2 Hour Radio Interview With Ray Peat On Wednesday The 20th

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
http://wmrw.org/

Wednesday February 20th 4pm to 6pm Join us for a live call in show with renown science historian and Physiologist Dr. Raymond Peat

John said:
As part of our WMRW.org 2013 fundraising specials, I'm hosting a 2 hour call-in show with Dr. Ray Peat on Wednesday February 20th from 4 to 6PM Eastern Standard Time, (9 to 11PM GMT). This, and all our shows, can be streamed at wmrw.org, once there click on 'listen live'. Also you can stream wmrw on your mobile smartphone or computer by browsing to tunein.com and searching for wmrw.
Due to the fact that WMRW is a very low budget (about $12,000/year) all volunteer community station, and can only afford one phone line, We'll be doing the interview using Skype conference calling, using my personal Skype account. So if you want to call in with a question and have a Skype account, my Skype name is johnbarkhausen, or if you want to call in via phone, call my Skype number 802-526-2326. If there's someone already on the line asking a question I won't pick up until they're finished, so if you can wait to call until the line is free, that would be best.
Alternatively if you are unable to call, you can email me questions before and during the show. Send them to, [email protected] and I'll do my best to ask your question for you.
It's not mandatory to donate to participate in the show, but if you're inclined to support the type of station that airs Ray Peat and other non-dogmatic scientists regularly, please go to wmrw.org and click the pig, to make a credit card or paypal donation. As a token of our gratitude, I'll be raffling off a years subscription to Ray Peat's Newletter on the 24th of February (the culmination of our fundraiser), drawing from the names of all those who called or emailed in a question, and/or made a donation to wmrw.org before, during or after this interview. If you donate, please put the name 'Ray Peat' in the message/memo field, to be entered in the raffle.
Thanks!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: 2 Hour Radio Interview With Ray Peat On Wednesday The 20

I don't see any archives for this station. Hopefully someone can record it for the community? Kiran? Or, if someone can tell me how to do it I will try and see if I can make myself available tomorrow at that time.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

kiran, I downloaded and installed vlc. Some quick instructions on how to record would definitely save me some time.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Ok got it playing in vlc with the stream url above. Just need to figure out how to record.

I will be heading to bed soon so will pick this back up in the morning. Thanks Kiran!

narouz

Thanks for the heads-up! :)

kiran

What you need to do is to go to the Media menu (top left), and click on "Convert / Save..."

Then you can paste in the stream into the Network tab, then click on Convert / Save at the bottom

Then you'll get another dialog box where you can put in the Destination file, check Display the output box if you want to listen to it at the same time, and choose the appropriate file format.

I was thinking of choosing "Video - WMV + WMA (ASF)" to minimize conversion losses.
Click Start and off we go.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Kiran, I think I got it.

By default, you cannot hear the output. When you hover over that option, it says it slows it down if utilized. Do you listen to the output while recording?

BTW, I think the stream might change for every show. However, I am not 100% about that. You have to pull the URL of the stream off the HTML on the player page.

Kiran, I appreciate the help on this.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

55 minutes till show starts.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Show has started.

J

j.

I just heard RP say "I haven't heard anything from any government official that made sense". I didn't hear the question.

Mephisto

j. said:
I just heard RP say "I haven't heard anything from any government official that made sense". I didn't hear the question.

It was about 9/11

Jellyfish

j. said:
Question about 7 World Trade Center.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Himitsu, welcome to the forum. :welcome

J

j.

himitsu said:
j. said:

It was about 9/11

oh no! :tinfoilhat

Mephisto

Charlie said:
Himitsu, welcome to the forum. :welcome

Thank you! :D

Did anyone catch whose ideas on consciousness Peat was speaking about?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

:holysheep

Attachments

• oh_dear.JPG
    oh_dear.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 710
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Everyone has genes so genetics explains everything.
-Ray Peat

:rolling