2 Weeks of Rifaximin/Neomycin Did Nothing to Cull My Methane Dominant Sibo.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

I think that this thread started by Haidut about thiamine and cancer is important information: Thiamine Treats Cancer In Humans, Its Deficiency May Cause Cancer

Having been stuck in Warburg's Cancer Metabolism for several months and having been able to resolve the problem via high dose thiamine, I think that I probably should simply keep taking the high dose that has helped me so much.
Righteous.
I think the RP diet leads to thiamine deficiency if you aren't supping it or cheating and eating rice husks or eating alot of pork or whatever. High sugar drains B1.

mostlylurking

Righteous.
I think the RP diet leads to thiamine deficiency if you aren't supping it or cheating and eating rice husks or eating alot of pork or whatever. High sugar drains B1.
Yep. However, Peat himself does not recommend the amount of sugar lauded on this forum. He recommends a quart of orange juice and he says that if you have more sugar than that you need to supplement with thiamine. People tend to ignore what Ray Peat himself actually says.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Yep. However, Peat himself does not recommend the amount of sugar lauded on this forum. He recommends a quart of orange juice and he says that if you have more sugar than that you need to supplement with thiamine. People tend to ignore what Ray Peat himself actually says.
ya dude am finding that out the hard way.

Jing

I don't know. Possibly. I feel better than I have in about a year. My energy level is greatly improved and my inflammation is way down. Autonomic nervous system issues have resolved that have plagued me for 20 years. I'd like to keep the improvement.
After starting 2 grams b1 how long did it take you to notice a difference?

mostlylurking

After starting 2 grams b1 how long did it take you to notice a difference?
My digestive tract massively improved within 2 days. It was pretty amazing. Keep in mind that for the preceding month I had been taking 1200 to 1500 mg thiamine hcl daily.

Jing

My digestive tract massively improved within 2 days. It was pretty amazing. Keep in mind that for the preceding month I had been taking 1200 to 1500 mg thiamine hcl daily.
Ok thanks, so assume if 2 grams daily after like 2 weeks does nothing probably don't have thiamine deficiency? Or maybe more is need 5 grams lol?

mostlylurking

Ok thanks, so assume if 2 grams daily after like 2 weeks does nothing probably don't have thiamine deficiency? Or maybe more is need 5 grams lol?
According to Dr. Derrick Lonsdale and Dr. Chandler Marrs, some people take months (like 6-12) before they respond. I think it is important to read up on thiamine (Dr. Costantini, Dr. Derrick Lonsdale, Dr. Chandler Marrs, Elliot Overton). People's situations are vary. If one kind of thiamine (hcl for example) doesn't work for you, you could try another (like TTFD). You might have a problem getting the thiamine into the cells so TTFD might work better for you.

When I tried 2.5 grams of thiamine hcl, I got negative side effects. When I went to bed that night I got shooting electrical zapping pains in my thighs, a known symptom of having taken too much. So I backed off my dosage back to 2 grams.

Here is a good video that talks about testing about 5-6 minutes in:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG3m3tbEGU0

I found this video of interest: Dr. Lonsdale is 96; he was a pediatrician at the Cleveland Clinic. He used high dose thiamine to save lives there.

View: https://vimeo.com/408207634

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Pretty sure the thiamine or can of coconut water a day (potassium) is what stopped all my heart palps.
That doesn't exactly help with the inability to fall asleep without lunesta or the bloating or the (seemingly incurable) methane sibo.

Ugh. How did it come to this?

Jing

According to Dr. Derrick Lonsdale and Dr. Chandler Marrs, some people take months (like 6-12) before they respond. I think it is important to read up on thiamine (Dr. Costantini, Dr. Derrick Lonsdale, Dr. Chandler Marrs, Elliot Overton). People's situations are vary. If one kind of thiamine (hcl for example) doesn't work for you, you could try another (like TTFD). You might have a problem getting the thiamine into the cells so TTFD might work better for you.

When I tried 2.5 grams of thiamine hcl, I got negative side effects. When I went to bed that night I got shooting electrical zapping pains in my thighs, a known symptom of having taken too much. So I backed off my dosage back to 2 grams.

Here is a good video that talks about testing about 5-6 minutes in:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG3m3tbEGU0

I found this video of interest: Dr. Lonsdale is 96; he was a pediatrician at the Cleveland Clinic. He used high dose thiamine to save lives there.

View: https://vimeo.com/408207634

I want to try ttfd but it's just so expensive and I'm not willing to spend the money considering supplements never seem to work for me.

mostlylurking

I want to try ttfd but it's just so expensive and I'm not willing to spend the money considering supplements never seem to work for me.
If you get the pure stuff thiamax (100mg) Amazon product ASIN B0898T6NX3View: https://www.amazon.com/Objective-Nutrients-Thiamax-Thiamine-Capsules/dp/B0898T6NX3
, the recommended starting dose is to only take 1/4 of a capsule to begin with. If you look at it that way, it's not so expensive (just currently unavailable from Amazon). I personally couldn't tolerate it so I stuck with thiamine hcl.

Jing

If you get the pure stuff thiamax (100mg) Amazon product ASIN B0898T6NX3View: https://www.amazon.com/Objective-Nutrients-Thiamax-Thiamine-Capsules/dp/B0898T6NX3
, the recommended starting dose is to only take 1/4 of a capsule to begin with. If you look at it that way, it's not so expensive (just currently unavailable from Amazon). I personally couldn't tolerate it so I stuck with thiamine hcl.
I can find that same brand for 30 pounds it Is expensive lol if I knew it would help then yh I'd spend the money

Missenger

Ray was chugging milk and OJ which both have a fair amount of vitamins. The mindset is to deplete stress hormones while keeping the thyroid active to increase metabolic rate without catabolizing your organs in the process.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Ray was chugging milk and OJ which both have a fair amount of vitamins. The mindset is to deplete stress hormones while keeping the thyroid active to increase metabolic rate without catabolizing your organs in the process.
Ray says that if you consume more sugar than what is in a quart of orange juice you will probably need to supplement thiamine. Thiamine gets used up via processing glucose to make ATP. If you run out of thiamine, you cannot make ATP. Ray refers to this as "something else is blocking your metabolism".

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom