2018 Thyroid Sources

Dotdash

That is interesting. I do not know the accuracy of the information but it would be helpful if someone on this forum could validate it.

The only thing I recall reading from Dr Peat is that glandulars do not contain the thyroid hormones like synthetics do, and need to be digested to be effective. Based on personal lab work - Nutri-Meds is as effective as the synthetics in lowering TSH.

superhuman

Yes, the Bovine is all that's available now. I've been using this for almost a year now.
How has it been compared to other synthetic T4 and T3 etc? and what are the doses in terms of compared to T4 and T3 doses?

Dotdash

How has it been compared to other synthetic T4 and T3 etc? and what are the doses in terms of compared to T4 and T3 doses?
I don't personally know how to answer your question of T4 & T3 doses since it does not contain the hormones as T4 and T3. To me it is more like giving the potential for the hormones to be produced in the body. With labs as a reference I find this is the case. TSH is below 1, T4 is in upper range as is T3. I started slowly with 1/4 of a tablet, worked up to 1/2 and held there for a while, recently increased to 3/4 tablet due to l abs showing TSH at 4. Probably because the winter months required more and I failed to adjust accordingly. Since going to 3/4 tablet the TSH is now back under 1.

Birdie

So they do accept CC?
Yes, they did. What happened was they emailed me after I made my order, asking for the CC info.
Then, I gave the info and it didn't go through, but their accompanying email said to call my bank to authorize it.
That worked and my order is on it's slow way to me.

Birdie

159 dollars for 100 tablets !!!! So expensive
Was that for Cynoplus? I ordered 3 Cynomel bottles and paid $106 incl shipping for 300 tabs.
True the price for the bottles has gone up from $70 + ship for 3 bottles last time I ordered.

achillea

When WP became unavailable we were recommended to Zwebmedia out of Cambodia. Thyroid there is thought of as a supplement so it Is quite clean. The people who started the company could not find a good source so they started their own company. 250 1 grain for $64 US
From what we understand WP will be available sometime soon.

Birdie

When WP became unavailable we were recommended to Zwebmedia out of Cambodia. Thyroid there is thought of as a supplement so it Is quite clean. The people who started the company could not find a good source so they started their own company. 250 1 grain for $64 US
From what we understand WP will be available sometime soon.
I like WP so good news. Just visited my new doc yesterday. Got scrip for NP which is expensive.
Hope WP will still be reasonable in price when it returns.

Zwebmedia sounds good though. Is this Thyroid-S?

Was that for Cynoplus? I ordered 3 Cynomel bottles and paid $106 incl shipping for 300 tabs.
True the price for the bottles has gone up from $70 + ship for 3 bottles last time I ordered.

No. Thats from sigma pharmaceuticals posted by @thomas00

Where did you order your cynomel?

G Forrest

Yes, they did. What happened was they emailed me after I made my order, asking for the CC info.
Then, I gave the info and it didn't go through, but their accompanying email said to call my bank to authorize it.
That worked and my order is on it's slow way to me.

Thanks for the reply! That's good to know.

How long do their deliveries typically take to deliver (to the US) after you order?

Lolinaa

Mymexicandrugstore. See above little discussion.
I received my order from my mexican drugstore, I got the cynomel and cynoplus but the tetracycline is missing. I wrote them and I am waiting for their answer. I hope they are honest.

G Forrest

So just to recap where to buy Grossman Cynomel (T3 only) and Cynoplus T4:T3, 4:1) - the Peat recommended brand:

My Mexican Drugstore: Carries both Cynoplus and Cynomel. Cynoplus is $34 +shipping around $12, total cost = around $45. Cynomel, they only sell in the 3 pack, so it's expensive if you only want 1 bottle

Pro's: Sells Cynoplus (but expensive), accepts credit cards
Cons: some members reporting issues with orders and less that stellar customer service. Expensive: cost is more than double (Farmacias below used to sell C+ for $13/bottle I believe). Does not sell cynomel by the single bottle

Farmacias Del Nino [important: make sure it's the one with an 's' after farmacia (s)]

Pro's: Low price, you can order the solo bottle of cynomel, quick response to customer inquiries
Cons: Discontinued selling cynoplus. I contacted them and did not say they would be carrying the product again, does not accept credit cards, payment methods seems potentially sketchy but users have reported to have no issues and quick turnarounds

Farmacia Del Nino (no 's'):

Pro's: Sells C+ for $21.50 +shipping, and Cynomel for $11.50
Cons: Users have reported issues ordering from them, no credit cards.

G Forrest

Just a correction to my notes above:

You CAN order T3 Cynomel per 1 bottle at MY MEXICAN DRUGSTORE, but you have to search under Cytomel (the picture will still show Cynomel), it's just with the 't' is the US spelling of the product.

Luckytype

Ray Peat was disgusted with the ingredients used in pimpomproducts. (personal email)

Interesting, thanks Rosie. I can recall from a not so recent thread he was alright with the Thiroyd product. The ingredients seem pretty simple to be honest

dreamcatcher

The ingredients of Thyroid-S:

Thyroid extract USP
> Lactose (a milk sugar and is a filler)
> PVP K90 (Polyvinylpyrolidone; water soluble coating/binder;
> no known hazard)
> Avicel (microcrystalline cellulose; holds product together)
> Aerosil (silicic acid powder; help disperse the
> ingredients)
> Sodium starch glycolate (helps dissolute/disintegrate the
> pill)
> Magnesium stearate (filling agent)
> Eudragit (a common sustain-released coating)
> Methocel (a water soluble cellulose — helps bind pill)
> Talcum (a filler)
> Ponceau 4r lake (red additive-aluminum)
> Tartrazine lake (yellow additive-aluminum)
> Brilliant blue FCF lake (blue additive-aluminum)
> Sunset yellow FCF (yellow additive)
> Titanium dioxide (white)
> PEG 6000 (water soluble polymer; binder)
> Dimethicone solution (Thanks to Ruth-Ann for obtaining
> the ingredients list above; descriptions added)
> On 8-2009, received an email from a US Doctor who received
> the following list after emailing Sriprasit:
>
> Fillers used: Corn starch, actose, Avicel
> (microcrystalline cellulose; MCC); Binders used: PVP
> K-90 (Polyvinylpyrrolidone); Preservatives used: Methyl
> paraben, Propyl paraben; Content in one tablet (60 mg
> thyroid extract): approximately 38 mcg
> Levothyroxine (T4) and 9 mcg Liothyronine (T3); Source
> of extract: Porcine

Ray Peat's reply to that:

"Besides the dyes, known allergens or toxins are