18 Year Old With Chronic Fatigue

Yeah pretty much same for me. There have been times where i ate even less than 1000cals. At the time i didn't realize how bad it was.

I think some people can handle the stress of it, but I was exhibiting symptoms of estrogen dominance, hormonal issues, and hypothyroidism by the time I was 13 or 14. I will agree with those on this thread urging you to eat more than 1800 kcal to heal yourself!

OP
Amber

Amber

I think some people can handle the stress of it, but I was exhibiting symptoms of estrogen dominance, hormonal issues, and hypothyroidism by the time I was 13 or 14. I will agree with those on this thread urging you to eat more than 1800 kcal to heal yourself!

Thanks for the concern. You're right. Way too young for all of this.

OP
Amber

Amber

I am curious about the liver enzymes. Did maybe the dieting and weight loss cause gallstones?

Im not sure. I maybe thought i had a fatty liver because at that time i also had some ... which im pretty sure is related to insulin resistance but that would be pretty weird since i exercised a lot and ate enough protein. Maybe too much fat in my diet at the time. Also, hypothyroidism i think can cause elevated liver enzymes.

[tara: content removed at member's request]

Last edited by a moderator:

HLP

You are me, 40 years ago. Glad you found Ray! I didn't find help that straightened me out until living with it until I was in my mid fifties. Ouch. My exhaustion prevented me from living a normal life. All I could think about was, were to find a place to sleep or rest...no matter where I was. I have a severe case of potty mouth, but try to focus on the positive things it did for me. I never gave up and feel very empowered now that I've conquered it with help from Ray and his side kick Lita Lee. Once you are doing the right thing, it should only take a few months to get yourself back on track. Thyroid was definitely a huge issue for me and my labs always indicated I was "normal". Ha. Enough salt, sugar, dairy, shrimp, liver, seedless fruits and roots are the way to help yourself for sure. Do you sleep well?
I have found Pepcid (which according to Haidut, is supposed to increase CO2 levels) actually promotes better sleep. I take 10-20mg before bed, otherwise it makes me sleepy during the day. Wild lettuce is incredible for relaxation. Be very careful with too much cardio, it will set you back. I have been there and done that and it prevented me from healing. Strength training is fine but don't over do it. Your body needs the energy for healing.

OP
Amber

Amber

You are me, 40 years ago. Glad you found Ray! I didn't find help that straightened me out until living with it until I was in my mid fifties. Ouch. My exhaustion prevented me from living a normal life. All I could think about was, were to find a place to sleep or rest...no matter where I was. I have a severe case of potty mouth, but try to focus on the positive things it did for me. I never gave up and feel very empowered now that I've conquered it with help from Ray and his side kick Lita Lee. Once you are doing the right thing, it should only take a few months to get yourself back on track. Thyroid was definitely a huge issue for me and my labs always indicated I was "normal". Ha. Enough salt, sugar, dairy, shrimp, liver, seedless fruits and roots are the way to help yourself for sure. Do you sleep well?
I have found Pepcid (which according to Haidut, is supposed to increase CO2 levels) actually promotes better sleep. I take 10-20mg before bed, otherwise it makes me sleepy during the day. Wild lettuce is incredible for relaxation. Be very careful with too much cardio, it will set you back. I have been there and done that and it prevented me from healing. Strength training is fine but don't over do it. Your body needs the energy for healing.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Right now i ... twice a week, ... and thats all the cardio i do. The thing you said about always thinking about a place to rest sounds exactly like me.

HLP

Be careful not to drink too much water. That was one of my biggest mistakes.

HLP

I am 5'7" and weigh 158 lbs. I am 60 this year and workout at least 4 times per week, but mostly strength and muscle toning. Try not to focus too much on weight as opposed to feeling well. Keep a good sleep schedule. I use white noise to prevent any accidental awakening in the middle of the night. Manage your fluid consumption so that you don't have to pee in the middle of the night, ever. It would help if you could provide a bit more information about what isn't working right with your body. Sleep, bowels and skin to mention a few.

Last edited:
OP
Amber

Amber

I am 5'7" and weigh 158 lbs. I am 60this year and workout at least 4 times per week, but mostly strength and muscle toning. Try not to focus too much on weight as opposed to feeling well. Keep a good sleep schedule. I use white noise to prevent any accidental awakening in the middle of the night. Manage your fluid consumption so that you don't have to pee in the middle of the night, ever. It would help if you could provide a bit more information about what isn't working right with your body. Sleep, bowels and skin to mention a few.

The main things for me right now are

- I got acne on my upper back/shoulder area. I noticed it gets worse when i drink more milk/eat more diary and eat more calcium in general so i try to not get over 1000MG of calcium daily. When i eat too much calcium (1500MG~) i get hot flashes and start sweating really bad all day.

- obviously fatigue is a big issue. I try to maintain a sleep schedule which is going to bed at 11 and getting up at 9. When i wake up in the morning i still feel very tired.

- muscle cramps in my calves and thighs. It gets worse when i eat a lot of potassium and it goes away when i supplement the right amount of magnesium. I say right amount because when i supplement more than 150MG ~ in a meal, i start swelling all over and my stomach gets very bloated. I think its my blood pressure dropping from unabsorbed magnesium and my bp is on the low side already, 100/60 something. Also the magnesium causes swelling in my feet and legs and pretty much all over my body. Gets very puffy but only happens when i supplement 'too much'. Very confused about this and never heard of it before.

- shortness of breath. I get very short of breath when excersing and when i feel like that my stamine goes away too. ...

- hair. I suffered from hair loss on my head for a long time but its getting a little better right now. Also got a lot of hair on places i shouldn't which i know is a sign of estrogen dominance. Very hairy eyebrows, upperlip and sides of face. Used a laser to get rid of it (done by a professional) have to shave every other day right now which bothers me during the summer because its a lot of work!

- pain and sensitive skin. My skin is very sensitive and i can't stand being touched/getting a massage.

- light and noise sensivity. Gets a lot worse with more milk/calcium. Sign of magnesium/potassium deficiency i think.

- headaches and excessive sweating. ... mine started after my surgery. The excessive sweating happens to me too and gets worse when feeling stressed. Btw, my mom used to supplement vitamin c daily ... before she got pregnant with me and she had done that for years. I know vit c depletes magnesium which i think is all connected to the excessive sweating and headaches.

- anxiety. Got a lot of anxiety when i know i have to do something that takes a lot of energy.

- constant nasal congestion only relieved by magnesium.

- when oversupplementing magnesium, i start peeing a lot less which even goes down to not peeing all day. Its weird.

- cold hands, sometimes feet and nose.

I think these are the main things right now. Im pretty sure im estrogen dominant ....
... i suffer more from excessive sweating and headaches ...

HLP

My blood pressure was also very low, 90/60 sometimes worse. Get more white sea salt. Shortness of breath too. Make sure you practice good breathing habits. Keep your mouth closed and don't allow sighing and yawning. This makes fatigue worse. Puffiness is probably heart/kidney related and is only a side effect of a deeper issue with your thyroid. The acne will go away with the right amount of thyroid so you might want to get your T4 checked as well. IMO headaches are using attached to an over acid condition of the body. I'd definitely try some regular Pepcid. I think Costco may even sell a Kirkland brand of Famotidine. Clean your nostrils with coconut oil every morning and before bed. Nibble on something sweet and salty to keep your body (hands, feet and nose) temps stable during the day. Anxiety responds well to slow, shallow breathing, not deep breathing. Opposite to most advice. Even if you are tired, it would benefit you to go for a long, slow walk while concentrating on very little breathing....especially if this gets you away from negative, grouchy people. Of course try to do the best you can to keep your own poop in a pile, so to speak. This way others will have less to complain about. Go out of your way when you can to do little things to make your family members happy but don't expect anything back for this. It will be a bonus if a compliment comes your way. Anything to lift the mood is good. Remember, what goes around comes around and sometimes you have to be the bigger person to initiate good stuff. Out of curiosity, how much water do you drink?

OP
Amber

Amber

My blood pressure was also very low, 90/60 sometimes worse. Get more white sea salt. Shortness of breath too. Make sure you practice good breathing habits. Keep your mouth closed and don't allow sighing and yawning. This makes fatigue worse. Puffiness is probably heart/kidney related and is only a side effect of a deeper issue with your thyroid. The acne will go away with the right amount of thyroid so you might want to get your T4 checked as well. IMO headaches are using attached to an over acid condition of the body. I'd definitely try some regular Pepcid. I think Costco may even sell a Kirkland brand of Famotidine. Clean your nostrils with coconut oil every morning and before bed. Nibble on something sweet and salty to keep your body (hands, feet and nose) temps stable during the day. Anxiety responds well to slow, shallow breathing, not deep breathing. Opposite to most advice. Even if you are tired, it would benefit you to go for a long, slow walk while concentrating on very little breathing....especially if this gets you away from negative, grouchy people. Of course try to do the best you can to keep your own poop in a pile, so to speak. This way others will have less to complain about. Go out of your way when you can to do little things to make your family members happy but don't expect anything back for this. It will be a bonus if a compliment comes your way. Anything to lift the mood is good. Remember, what goes around comes around and sometimes you have to be the bigger person to initiate good stuff. Out of curiosity, how much water do you drink?

I don't really drink water anymore, only when thirsty which i almost never am.

I go for a walk twice a day with my dogs (about 20 minutes each) just to get some sun and fresh air in. I will try the breathing out.

How do you feel about starch? Is it ok? Because it would be a lot easier to eat some starch daily to fill in calories.

also, is it ok to sleep when you start feeling tired during the day or would that just mess you up more?

HLP

I also noticed that Haidut mentioned an Endotoxin (LPS) as a possible reason for chronic fatigue. The good news is that the remedy is much the same with the addition of Charcoal (which didn't factor in in my recovery), K2, Vitamin E (I'd pick up some Progest E to oppose the high Estrogen) Low Vitamin A and D could also be an issue for the acne. I use A-Mulsion by Genestra brand. One drop daily. Vitamin D depending on where you live. Up here in the far north I totally rely on Vitamin D supplements to get me through the winter. 5000-10000 IU per day.

HLP

Only potatoes for starch. Boulder sells a coconut oil potato chip for a treat. Sugar is better fuel than starch. Try not to sleep but rest and relax instead during the day. Take some time to practice breathing where you exhale and wait to inhale a few seconds and repeat this for a while. Ya, CFS doctors unless they are Peatarians likely won't help much. I'm inclined not to trust labs too much. Try to get some Thyroid glandular as this will take care of both T4 and T3 to some degree. Try increasing slightly to see if you feel better. Often the patient is the one who determines the best dose, don't allow them to make you a "number". You have to do the fine tuning. Cyporheptatdine could help with any depression you may be experiencing as per Haidut. The depression is only a symptom related to a deeper physical issue. I had the same thing. Once I got on the right track all my symptoms completely disappeared and did not come back.

OP
Amber

Amber

I tried progesterone by Dr Lee which made me worse

About the starch, white rice/bread not ok?

HLP

You are too sick for them right now. We want to improve your energy levels so that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

HLP

I'd revisit Progesterone on a smaller scale. Now that you are here and doing things a bit different. Do you have any left?

OP
Amber

Amber

Yeah i got progesterone creme at home, almost full bottle

HLP

Less is more. But I'd give it a whirl. Also, if you are in the US, you have access to Pregnenolone which is great for anxiety and stress. Wish I could get it in Canada because my supply is running low.

OP
Amber

Amber

I am from Europe so i don't think i can get that around here. I will however try the progesterone cream and base my diet around sugar and little to no starch. I was wondering what your opinion on Potassium is. Say if i eat 350 grams of carbs a day, would i have to up my potassium intake? It's around 3 grams right now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals