20 Days Of Doxycycline - Help Welcome

LeeLemonoil

Many a tick has bitten me in my life, fortunately without consequences. Last week another little bugger bit me in the flank and I removed it about 36 hours later due to not earlier noticing. The bit seemed harmless enough, though it did ich a bit. Worried me initially, because tickbites don't usualy itch but 2 days later the site of the bite seemed ok. 6 days later though the site inflamed again with a circel with a radius a little under 1cm.

I started a Doxycycline treatment yesterday for Lyme-disease prevention/mitigation. 20 days of 200mg, whic is a rather high but standard dose for lyme.

I used Minoxicycline and Amoxicycline before in my life without issues. Now Doxy gives me rather heavy nausea about 20 minuets after ingestion on empty stomach.

Please if somebody could chime in hre with some advice or experience:

1.) How is nausea caused by Doxy? Does it attack the gastric mucosa or intestinial mucosa? Or is this already an indication of Endotoxin-flush / Herxheimer reaction.

2.) How to best assist a course of 20 days of Doxy?
Raw carrot to mitigate endotoxins advisable? Glycine to protect the mucosas?

3.) Vitamin K producing bacteria will be affected. Supplement it?

4.) How to prevent fungus and harmful bacteria overgrowth during and afterwards? I normally try to keep the gut in order with Coconut oil, vinegar and some herbal teas. Is this advisable during a course of antibiotics or shall I abstain from it for a time afterwards to allow the gut bacteria to regenerate?

5.) Are any of the gut-friendly B-vitmamins (1,2, Biotin) indicated during or afterwards?

6.) Any other tips, supplemetns, foods or otherwise?

Thanks a lot!

I am resurrecting this old post as I find myself in this exact situation today. Any help is appreciated. Only one dose and I am not feeling well. Help is appreciated.

RawEel

I am having the same issue. The nausea exactly. Have you gotten any answers?

tankasnowgod

Over the past year, I have used Doxy a few times. I have used tetracycline in the past, with good results. If I remember correctly, the first few times I took doxy, I felt weird. Don't think there was any GI issues, but it made me feel like I was worried about that. Personally, it seemed to subside after a few doses (I was taking them sporadically).

One week, I decided to do higher level dosing to try and cleanse the gut. I took 100mg Doxy and 250mg amoxicillin in the morning and night for 7-14 days (don't remember exactly how long). Overall, I did notice improvements in digestion and overall feeling during that time. So my experience would suggest that 200mg a day is not excessive. But it might feel like that at first.

I have been supplementing Vitamin K2 for years, so that is a no brainer for me, whether I am taking an antibiotic or not.

I just had some liver for the first time in over a month this week, and the difference was noticeable. I got a B complex after that, and I feel like some parts of me have been "switched back on," since taking it (only two days). I think I may have been low in Bs in general, don't know if that's at all related to antibiotics (was feeling washed out before that doxy cycle), but B complex should be a good addition. Some B vitamins are a bit antibiotic and/or have positive effects on gut bacteria, and they are also TLR4 antagonists, so they should be good additions no matter what.

When taking antibiotics, I notice that a couple spoonfuls of activated charcoal really help after a week on. Carrot and other antibiotic vegetables probably really good too.

B Vitamins and Saturated Fats should also have a positive effect on gut bacteria, and an overall antibiotic effect. Coconut oil is really good, of course, but additional Stearic Acid could also be beneficial.

And lastly, I like to take about 200-300 mg of Flowers of Sulfur while taking an antibiotic for the anti-fungal effect. I take it for 3 days, as Peat suggested in this clip. If I were doing 20 days of doxy, I might do 3 days of sulfur 2-3 times over that period (for a total of 6-9 days)-

I think Haidut mentioned that niacinamide and Methylene Blue also have antifungal effects.

Overall, doxy is pretty good, although I think I might prefer tetracycline.

RawEel

Over the past year, I have used Doxy a few times. I have used tetracycline in the past, with good results. If I remember correctly, the first few times I took doxy, I felt weird. Don't think there was any GI issues, but it made me feel like I was worried about that. Personally, it seemed to subside after a few doses (I was taking them sporadically).

One week, I decided to do higher level dosing to try and cleanse the gut. I took 100mg Doxy and 250mg amoxicillin in the morning and night for 7-14 days (don't remember exactly how long). Overall, I did notice improvements in digestion and overall feeling during that time. So my experience would suggest that 200mg a day is not excessive. But it might feel like that at first.

I have been supplementing Vitamin K2 for years, so that is a no brainer for me, whether I am taking an antibiotic or not.

I just had some liver for the first time in over a month this week, and the difference was noticeable. I got a B complex after that, and I feel like some parts of me have been "switched back on," since taking it (only two days). I think I may have been low in Bs in general, don't know if that's at all related to antibiotics (was feeling washed out before that doxy cycle), but B complex should be a good addition. Some B vitamins are a bit antibiotic and/or have positive effects on gut bacteria, and they are also TLR4 antagonists, so they should be good additions no matter what.

When taking antibiotics, I notice that a couple spoonfuls of activated charcoal really help after a week on. Carrot and other antibiotic vegetables probably really good too.

B Vitamins and Saturated Fats should also have a positive effect on gut bacteria, and an overall antibiotic effect. Coconut oil is really good, of course, but additional Stearic Acid could also be beneficial.

And lastly, I like to take about 200-300 mg of Flowers of Sulfur while taking an antibiotic for the anti-fungal effect. I take it for 3 days, as Peat suggested in this clip. If I were doing 20 days of doxy, I might do 3 days of sulfur 2-3 times over that period (for a total of 6-9 days)-

I think Haidut mentioned that niacinamide and Methylene Blue also have antifungal effects.

Overall, doxy is pretty good, although I think I might prefer tetracycline.

This is amazing!!! Thank you so much!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals