3 Meathead Chemists talk Progesterone

golder

Has anyone here doubted overdosing progesterone has negative androgenic effects? Peatarian approach is to use it to such level where your chronic stress is reversed, which results in increased androgenic production.

A different perspective to this is when you use it transdermally, because prog increases T production in the skin which increases DHT. So the total effect of prog might and probably is largely different if consumed internally vs. transdermally.

You can go back 2 years in my post history when i first tried progesterone topically, and the most notable thing i experienced was what i described as "this is what i imagined testosterone would feel like". I have not tried other hormones, and the only supplement that comes close to that feeling is high dose cholesterol.
Interesting report thanks for that. When you mention high dose cholesterol being comparable to topical progesterone, we’re you referring to oral cholesterol powder? Just curious what doses you found beneficial here as I’d like to try it :)

equipoise

Most people here afraid of progesterone and they think it will turn them in girls. More progesterone for us that experienced the positive effects Ray has talked about.

Cortisol reduction within 10 minutes of applying it? Check
Clearer skin, lively eyes, zero discoloration? Check
Better hair density, straighter hair, better "fluff"? Check
Tightening of arms and abdominal muscle bellies? Check

Overall it makes me look like a top model, I always had a feeling as if progesterone really makes the food you eat work tenfold.
When I drink OJ on Progesterone, it feels amazing, healing.

golder

Most people here afraid of progesterone and they think it will turn them in girls. More progesterone for us that experienced the positive effects Ray has talked about.

Cortisol reduction within 10 minutes of applying it? Check
Clearer skin, lively eyes, zero discoloration? Check
Better hair density, straighter hair, better "fluff"? Check
Tightening of arms and abdominal muscle bellies? Check

Overall it makes me look like a top model, I always had a feeling as if progesterone really makes the food you eat work tenfold.
When I drink OJ on Progesterone, it feels amazing, healing.
Very interesting. What are your topical/oral doses and how often?

equipoise

Very interesting. What are your topical/oral doses and how often?
I've last used it in November 2020, I stopped using any supplements really during the winter except for vitamin D, kinda wanted to focus on the diet big time, and so I did.
I used Progestene at around 15mg's daily, split into 3x5mg doses. @SonOfEurope motivated me to experiment with Progesterone big time, he knows everything about it.
It's very amazing substance, I actually think that it's probably THE most fascinating substance of all that Ray has talked about.

No penis shrinkage btw, even in doses as big as 100mg (yes, really). My penis is very veiny and stiff and semen white, clear and there was lots of it (I always had a lot of semen, but even this is boosted).

No problem with beard growth or body hair or anything. I experienced 0 (zero) negatives of Progestene, only positives.

Next up as per haidut's advice is me trying out CortiNon which is probably gonna be during peak summer, when I'm gonna be on the beach and tanned + a lot of bodyweight workout (calisthenics). Should be extremely anabolic really

SonOfEurope

Yes, it's the main stabilizing hormone of the human body.

Not to mention if you're having a seizure or in a loop of over excitatory catabolism it might save your life.

I only experienced some slight drop in libido when I passed 40mg years ago, partly from the sedation and that I wasn't taking the appropriate calcium at the time more than a drastic drop in Testosterone > DHT conversion.

I really must emphasize that protesterone does not "inhibit" the enzyme 5 Alpha (it protects all enzymatic functions) it might only lower DHT in very large doses as it, being somewhat similar to Testosterone and a very mild activator of the AR itself, out-competes Testosterone for conversion to metabolites.

But in oral dosages of 10 - 30mg some should still convert to DHT and androsterone as it passes the liver.

Within a moderate dose it should not do anything antiadrogenic or interfere with optimal Testicular output given enough calcium and Vitt D - many of D's skeletal and muscular maintenance processes are intertwined with P4 (and strong androgens).

Of course if you go into 300 or 400mg you're asking for disturbances. But such a dose is absurd.

Something I believe I never mentioned is that up until my early 20s I was developing shoulder and back hair while still having a weak beard, this hairs disappeared while limb hair became fuller, coinciding with Haidut's conclusion that hair outside of lower limbs and Beard are Cortisol induced. Now that I'm on only on 10mg they have not come back, my hairline is still perfect after improving and I'm turning 30 in November.

rei

Interesting report thanks for that. When you mention high dose cholesterol being comparable to topical progesterone, we’re you referring to oral cholesterol powder? Just curious what doses you found beneficial here as I’d like to try it :)
Yes, cholesterol powder eaten. I used to sprinkle it using a teaspoon on bread, probably like 0,2g per slice. This is slightly less than a 0 size capsule would contain (0,3g). I would eat about 4 such breads in a day.

Also, it was not comparable, it was just feeling in a similar manner. So in some sense comparable, but not equal. Progesterone certainly was more powerful.

Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

Is it possible that men who benefit from small doses of Progesterone are ones already high or very high in masculine/ dimorphic traits and Testosterone?
One thing to take Prog. when you're 1000 ng/dL and one thing to take it when you're 300 ng/dL

Charger

Is it possible that men who benefit from small doses of Progesterone are ones already high or very high in masculine/ dimorphic traits and Testosterone?
One thing to take Prog. when you're 1000 ng/dL and one thing to take it when you're 300 ng/dL

That's a good point and something people apparently aren't taking into consideration. Same thing happens with guys who use Finasteride and get sides vs those who don't. People's experiences with both are different depending on their baseline.

My SHBG is already high/Free T on the low end, and considering Prog increases SHBG, maybe it puts me in a place of having too little free androgens and I get side effects as a result.

meatbag

That's a good point and something people apparently aren't taking into consideration. Same thing happens with guys who use Finasteride and get sides vs those who don't. People's experiences with both are different depending on their baseline.

My SHBG is already high/Free T on the low end, and considering Prog increases SHBG, maybe it puts me in a place of having too little free androgens and I get side effects as a result.
How are the free hormones interacting with the cells?

SamuraiJack

this is when you use it transdermally, because prog inc
Has anyone here doubted overdosing progesterone has negative androgenic effects? Peatarian approach is to use it to such level where your chronic stress is reversed, which results in increased androgenic production.

A different perspective to this is when you use it transdermally, because prog increases T production in the skin which increases DHT. So the total effect of prog might and probably is largely different if consumed internally vs. transdermally.

You can go back 2 years in my post history when i first tried progesterone topically, and the most notable thing i experienced was what i described as "this is what i imagined testosterone would feel like". I have not tried other hormones, and the only supplement that comes close to that feeling is high dose cholesterol.
Very interesting. I've been on 500mg+ test/week with varying dosages of mast now for 7 or so months. My libido actually didn't improve at all, but recently only exploded with low dose progesterone.
As mentioned by Leo, progesterone is the libido hormone, more so than the other hormones.
I've read this from other sources also.
Apparently when suppressd (as I am), the body no longer produces progesterone as it is produced from your balls essentially. Others chime in on this.

Another reason why my libido didn't improve the way I expected was due to the high estrogen spikes from the test. I'm a high e2 converter. We know progesterone will antagonise and remove estrogen.

MCurtone

When I took finasteride (big regret lol) I also took about 40mg of progesterone per day.

My skin became immaculate
My hair grew back like crazy
I was consistently happy
Zero stress, it would bounnce off me, my friends would be shocked.
Libido was present and more managable.

And that was 40mg per day for over 5 months. 20mg morning and 20mg evening

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals