3-bp Inhibits Glycolysis And Cures Cancer

mimmo123

3-BP is less toxic and more effective than DCA and 2DOG due to its preferential entry into cancer cells and its capacity to target simultaneously the two major energy production pathways (glycolysis and mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation). DCA and 2DOG are more cytotoxic because they enter both normal healthy and cancerous cells. Their chemical structures do not provide for specificity to cancer cells. In fact, they enter more normal cells than cancer cells and harm normal cellular functions.

Secondly, DCA and 2DOG are less effective than 3BP in killing cancer cells because each agent targets primarily only one of a cell’s two energy production pathways, thus allowing such cells to rely on the other pathway for survival. For example, 2DOG will slow down only the glycolytic pathway but not mitochondrial function.

Consequently, cancer cells will thrive utilizing mitochondrial functions. DCA improves mitochondrial function but not the glycolytic energy production pathway. Unlike 2DOG and DCA, 3-BP while leaving normal cells unharmed will destroy both energy production pathways of cancer cells upon its preferential entry via monocarboxylate transporters (MCTs). That is why 3-BP is more effective than DCA and 2DOG while exhibiting little to no toxicity.

https://www.kodiscovery.org/

3-Bromopyruvate (3-BP): An effective metabolic inhibitor - Cancer Tutor

jitsmonkey

They're using ketogenic diet as a primary tool for cancer treatment.
That makes their position on anything extremely tenuous.
Its not necessarily a condemnation of 3-BP but "birds of a feather"

OP
M

mimmo123

hmm well if there using a ketogenic diet and curing cancer despite of that because of 3-BP then that shows you how powerful 3-BP actually is

jitsmonkey

3-BP might very well be the bees knees I have no idea.
Dayspring as a source is questionable at best.

OP
M

mimmo123

Yea I agree Dayspring as a source is questionable
there the only ones I found in USA using 3-BP that's why I listed it

3-BP works based on the Warburg effect.
Pretty much what Ray talks about Metabolic Defect as the main cause

Is 3-BP toxic I have no idea
will it work I have no idea

but it is a tool that's available if all else fails
just like GCMAF,DCA,DNP,High dose aspirin with caffeine,Methylene Blue etc

haidut

Forum Supporter
3-BP is less toxic and more effective than DCA and 2DOG due to its preferential entry into cancer cells and its capacity to target simultaneously the two major energy production pathways (glycolysis and mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation). DCA and 2DOG are more cytotoxic because they enter both normal healthy and cancerous cells. Their chemical structures do not provide for specificity to cancer cells. In fact, they enter more normal cells than cancer cells and harm normal cellular functions.

Secondly, DCA and 2DOG are less effective than 3BP in killing cancer cells because each agent targets primarily only one of a cell’s two energy production pathways, thus allowing such cells to rely on the other pathway for survival. For example, 2DOG will slow down only the glycolytic pathway but not mitochondrial function.

Consequently, cancer cells will thrive utilizing mitochondrial functions. DCA improves mitochondrial function but not the glycolytic energy production pathway. Unlike 2DOG and DCA, 3-BP while leaving normal cells unharmed will destroy both energy production pathways of cancer cells upon its preferential entry via monocarboxylate transporters (MCTs). That is why 3-BP is more effective than DCA and 2DOG while exhibiting little to no toxicity.

KoDiscovery | 3BP (3-Bromopyruvate) | Metabolic Cancer Therapy

3-Bromopyruvate (3-BP): An effective metabolic inhibitor - Cancer Tutor

3-BP has been studied for decades. In theory, it sounds quite nice. In practice, it turned out to be not much better than DCA. One reason, as one study found, is that until a "cancer" cell's pool of antioxidants is depleted it is VERY resistant to metabolic "poisoning" from molecules like DCA and 3-BP. One study with melanoma found that 3-BP by itself did not cause more than 10% regression of the cancer by itself but when GSH was depleted it led to 80%+ regression.
Furthermore, the goal should not be to "poison" cancer cells, it should be to restore their normal metabolism. Unfortunately, chemicals like 3-BP and DCA are in fact metabolic toxins (as you point out) and eventually by suppressing mitochondrial function they become strong carcinogens themselves. Peat said that about DCA and when I asked about 3-BP he said it would be even more toxic. This is probably the main reason (e.g. secondary cancers due to therapy with these chemicals) we have not seen more use of these chemicals on humans. Anyways, the goal should be to inhibit excessive glycolysis but increase mitochondrial respiration, not suppress both indiscriminately since as I posted in several other threads anything that inhibits oxidative metabolism leads to cancer eventually. Cancer cells have very low OXPHOS so it makes no sense to inhibit it unless the goal is to kill the cell, which is not much different than traditional chemotherapy approaches that are known to quickly lead to secondary cancers of relapse of the original one.
Sucrose is a strong depleting agent of GSH, as is aspirin, quinones, thyroid, the fructose in sucrose, etc. So, a combination of something like high sucrose diet, methylene blue, thiamine and niacinamide should be able to achieve the same effects without killing the entire organism.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals