cured with sugar. There is a lot of evidence of sugar being a healing nutrient. My experience has been not the case with myself. I had to cut sugar.

Of course the person always had certain strengths and weaknesses. Some people might do better on more fat. Some on sugar, etc. For me it seemed my sugar metabolism was bad and I had to fix this first. Now I can eat sugar and have no issues. None. It gives me pure energy.

Carnivore might be good for a while. But it is not superior to other diets at all. Maybe for that person at that time.
High Protein only is not sustainable, even the Carnivores recognise this and emphasise fat consumption. They may have a phase of very high protein, low fat and low carb, for fat loss purposes, PSMF style, but they don’t stay long on it. At some point, the body starts craving the fat.

If you are curious, on zerocarbzen.com there are several testimonials of regular folks reporting after a couple of years on Carnivore.
Here’s one:

What’s interesting is after a couple of years, they start adding either milk or honey.

After the 3 year mark is when I decided to try raw milk. As you know from my candida story above, I was able to eat dairy immediately after healing my gut, as long as it was raw. But I was only eating raw cheese, and I was curious if higher carb dairy would cause me any issues. So year 3 is when I decided to try raw milk and cream with good results. Year 4 I decided to take it a step further and try some raw honey, because my metabolism is healthy and I don’t have issues with sugar addiction

animalcule

Paul Saladino put out a good video on the dangers of long term ketosis:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VsnQU7Q1jQ

This was after years of telling people that eating nothing but meat and fat was totally healthy but ... better late than never. Most carnivores start adding back honey/fruit after a couple of years, if they don't quit altogether. People who eat nothing but meat for years on end are the exception, not the rule. Long term ketogenic diets raise cortisol, lower testosterone, and can make it difficult to handle carbs when you add them back because your body will have a huge insulin response to the smallest amount of sugar. Even the woman who runs that website, Esme LeFleur, couldn't eat nothing but meat long term. Someone posted somewhere else that she was now eating only quail eggs, but I know that a few years ago she said she was eating nothing but quinoa because her digestion couldn't handle the meat anymore.

Well, I have to say my skin, which was good before, absolutely radiates since I upped my saturated fat in the form of coconut oil.
It kind of glows lol.
I was honestly surprised and a liitle skeptical of all the benefits of more coconut oil.
I don’t know if cocconut oil is carnivore, but it is definitely a plus in my book.

Dutchie

Well, I have to say my skin, which was good before, absolutely radiates since I upped my saturated fat in the form of coconut oil.
It kind of glows lol.
I was honestly surprised and a liitle skeptical of all the benefits of more coconut oil.
I don’t know if cocconut oil is carnivore, but it is definitely a plus in my book.
Coconut oil doesn't come from an animal, so not carnivore. ;)
However if it works for you, no need to ditch it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’ve been mostly on a meat/animal based diet for close to 3 years and I absolutely can’t do zero carbs long term. It’s pretty awesome for my digestion but other areas start to suffer over time. I know there are lots people in carnivore circles vilifying all carbs but I feel individually we have our own unique balance with macros that we need to determine for ourselves with experimentation. I’ll just leave it at that rather than blather on. I completely respect that others may have a different experience than me though.

Dutchie

I’ve been mostly on a meat/animal based diet for close to 3 years and I absolutely can’t do zero carbs long term. It’s pretty awesome for my digestion but other areas start to suffer over time. I know there are lots people in carnivore circles vilifying all carbs but I feel individually we have our own unique balance with macros that we need to determine for ourselves with experimentation. I’ll just leave it at that rather than blather on. I completely respect that others may have a different experience than me though.
Sally K Norton,who went fully carnivore to deal with oxalates, also mentioned in several podcasts that she has (low ox.) carbs every now and then bc her body couldn't handle all the processes without any carbs. As is the case for most people dealing with this issue, however that doesn't mean that one needs to eat them everyday.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sally K Norton,who went fully carnivore to deal with oxalates, also mentioned in several podcasts that she has (low ox.) carbs every now and then bc her body couldn't handle all the processes without any carbs. As is the case for most people dealing with this issue, however that doesn't mean that one needs to eat them everyday.
Thank you, I wasn’t sure exactly how she ate beyond meat based. From a recent interview I listened to it sounds like Eliot Overton eats similarly and includes some potatoes and white rice as his carb sources.

animalcule

I'm really skeptical of the whole "oxalate dumping" phenomenon ... To me it seems like another way for people who are committed to zero carb to rationalize negative symptoms that are really the fault of ... eating zero carb.

I agree with you. I think it’s important to have variety. One type of food, ie meat only, is not healthy in the long run.

ironfist

I have only recently learned of carnivore. Normally I eat carbs and meat, vegetables, basically simply water to drink.

When I eat something like only bacon, I feel amazing. This was odd to me because you'd think you need carbohydrates for energy. But when I eat ONLY bacon, I feel energized, mental clarity, and it is confusing. I've redone this experiment loads of times and it's always the same.

So if a carnivore meal makes me feel awesome, the natural rationalizing is that carnivore diet must be amazing.

But it sounds like if you do it for too long, it's bad.

It's literally getting to the point where when I eat salad I don't feel as good after.

I tried vegetarian for a year and got worse health... but I was under tons of stress at the time. I mean a bonkers amount of stress, horrible work environment, narcissist roommates, narcissist parents, I basically developed PTSD during this time. I read something somewhere, just an opinion, that vegetarianism under stress will create health issues because your body doesn't have the charge to handle the additional necessity of digesting vegetarianism AND handle stress.