3-Foot World. One Pragmatic View Of Perceive, Think, Act

Discussion in 'Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality' started by PeatThemAll, Dec 3, 2016.

1. PeatThemAll

PeatThemAll Member

Doesn't get more concrete than this guy's story.

2. Ideonaut

Ideonaut Member

I liked it, thanks! It reminds me of Goethe's "Wer Grosses will, muss sich bahnen" --Whoever wants to achieve something great must restrict himself. I like a lot of Peat's stuff, but not his "perceive, think, act". One naturally perceives and thinks and acts, and not in any particular order. One also feels. The Bible said in the beginning was the Word, Goethe said in the beginning was the Deed (Am anfang war die Tat), and Hitler said in the beginning was the Urge (I include the last for political incorrectness' sake.). The last is in line with Rudolf Steiner's view that action springs not primarily from not the mind, but from the periphery, the vigor and energy of the cells, which could be seen as aligned with Peat's view. Peat said the natural function of the cell is t0 grow and the body is a system of stops on that natural growth force. Perhaps another natural function of the cell is to move--perform its job.