• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Mauritio

While researching 6methoxyharmalan I came across a reference from the sixties that said :

"Bromo-lysergic
Acid diethylamide, for example, is a
potent serotonin antagonist, yet has lit-
tle psychotomimetic action."

So it's a strong serotonin antagonist ,like LSD, but it has not been shown to induce hallucinations
Peat said that LSD is anti-serotonin chemical, but that the hallucinations are actually caused by serotonin. So a lack of hallucinations stands for a lack of serotonergic action in 2-bromo-lsd .

From another study:

"lysergic acid diethylamide but not BOL had a highly potent serotonin agonist-like inhibitory action
on serotonergic neurones,.."

"Finally, in biochemical studies, LSD has considerably more potency
in increasing brain 5-HT levels and reducing 5HT
turnover (FREEDMAN, 1961; AND~N, CORRODI, FUXE and HBKFELT, 1968)."

So it seems to be less serotonergic in some ways, but a little less strong at inhibiting it presumably at other 5ht receptors:

"On the other hand, a number of physiological and biochemical studies indicate a greater potencyfor LSD than its 2-bromo derivative."

Here you can see that it's actually a 5ht2a antagonist , as opposed to LSD ,whis is an agonist at that receptor . This is why it has been shown to stop LSDs effect (hallucination) similarly to Lisuride . It seems to have similar effects to lisuride but I'd still be interested in trying it ...

ReceptorKi (nM)SpeciesRef.
5-HT2A=0.48Human8
5-HT2B=8.56Human8
5-HT2C=7.14Human8
5-HT6=17.1Human9
5-HT7=30.0Human9

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I send this stuff to peat let's see what he'll say about it.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Wow, it seems like it will be commercially used in the future for things like major depressive disorder. This is huge! I think we should get our hands on it as long as it is still a research chemical .

"...patent protection of new 2-Bromo-LSD (“TD-0148A”) formulations and their use in the treatment of depression and mood disorders."

haidut

Forum Supporter
While researching 6methoxyharmalan I came across a reference from the sixties that said :

"Bromo-lysergic
Acid diethylamide, for example, is a
potent serotonin antagonist, yet has lit-
tle psychotomimetic action."

So it's a strong serotonin antagonist ,like LSD, but it has not been shown to induce hallucinations
Peat said that LSD is anti-serotonin chemical, but that the hallucinations are actually caused by serotonin. So a lack of hallucinations stands for a lack of serotonergic action in 2-bromo-lsd .

From another study:

"lysergic acid diethylamide but not BOL had a highly potent serotonin agonist-like inhibitory action
on serotonergic neurones,.."

"Finally, in biochemical studies, LSD has considerably more potency
in increasing brain 5-HT levels and reducing 5HT
turnover (FREEDMAN, 1961; AND~N, CORRODI, FUXE and HBKFELT, 1968)."

So it seems to be less serotonergic in some ways, but a little less strong at inhibiting it presumably at other 5ht receptors:

"On the other hand, a number of physiological and biochemical studies indicate a greater potencyfor LSD than its 2-bromo derivative."

Here you can see that it's actually a 5ht2a antagonist , as opposed to LSD ,whis is an agonist at that receptor . This is why it has been shown to stop LSDs effect (hallucination) similarly to Lisuride . It seems to have similar effects to lisuride but I'd still be interested in trying it ...

ReceptorKi (nM)SpeciesRef.
5-HT2A=0.48Human8
5-HT2B=8.56Human8
5-HT2C=7.14Human8
5-HT6=17.1Human9
5-HT7=30.0Human9

Lisuride is the commercial reincarnation of 2-bromo-LSD and it was in fact developed based on those early studies. Lisuride has identical pharmacological profile to 2-bromo-LSD and it also non-hallucinogenic and currently available without prescription. Considering lisuride is also used in microgram doses, there is not much point coming up with even more potent chemicals that have the same pharmacological profile, as the more potent the chemical the harder it is to measure/dose and the greater the propensity for causing side effects.
That being said, lisuride may become controlled/banned soon after the Pfizer trials with lisuride's cousin terguride are complete and Pfizer moves to eliminate competition. So, 2-bromo-LSD may become the lisuride alternative/replacement after that ban.

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Lisuride is the commercial reincarnation of 2-bromo-LSD and it was in fact developed based on those early studies. Lisuride has identical pharmacological profile to 2-bromo-LSD and it also non-hallucinogenic and currently available without prescription. Considering lisuride is also used in microgram doses, there is not much point coming up with even more potent chemicals that have the same pharmacological profile, as the more potent the chemical the harder it is to measure/dose and the greater the propensity for causing side effects.
That being said, lisuride may become controlled/banned soon after the Pfizer trials with lisuride's cousin terguride are complete and Pfizer moves to eliminate competition. So, 2-bromo-LSD may become the lisuride alternative/replacement after that ban.
I figured it would be similar to lisuride .
I still want to give it a shot. Similar chemicals sometimes "feel" pretty different for what ever reason .
Is somebody down for a group buy ?
This is the only vendor I could find .

Broken man

I figured it would be similar to lisuride .
I still want to give it a shot. Similar chemicals sometimes "feel" pretty different for what ever reason .
Is somebody down for a group buy ?
This is the only vendor I could find .
How do you think the "group buy"?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom