2 INGREDIENT HOMEMADE ICE CREAM RECIPE

B

Braveheart

Thanks!...love vanilla ice cream sprinkled w cocoa nibs....gotta start making my own because of dubious ingredients in commercial stuff.

Jessie

Looks good, I would prefer a lower fat version of the recipe. However I may make this anyways. Problem is I can't find heavy cream that doesn't have gums in it :(

Lollipop2

Looks good, I would prefer a lower fat version of the recipe. However I may make this anyways. Problem is I can't find heavy cream that doesn't have gums in it :(
Are you in the US? There are several brands. Look for whipping cream also called heavy cream. Both are the same.

Jessie

Are you in the US? There are several brands. Look for whipping cream also called heavy cream. Both are the same.
Yeah I am. There's probably something available that I just haven't found yet. I've been restricting my searches to just organic products, because I'd rather have organic. The brand Horizon is the only one I've been able to find, and it has gum in it. I guess I can look at conventional products too. Honestly it would be such a small contribution to my diet it probably would't matter if I got non-organic.

Lollipop2

Yeah I am. There's probably something available that I just haven't found yet. I've been restricting my searches to just organic products, because I'd rather have organic. The brand Horizon is the only one I've been able to find, and it has gum in it. I guess I can look at conventional products too. Honestly it would be such a small contribution to my diet it probably would't matter if I got non-organic.
Try Kolana brand organic cream, Mill King non-GMO cream, Sierra Nevada out of California . Basically, search for a local small production family farm that has basically an organic cream without the certification. It is a hassle to get organic certification. A lot of small local farms avoid the politics but essentially put out an organic product. I did a search for creams without additives and found some choices and looked at my local Whole Foods and another store like Whole Foods and found several options. I use cream and buttermilk to make my homemade sour cream which I use in enchiladas and tacos. Though high fat, I only use a small amount and it lasts for several weeks.

Jessie

Thanks for the recommendations. I actually know of a farmer near by who sells raw milk and raw butter. If they make butter, they obviously harvest the cream. So I might just drive down there soon and see if he'll sell me some cream.