18 Month Old Vegan Baby Dies Of Malnutrition

bk_

Sheila and Ryan O’Leary told investigators that the vegan family only eats fruit, vegetables and raw foods, such as mangoes, rambutans, bananas and avocados, according to the News-Press. The parents supplemented the toddler’s diet with breast milk.

The paramedics who responded to a 911 call later that day pronounced the boy dead at the home in Cape Coral, Fla.; he weighed 17 pounds when he died, according to police reports, significantly under the average weight for a child his age...

...the medical examiner’s office released its autopsy findings: the cause of death was malnutrition and complications, including dehydration, microsteatosis of the liver, and swollen hands, feet and lower legs.

The O’Learys have two other children together, ages 3 and 5, whom police saw at their residence in September. One had blackened and decaying teeth, the News-Press reported, at both were extremely malnourished, weighing under the third percentile for their age groups.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...-parents-have-been-charged-with-manslaughter/

Runenight201

If a vegan diet is insufficient for the nourishment of children than should it carry over that it’s also insufficient for the nourishment of a fully grown adult?

To grow mentally, brains cells have to form new connections. This requires physical processes that are connected with growth. The child grows from every physical system, while the adult’s skeletal system is haltered. Nevertheless, we all want the brain to continue to grow, for how else can we continue to gain intelligence and knowledge of the world. I wouldn’t halter that development for any ideological crusade. It’s literally retarding.

When I’m undernourished it’s impossible for me to learn anything new, and my thoughts strictly tend towards egotistical survivalist tendencies. When I’m well-nourished, which undoubtedly takes animal products, the world becomes irresistibly stimulating.

I heard about this on youtube. Really sad.

redsun

If a vegan diet is insufficient for the nourishment of children than should it carry over that it’s also insufficient for the nourishment of a fully grown adult?

Of course it is insufficient for an adult. The brain is made up of mostly protein and fat, cholesterol. It uses amino acids and other raw materials as neurotransmitters. Without these basic animal derived nutrients it doesn't matter if you provide glucose to the brain (which is its preferred fuel source), it wont function optimally. The brain isn't truly growing in an adult but it has to constantly replace the structual components as is the case with every other part of the body.

boris

Victims of brainwashing.

The comments under vegan youtube videos are shocking to say the least. Veganism per se isn't necessarily bad (as Peat said finding the right combination of fruit could at least provide a complete amino acid profile), but the current approach is absolutely dangerous.

Runenight201

Of course it is insufficient for an adult. The brain is made up of mostly protein and fat, cholesterol. It uses amino acids and other raw materials as neurotransmitters. Without these basic animal derived nutrients it doesn't matter if you provide glucose to the brain (which is its preferred fuel source), it wont function optimally. The brain isn't truly growing in an adult but it has to constantly replace the structual components as is the case with every other part of the body.

But you can get the same amino acids, proteins, and fats from plant derived sources. There’s no need to consume animals to get those nutrients.

My last message was made from a devils advocate point of view, mainly to see what your answer to this common vegan response is. In regards to the brain, I would say it does continue to grow in adulthood. In the ever so commented theme of New York taxi cab drivers and their brain, it appears that their hippocampus’ were more developed relative to the average adult, showing increased brain growth solely due to the nature of their everyday work. Would you not say this is brain growth?

Last edited:

redsun

But you can get the same amino acids, proteins, and fats from plant derived sources. There’s no need to consume animals to get those nutrients.

My last message was made from a devils advocate point of view, mainly to see what your answer to this common vegan response is. In regards to the brain, I would say it does continue to grow in adulthood. In the ever so commented theme of New York taxi cab drivers and their brain, it appears that their hippocampus’ were more developed relative to the average adult, showing increased brain growth solely due to the nature of their everyday work. Would you not say this is brain growth?

You can't though. Vegans will swear up and down over and over again you can get everything from plants when reality says otherwise. If that was the case we would not have dead vegan children, or all these sickly vegans that you can easily find on youtube. Vegan classmate of mine that I work with has only recently went vegan (few months) and his language/behavior/attitude has become more violent and obnoxious as the semester went on. Clearly coincidental.

The best images are when you find the ones that have been doing it for a very long time and look and sound incredibly ill/anemic or you find the ones (usually women but some male vegans as well) that appear to have nerve damage or mental illness that is very obvious.

Of course the brain can also adapt and make new connections. Did the hippocampus grow like in the literal sense? That's what I meant.

Last edited:

Dobbler

Vegan protein sources are incredible estrogenic , like soy, lentils, legumes , all very strong phytoestrogens so you are basicly ingesting estrogen . Not to mention very hard / indigestible and less than optimal amino acid balance

boris

The best images are when you find the ones that have been doing it for a very long time and look and sound incredibly ill/anemic or you find the ones (usually women but some male vegans as well) that appear to have nerve damage or mental illness that is very obvious.

One of the "leaders" of raw veganism movement.

quote-wheatgrass-juice-is-the-nectar-of-rejuvenation-the-plasma-of-youth-the-blood-of-all-viktoras-kulvinskas-67-28-46.jpg

Around 1998:
QGeknfq.gif

Less than 20 years later:
Ks758Mw.gif

He's younger than Peat. I have to say his skin and hair looks good. But his mental ability seems to have declined.

Runenight201

You can't though. Vegans will swear up and down over and over again you can get everything from plants when reality says otherwise. If that was the case we would not have dead vegan children, or all these sickly vegans that you can easily find on youtube. Vegan classmate of mine that I work with has only recently went vegan (few months) and his language/behavior/attitude has become more violent and obnoxious as the semester went on. Clearly coincidental.

Of course the brain can also adapt and make new connections. Did the hippocampus grow like in the literal sense? That's what I meant.

Vegan protein sources are incredible estrogenic , like soy, lentils, legumes , all very strong phytoestrogens so you are basicly ingesting estrogen . Not to mention very hard / indigestible and less than optimal amino acid balance

Yea I was looking for a scientific argument compared to an observational logic one Redsun, not that the latter should be discounted, but that many would dismiss it as weak or a vegan diet done incorrectly. Something along the lines of the amino acids, proteins, and fats aren’t absorbed properly, cause digestive discomfort, etc...

From Scientific America Cache Cab: Taxi Drivers' Brains Grow to Navigate London's Streets

It appears that there is literal growth in the posterior region of the hippocampus associated with spatial memory verified by MRI scans over a 4 year period of Trainee London Taxi Cab Drivers. This same growth is not found in those who failed the training, which would make sense, since they did not adapt successfully to pass. It does appear that the anterior region seems to have shrunken in response to this growth in the posterior region. While the author of the study concludes that it is because of some type of trade-off, I would argue that it's just from lack of use. If I were to train my chest every day, and never work my back, of course my chest will become bigger and stronger, while my back atrophies. Any good workout regimen is holistic and comprehensive, and I would correlate the same thing over to brain development. Specializing will result in faster growth and more impressive results, but only at the expense of other areas of human abilities.

My take from this is that the body is always capable of growing with the correct stimulation and support. If we are to believe Peat, he even grew his skeletal system by 2 inches in adulthood, so even the harder case of skeletal growth is potentially possible.

Barring cases of severe prenatal retardation, whatever is humanly possible is capable by anyone should they choose to dedicate sufficient time to it in an environment of appropriate complexity and nutritional support.

CLASH

The first part of this statement is true, you can get most of the same amino acids, proteins and fats from plants. Theres more to nutrition than proteins, amino acids and fats tho and in those other areas you cannot get a few of those things from plants only.
1) the next question is can you get enough of these required nutrients from plants to support optimal health? My answer: no.
2) are these things optimally digested and absorbed, especially compared to some animal products? my answer: no
3) Do these things come with other problematic compounds and issues? My answer: yes.
4) Has any population ever lived purely on a plant diet? my answer: no.
5) How were the populations that lived largely on plant diets? my answer: weaker and in poorer health than the groups that had a larger proportion of animal products up to a point.
6) How do current day vegans look over the long term? My answer: like sh*t mostly.

The second part of the statement is blatantly false. See all the points above.

There are no valid arguments for veganism from an optimal health standpoint.

Last edited:
I'd rather be a regular SAD eater than a vegan SAD eater, but "Peaty" vegan diet is my favorite. Also low calorie raw space cadet vegan diet not good.

Plenty of threads about this stuff here by the way.

GutFeeling

quote-wheatgrass-juice-is-the-nectar-of-rejuvenation-the-plasma-of-youth-the-blood-of-all-viktoras-kulvinskas-67-28-46.jpg

Around 1998:
QGeknfq.gif

Ks758Mw.gif

He's younger than Peat. I have to say his skin and hair looks good. But his mental ability seems to have declined.

His bones are protuding and robust, since his face is mostly bones the collagen reaper wont do much

Around 1998:
QGeknfq.gif

Ks758Mw.gif

This was the guy whose name was on the diary of a woman who died of malnutrition. On an interview, Viktoras said that at least she detoxified before dying. The guy is completely nuts!

Creatine is absent in plant foods. And ther are studies showing that people who don't eat meat have lower creatine levels. So you can't really get the same nutrients of meat from a plant- based diet. Carnosine and carnitine are also lacking.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom