2004 patent for low PUFA eggs

In theory, it should make its way to their eggs but most studies (even with birds) show that medium chain fatty acids (<14 carbon-chain length) are mostly processed by the liver and rapidly oxidized. Whatever escapes the liver is also mostly oxidized and not stored much. For storage, fatty acids with chain length of 13-14 or more carbons seems to be required. The only way to find out what happens when feeding them those fats is by doing a lab analysis on the egg-yolk fats.
I see. It would interesting to see such lab analysis. Thanks for the info.

ursidae

really windy days are the most stressful things, will change egg quality in one day - eggs can be off in shape, shell quality, or color. Nothing worse than a few days of wind in a row, really bothers them.

wow so windy days are close to the stress of a predator attack? Personally there’s nothing more debilitating for me than a cold dark windy climate. My ovarian follicles stopped maturing into eggs (PCOS) when I started living in the Scottish climate

jdrop

wow so windy days are close to the stress of a predator attack? Personally there’s nothing more debilitating for me than a cold dark windy climate. My ovarian follicles stopped maturing into eggs (PCOS) when I started living in the Scottish climate
Cold, dark, and windy, nobody likes that.

The period of time for a predator attack is so small, the event is over quick. If it is windy for days, they are stressed for the duration. Fortunately, they understand the communication going on with the squirrels and other birds, they usually have a heads up that something is coming their way. In our setup, usually the flock scatters and goes to their hiding spots, usually nobody gets eaten up. Then they go about their day. I imagine results would differ if they had no way of protection or hiding and were in constant worry of an attack.

Beastmode

In theory, it should make its way to their eggs but most studies (even with birds) show that medium chain fatty acids (<14 carbon-chain length) are mostly processed by the liver and rapidly oxidized. Whatever escapes the liver is also mostly oxidized and not stored much. For storage, fatty acids with chain length of 13-14 or more carbons seems to be required. The only way to find out what happens when feeding them those fats is by doing a lab analysis on the egg-yolk fats.

If feasible, this is definitely something we'd like to do with our chickens.

Mauritio

Ever thought about feeding them policosanol . Those are very long chain fatty acids and are dirt cheap as as you dont need much ?