3-Foot World. One Pragmatic View Of Perceive, Think, Act

Ideonaut

I liked it, thanks! It reminds me of Goethe's "Wer Grosses will, muss sich bahnen" --Whoever wants to achieve something great must restrict himself. I like a lot of Peat's stuff, but not his "perceive, think, act". One naturally perceives and thinks and acts, and not in any particular order. One also feels. The Bible said in the beginning was the Word, Goethe said in the beginning was the Deed (Am anfang war die Tat), and Hitler said in the beginning was the Urge (I include the last for political incorrectness' sake.). The last is in line with Rudolf Steiner's view that action springs not primarily from not the mind, but from the periphery, the vigor and energy of the cells, which could be seen as aligned with Peat's view. Peat said the natural function of the cell is t0 grow and the body is a system of stops on that natural growth force. Perhaps another natural function of the cell is to move--perform its job.

Re.Generate

I liked it, thanks! It reminds me of Goethe's "Wer Grosses will, muss sich bahnen" --Whoever wants to achieve something great must restrict himself. I like a lot of Peat's stuff, but not his "perceive, think, act". One naturally perceives and thinks and acts, and not in any particular order. One also feels. The Bible said in the beginning was the Word, Goethe said in the beginning was the Deed (Am anfang war die Tat), and Hitler said in the beginning was the Urge (I include the last for political incorrectness' sake.). The last is in line with Rudolf Steiner's view that action springs not primarily from not the mind, but from the periphery, the vigor and energy of the cells, which could be seen as aligned with Peat's view. Peat said the natural function of the cell is t0 grow and the body is a system of stops on that natural growth force. Perhaps another natural function of the cell is to move--perform its job.

I realise this is a very old thread but still - I totally disagree that we are naturally and always perceiving, thinking, and acting in the way peat probably means it - because many things get in the way of every step.

Thinking in our society is more about what we are told we should or can thinking about - when we don't have the fullness of truth we are essentially unable to think about everything - if we are constantly told that our doctors know best, that sugar is the devil. that serotonin is good etc etc - then how can we "think" about these things? - thinking requires curiosity and openness, otherwise it's just accessing what we call our "knowledge", which is a closed door - the current society does not encourage "thinking".

Perceiving is in a similar boat - perceive something wrong, in our bodies for instance, is predicated on our ability to perceive it as "not normal" and also that it is something we are capable of doing something about - difficult in a world that tells us its all in our genes really.

Acting become especially hard in todays world - where we get frowned upon by doctors, friends, communities and many others if we start practicing something outside of what is called "normal" - if we start taking progesterone as a man or taking aspirin or saying no to the doctors chemo or something else - just saying its not so simple

LeeLemonoil

I agree. Perceive distorted reality through the veil of ***t. Think about how the things work on wrong premises. Act accordingly.

That’s what most people ever do.

Re.Generate

I agree. Perceive distorted reality through the veil of ***t. Think about how the things work on wrong premises. Act accordingly.

That’s what most people ever do.

Exactly - this is part of what I will be teaching in my new courses starting next week based on the metabolic theory - and be probably starting with - perceive, think, act - and what gets in the way of those things in our current climate - a LOT!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals