18 year old male - need to build muscle

Orestis

I'm 6'4, with an ectomorph build. I'm only 170lbs with high body fat, after I finished my first bulk. I have the following questions:
-what supplements/compounds should I take to lose the fat I gained?
-what kind of diet should I follow to gain more muscle?
-what lab tests should I do to find out if I have any problems or if I can improve my physiological markers?

exile

I think the skinny fat body type is often high cortisol. I would look at testosterone, Pregnenolone, dhea, cortisol, estradiol and estrone and vitamin d3. I was skinny fat for quite a while and eating like Ray really helped put on weight. As Vince Girdonda said bodybuilding is 85% nutrition and 15% lifting. I think if your hormone levels are in check and nutrition is good you really don’t need that much lifting to have good muscle mass. Over training can increase cortisol which in turn could make problems worse.

TobyBjorn

I like using myfitnesspal to track my calories and slowly lose bodyfat. I don’t recommend any cutting drugs or supplements, but physiological doses of thyroid help a lot if you are hypo.
don’t eat any food that causes discomfort, indigestion or diarrhea, etc.

Chad_Catholic

Low PUFA fat, high carbs, quick carbs like sugar and honey, I like the taste of 0% milk sweetened with sugar and a half-teaspoon of coconut oil and I'll have like 6 full glasses of that a day, an egg or two a day, orange juice sweetened with sugar, shrimp or oysters a few times a week, beef liver once a week or every other, coffee with a ton of sugar as much as you can tolerate throughout the day without affecting your sleep. Experiment with taurine, too
When you workout, lift heavy and try to keep your breathing rate down

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals