2018 Studies On Rhodiola Rosea

Makrosky

Guys,

I was lately looking for recent articles in Pubmed about this herb and there has been A LOT of research lately, specially in one of its main active compounds "salidroside".

I haven't checked the whole studies, just the abstracts, but was very surprised there has been so many papers about it. Apparently most of the recent research has focused in salidroside and not in the rosavins (the other main active compound). Lots of 2018 research. Just to mention a few, not even the most relevants.

Now, please nobody jumps blindly trying this herb. I have found enormous differences in effects and quality in different brands and standarized extracts. Some of them were quite serotonergic while others I found were not.

Also, I once found a place where a pure salidroside product was sold but I can't find it anymore. No matter how hard I try. If anyone knows it, please post it. Maybe it is worth trying.

@Diokine @burtlancast maybe you are interested.

Salidroside promotes rat spinal cord injury recovery by inhibiting inflammatory cytokine expression and NF-κB and MAPK signaling pathways.
https://doi.org/10.1002/jcp.28124

Ameliorative effect of salidroside from Rhodiola Rosea L. on the gut microbiota subject to furan-induced liver injury in a mouse model.
Redirecting

Salidroside protects ATDC5 cells against lipopolysaccharide-induced injury through up-regulation of microRNA-145 in osteoarthritis.
Redirecting

Protective Effect of Salidroside Against Diabetic Kidney Disease Through Inhibiting BIM-Mediated Apoptosis of Proximal Renal Tubular Cells in Rats.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6289038/pdf/

Rhodiola rosea L. Improves Learning and Memory Function: Preclinical Evidence and Possible Mechanisms.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6288277/pdf/

Salidroside protected against MPP+ -induced Parkinson's disease in PC12 cells by inhibiting inflammation, oxidative stress and cell apoptosis.
https://doi.org/10.1002/bab.1719

Salidroside protects LPS-induced injury in human thyroid follicular epithelial cells by upregulation of MiR-27a.
Redirecting

Anders86

I get very strong serotinergic feeling from Rhodiola. I remember liking it best in a fasted state, giving me negative effects after eating.

nad

I get very strong serotinergic feeling from Rhodiola. I remember liking it best in a fasted state, giving me negative effects after eating.
could you please tell more in details about this feeling? Is it directly after taking it or after some long time ?

Anders86

could you please tell more in details about this feeling? Is it directly after taking it or after some long time ?

Hmm, 30-60 minutes later. Very happy, but more manic and spontaneous in mood and my language. High in energy, that "****88 up" destructive attitude wanting to party, smoke weed or destroy myself working out etc.

Last edited:

nad

Hmm, 30-60 minutes later. Very happy, but more manic and spontaneous in mood and my language. High in energy, that "****88 up" destructive attitude wanting to party, smoke weed or destroy myself working out etc.
And it didn't subside after few days? Every time the same? did you overdose it?

Anders86

And it didn't subside after few days? Every time the same? did you overdose it?

It did subside after a while. But that was the effect I liked and wanted at the time, not knowing better.

I was dosing between 300-500mg with coffee.

Usually after I ate I would crash. Feeling tired, down, lazy etc. I used to fast alot, often a meal a day.

There is more than just Serotonin at play in this anecdote but I distinctly was searching for the serotonin feeling at the time and found it with Rhodiola.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Loooool! hahahaha I loved the description :rockout
Yeah definitely can make you manic
It did subside after a while. But that was the effect I liked and wanted at the time, not knowing better.

I was dosing between 300-500mg with coffee.

Usually after I ate I would crash. Feeling tired, down, lazy etc. I used to fast alot, often a meal a day.

There is more than just Serotonin at play in this anecdote but I distinctly was searching for the serotonin feeling at the time and found it with Rhodiola.
This could be a very high dose depending on the formulation of the product and your individual state.

Kingpinguin

Guys,

I was lately looking for recent articles in Pubmed about this herb and there has been A LOT of research lately, specially in one of its main active compounds "salidroside".

I haven't checked the whole studies, just the abstracts, but was very surprised there has been so many papers about it. Apparently most of the recent research has focused in salidroside and not in the rosavins (the other main active compound). Lots of 2018 research. Just to mention a few, not even the most relevants.

Now, please nobody jumps blindly trying this herb. I have found enormous differences in effects and quality in different brands and standarized extracts. Some of them were quite serotonergic while others I found were not.

Also, I once found a place where a pure salidroside product was sold but I can't find it anymore. No matter how hard I try. If anyone knows it, please post it. Maybe it is worth trying.

@Diokine @burtlancast maybe you are interested.

Salidroside promotes rat spinal cord injury recovery by inhibiting inflammatory cytokine expression and NF-κB and MAPK signaling pathways.
Error - Cookies Turned Off

Ameliorative effect of salidroside from Rhodiola Rosea L. on the gut microbiota subject to furan-induced liver injury in a mouse model.
Redirecting

Salidroside protects ATDC5 cells against lipopolysaccharide-induced injury through up-regulation of microRNA-145 in osteoarthritis.
Redirecting

Protective Effect of Salidroside Against Diabetic Kidney Disease Through Inhibiting BIM-Mediated Apoptosis of Proximal Renal Tubular Cells in Rats.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6289038/pdf/

Rhodiola rosea L. Improves Learning and Memory Function: Preclinical Evidence and Possible Mechanisms.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6288277/pdf/

Salidroside protected against MPP+ -induced Parkinson's disease in PC12 cells by inhibiting inflammation, oxidative stress and cell apoptosis.
Error - Cookies Turned Off

Salidroside protects LPS-induced injury in human thyroid follicular epithelial cells by upregulation of MiR-27a.
Redirecting

if you are still interested I believe you are talking about hydrapharms salidroside. Supposed to be pure salidroside. Never tried it.

ReSTART

Isn’t it serotogenic @Lokzo?
In rat models of CMS-induced depression, R. rosea extract (1.5, 3 and 6 g/kg) administration for 3 weeks fully recovers 5-HT hippocampal levels already at the lowest dose. This is accompanied by potentiation of neural stem cell proliferation as assessed through BrdU immunohistochemistry. Thus, serotonin may be crucially involved in the beneficial effects of R. rosea on mood disorders. These findings are reproduced in mice models showing depressive-like behavior following nicotine withdrawal. In detail, in rats previously treated for 14 days with nicotine (2 mg/kg) and the selective 5-HT1A receptor antagonist WAY 100635 (1 mg/kg), R. rosea (5, 10, 20, and 40 mg/kg) oral administration prevents depressive-like behaviors related with nicotine withdrawal, as assessed through the abstinence scale, the immobility time on forced swimming test and marble burying test. These effects are associated with an increase in the diencephalic content of 5-HT and the expression of 5-HT1A receptor

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals