18yo weird hairloss and skin condition since 13

Ratatopo

You can read my other 2 threads for context. But what does it mean when you can scratch these sebum plugs off your diffuse thinning scalp and rhat are attached to the hair? I went to a period of telogen effluvium like 2 years ago where I lost hair with white bulbs, but these are yellow and my hair is greasy.

Attachments

• 20220418_091752.jpg
    20220418_091752.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220418_091305.jpg
    20220418_091305.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220408_223450.jpg
    20220408_223450.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 28

Peatful

Here is my hypothesis:

I think that is the hardened bulb from the hair that fell out during TE.
Some of those TE hairs you shed probably didn’t have the bulb attached.

Therefore- this is probably a good sign that there is regrowth coming your way.

The new shaft is pushing out the old hardened bulb which you see on your fingertip.

OP
R

Ratatopo

Here is my hypothesis:

I think that is the hardened bulb from the hair that fell out during TE.
Some of those TE hairs you shed probably didn’t have the bulb attached.

Therefore- this is probably a good sign that there is regrowth coming your way.

The new shaft is pushing out the old hardened bulb which you see on your fingertip.
Thanks, but the thing is my hair has been shedding this bulbs which years ago were fully white, and for like 2 years it's been yellowish and I can also scratch them off my oily scalp

Peatful

Thanks, but the thing is my hair has been shedding this bulbs which years ago were fully white, and for like 2 years it's been yellowish and I can also scratch them off my oily scalp
For me: That data doesn’t change my hypothesis.

Summer

Can confirm that they don’t signal regrowth. If anything, just more inflammation and thinning. I’m trying to figure out the cause myself. Is it safe to assume that you experience this with facial hair as well? Right now I’m leaning towards a P. Acnes overgrowth causing sebum overproduction but I’m not sure.

OP
R

Ratatopo

Can confirm that they don’t signal regrowth. If anything, just more inflammation and thinning. I’m trying to figure out the cause myself. Is it safe to assume that you experience this with facial hair as well? Right now I’m leaning towards a P. Acnes overgrowth causing sebum overproduction but I’m not sure.
Maybe not so extreme on facial hair, but the root on my eyelashes when they fall are white, and first thing in the morning I can see buildup sebum yelowish on my eyelashes and eyebrows, I produce a ton of sebum on my face, scalp and back, I have back acne too which got worse as the scalp got worse.

OP
R

Ratatopo

Yeah and I don't believe this is signaling regrowth, for a few a year I had a job that required direct sunlight for at least 1 hours a day on my scalp (at that point I didn't know about peating and was eating pufa like crazy) and my hair got less greasy and was thicker I believe. I experimented with sunlight for like 2 weeks now but I stopped because my skin got so much darker, I don't burn at all but my family was saying it looks terrible blabla, any tips on not tanning so much?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals