2018 Thyroid Sources

jaakkima

Has anyone switched from Cynoplus to Tyromax, or Tyromax to Cynoplus? Just curious about any subjective comparison experiences - especially in terms of whether the dosing feels equivalent just going by the numbers and standard conversion.

(I'm going compare myself probably so eventually I'll have an idea anyway)

Last edited:

Lolinaa

.25 cynoplus is 1/2 grain, not a huge dose. I take this amount at bedtime and bits of t3 during the day.

Hi @HDD , do you still take 100 mg of magnesium with t3. This advice has helped me a lot to go back on t3 without adrenaline problems, along with eating more calories. It was in another thread.

How long do you think one should take magnesium with t3? Just the first month or more? Any idea.

Wilfrid

TiroideIBSA is what I’m currently taking.
It has a T3:T4 ratio of 1:3,4 which is one of the more “ peaty “ ideal ratio that I came across for a synthetic product.

HDD

Hi @HDD , do you still take 100 mg of magnesium with t3. This advice has helped me a lot to go back on t3 without adrenaline problems, along with eating more calories. It was in another thread.

How long do you think one should take magnesium with t3? Just the first month or more? Any idea.

I never needed to use additional magnesium while supplementing thyroid and I still don’t. I tried to find the interview where Ray talks about it and found a few bits I had saved.

This is from Herb Doctors/Nitric Oxide

ANDREW MURRAY: Okay, alright, Dr. Peat I had a question actually from a person who wrote to me who said that they were unable to call in because they were outside the country and I think by the time I responded to them to ask them what country they were in it was probably already too late. And I have come across this with other people anyway in our own practice and working with you, I think I understand the situation but I’d like to hear it from you. It was particularly with a woman who said, that she had hypothyroidism, symptoms including depression, weight gain, cold hands and feet, dry hair and skin, her TSH (her thyroid stimulating hormone) was 1.6 which wasn't super high but I know you like it to be as close to zero as possible and her T3 was 3.5. She said, she used to take Armour Thyroid she was prescribed this by a Doctor and it helped with symptoms for a few months but she said that when she tried to supplement with T3 or a T3/T4 combination she developed anxiety and tachycardia. She said she's experimented with doses as small even as 1mg of T3 and she said it would send her into a hyperthyroid type state, I think that's kind of anxiety and palpitations, it may be an adrenalin thing but she said is there anything she can do to better tolerate thyroid supplementation. She was currently taking zinc gluconate, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, she's using 4000iu of Vitamin D, she's using Progest-e the second half of her menstrual cycle, aspirin, magnesium and calcium. She also eats liver, weekly. What do you think might cause that in a person who previously might have used thyroid and then suddenly becomes what they call sensitive to it and unable to use it?

RAY PEAT: Sometimes I think it's that the product has changed. European forms of thyroid supplement seem to be very unpredictable, but if it's for sure the same product, then usually a magnesium deficiency can cause exactly those symptoms because the thyroid makes your cells able to use magnesium and so take it up, but a big organ like your skeletal muscles and bones can take up so much from your blood that your brain and heart and such have trouble getting the magnesium they need to respond to the thyroid, and then you get an exaggerated stress and adrenalin reaction. And low cholesterol is another limiting factor; if you have very low cholesterol you can't respond to increasing your thyroid because one of the basic functions of thyroid is to turn cholesterol into progesterone, pregnenolone and DHEA.

ANDREW MURRAY: Okay, so what kind of dose of magnesium would you think for that kind of person would be suitable?

RAY PEAT: About 100mg at a time as you take the say 1-2 mcg of cytomel, or cynomel. 100mg will be plenty for the first 2 or 3 hours of responding to 1 or 2 micrograms.

—————
I didn’t note which interview the following is from.

Caller: So when you are in a situation like that she was using very small specks of T3, under 1 mcg sometimes.

The thing to do is to hold that very low dose for a couple of weeks, then increase it in very, very small increments and the adrenalinhopefully comes down?

RP:
Well, sometimes it lasts for a couple of weeks. If you’re really extreme, you have to use little bits of supplements and be very careful about your intake of protein, sugar, calcium, everything that is counter to the stress.

RP: Yeah. I’ve known people for a week or two who would stay with 1mcg doses of T3, but you have to make sure your whole diet is very good, having hormone tests, and a vit D blood test is helpful because magnesium and calcium work together and vit D regulates them.

Lolinaa

I never needed to use additional magnesium while supplementing thyroid and I still don’t. I tried to find the interview where Ray talks about it and found a few bits I had saved.

Ok, thanks. I read somewhere on the forum you advise this with these exact quotes from Peat and I must say it has helped me a lot. So thank you.

I used to have this adrenalin and anxiety the first time I tried thyroid. Now that I take magnesium with it and eat much more too I can tolerate thyroid far better. I have started back like 2 weeks ago. So far so good
I do use cynoplus at night 15mcg. And Cynomel few times during the day. When I wake up like 2/3 mcg with 100mg magnesium and at 2 or 3 depends how I feel with magnesium too. But I really dont know if I must continue with the magnesium. I just know that I dont have adrenalin and anxiety anymore so I am happy for now.

HDD

@Lolinaa That is great that it’s working for you now! From the interviews, he is saying that it may take a couple of weeks but I suppose it is individual and some may not need to continue that long. Do you take magnesium with the t3 during the day? If so, maybe test it without the magnesium to see how you feel. Salt helps to retain magnesium so you might also try increasing your salt.

Lolinaa

@HDD, yes I am happy to be able to tolerate t3.
I take the magnesium only when I take t3 during the day not with the cynoplus at night.
I will try without magnesium next Tuesday and see how I feel. Tuesday will be full two weeks since I restart thyroid. I was so low in energy during this summer that I had to do something.
I emailed Ray Peat and he advised me to do that. What a great man.

Birdie

I take the magnesium only when I take t3 during the day not with the cynoplus at night.
I will try without magnesium next Tuesday and see how I feel. Tuesday will be full two weeks since I restart thyroid. I was so low in energy during this summer that I had to do something.
How is it going by now?

Lolinaa

How is it going by now?

Hi, Thank you for asking. It's going great. I am quite happy about my thyroïd use. I take right now only 30mcg of cynoplus at night and during the day I don’t even need to add cynomel. I have added those elements and my health and energy have improved greatly:
- coffee with cream during the day, just one big one that I sip time to time, of course milk and orange juice as well.
- heat red lamp at night, I got the beurer one’s, in Europe its quite complicated and I am not very knowledgeable in red light therapy.
- some taurine: around 500mg/day, I have just started.
Magnesium, vitamin c, a, d and k mainly from food and sometimes from supplements depends on how I feel.

It's thanks to some specific forum members ans Ray Peat that I am doing much better now.
This forum rocks when we talk to the right people.

Barbara

My sister and I have both used this brand of Thyroid since 2017 with really good results. We both have autoimmune so we added in their Thymus back in March and it changed everything — energy, mood, lifted brain fog and our allergies are 80% cleared. These supplements (actually just food) have given us our lives back.

Just make sure to follow their dosing protocol.

Barbara

Hi, Thank you for asking. It's going great. I am quite happy about my thyroïd use. I take right now only 30mcg of cynoplus at night and during the day I don’t even need to add cynomel. I have added those elements and my health and energy have improved greatly:
- coffee with cream during the day, just one big one that I sip time to time, of course milk and orange juice as well.
- heat red lamp at night, I got the beurer one’s, in Europe its quite complicated and I am not very knowledgeable in red light therapy.
- some taurine: around 500mg/day, I have just started.
Magnesium, vitamin c, a, d and k mainly from food and sometimes from supplements depends on how I feel.

It's thanks to some specific forum members ans Ray Peat that I am doing much better now.
This forum rocks when we talk to the right people.
How much magnesium and what brand do you use?

Barbara

Any updates? How are you taking the magnesium and how much?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals