17 YEAR OLD -- NEED to restore health/libido etc

Vins7

Spot on.

@AndrogenicJB The cyclical calorie thing is good in theory, but IMO it could lead to more orthorexia in practice.

You might just want to keep cals approximately the same from day to day and instead focus on raising calories from week to week. Maybe something like this:

Week 1: 2800/day
Week 2: 2900/day
Week 3: 3000/day
...and so on and so forth until you've hit 4,000+

Also, dude! You're 17. Please don't undereat. Once you hit 4,000 cals/day or so never look back! A lot of guys, myself included, keep growing taller til their mid 20s. Not to mention skeletal changes via growth plates. If you skimp on calories now it could severely limit your development in the long run.

Your current status at 9% bodyfat is also likely causing some of your libido issues. 10-15% might be a better range to shoot for.

If you find foods and macro ratios that work for you, you should be able to stay in this range even while eating way more.

Best of luck brother!
But how can you get so many calories without being bloated and endotoxins?
It's really difficult for me consuming just 2000 or 2500 calories without being bloated.

What foods do you eat mainly?

redsun

It's really difficult for me consuming just 2000 or 2500 calories without being bloated.

Fatty meat and easy to digest starches like white rice Eggs... scrambled or otherwise light cooking methods like soft-boiling. Full fat dairy if you can do dairy. Add fat to your starches. Dark xhocolate is good calories.

Korven

Do you have any issues with your gallbladder/bile flow? Any signs of fat malabsorption? Any nausea? If you eat a meal of say fatty beef with white rice and olive oil, and lay down around 40 minutes afterwards and put your hand under your right ribcage, can you feel your gallbladder contracting and squirting bile?

Bloating, not being able to tolerate normal/high calories and feeling "endotoxic" can be caused by poor bile flow.

CiggyTardust

Do you have any issues with your gallbladder/bile flow? Any signs of fat malabsorption? Any nausea? If you eat a meal of say fatty beef with white rice and olive oil, and lay down around 40 minutes afterwards and put your hand under your right ribcage, can you feel your gallbladder contracting and squirting bile?

Bloating, not being able to tolerate normal/high calories and feeling "endotoxic" can be caused by poor bile flow.
I deal with bloating and have a hard time eating lots of calories as well. How can poor bile flow be rectified? Digestive bitters?

Korven

I deal with bloating and have a hard time eating lots of calories as well. How can poor bile flow be rectified? Digestive bitters?

It's a difficult problem to solve... the usual recommendations of TUDCA, bitters, antimicrobials to clear out SIBO, etc, did not help me very much.

My theory is that poor bile flow is a situation analogous to what happens during GERD. The bile is supposed to run one direction (getting dumped into your duodenum) but hypothyrodism/cold body temp and inflammation is making it go the other way, back up the bile ducts and the blood, or just staying stuck in the liver and gallbladder. Thyroid supplementation can help break this vicious circle, as well as consuming only warm cooked foods and warm drinks to heat up the digestive apparatus and body.

Keeping the bile thin and moving is also important. Drinking TONS of hot water between meals and switching to more MUFA-rich fats like beef and oilve oil (these 2 seem great for promoting bile flow) have been massively helpful for me. Dairy fat can be problematic for some individuals. Excessive fermentation in the colon from eating too much of the wrong fiber (beans!) and/or dysbiosis also seems to 'regurgitate' and push the bile the wrong way.

OccamzRazer

Increase them gradually over time. If you don't have any underlying problems you should be able to acclimate!

If you do have underlying problems, I think colonic hydrotherapy can be hugely helpful.

I eat lots of beef, eggs, cheese, honey, chocolate: link

Of course, it's important to find foods that work well for you.

Vins7

Increase them gradually over time. If you don't have any underlying problems you should be able to acclimate!

If you do have underlying problems, I think colonic hydrotherapy can be hugely helpful.

I eat lots of beef, eggs, cheese, honey, chocolate: link

Of course, it's important to find foods that work well for you.
Has it had benefits on your libido to increase calories?

OccamzRazer

Has it had benefits on your libido to increase calories?
Yes! Extra calories lead directly to extra libido in my experience.

I suspect more of OP's problems are from being 9% bodyfat than from nofap, but I could be wrong!

Dr. B

Yes! Extra calories lead directly to extra libido in my experience.

I suspect more of OP's problems are from being 9% bodyfat than from nofap, but I could be wrong!
would it improve organ and genital size too, those additional calories
and do they need to come from carbs, or carbs or fats, or any macro!

LLight

I started doing intermittent dry fasting recently and i can only say this is amazing and compliments the benefits of SR to the max. Ive been on SR for 3 years now and its been amazing, but adding intermittent dry fasting has made my vibration higher, made the magnetism stronger, made my skin more clear, and made my testosterone rise even more. I didnt think these things could improve more because they were already so powerful, but it has taken a big step up for sure! I do 20:4 intermittent dry fasting. The first week i felt bad and felt like my body was clearing itself up, but the coming 2-3 weeks have been amazing. I feel an insane lift in consciousness and sexual energy.

I had same experience on my many month SR streak with dry intermittent fasting when I was 17 in 2019. I felt so energetic confident strong masculine and built muscle easier when I was in dry intermittent fasted state I experienced more interest from people even when I had it higher than before doing SR, honestly that was the best time in my life just because of how good I felt on the streak, slept incredibly well, the Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome symptoms were greatly reduced except when I had nocturnal emission making them return for some days so if I had one before an exam or something like that it messed with things but in general I felt better in all areas and had more female attraction which I haven't ever had when not on a SR streak as explicitly. I do feel as I had more androgens, Dopamine, less Estrogen, Serotonin as the way I felt on that streak is what High Dopamine, Androgens, Low Estrogen, Serotonin are said to make one feel like from the Peatarian viewpoint.
(By user Explorer on this forum IIRC).
For everyone who feels like they are stuck in a rut with their SR journey, may I recommend Dry Fasting in combination with other transmutation practices. The practice of Dry Fasting, has magnified my presence, made my days more surreal and colours are more vivid. It has also improved my skin health and overall vitality. Dry Fasting makes my spirit feel lighter and overall I have a certain youthfulness to my appearance. When Dry Fasting is combined with Meditation + Qigong your energy and reality will be amplified for better or for worse.

Update day 2: I feel very good. Fasting while doing semen retention is crazy. I feel like transforming directly into a super saiyan 2 (for those who know). I have more energy ( you should know my body is used to intermittent fasting, still I wanted a challenge). I could run after a train, I could do some housework and getting things in order. On the emotional and spiritual level, I feel like going to another level. I have a surge in creativity and can focus more (I actually have ADHD and fasting helps me prevent symptoms).

Update day 3: Day 3 was a hard one. I actually had to push through the low energy and I rested a bit. I knew it would come. Still dry fasting trains your emotional and spiritual muscles. At the end of this fast, I‘ll be way stronger and way less likely to give into instant gratification. Men, do try dry fasting and semen retention.

Update day 4: I feel better. Day 4 was a surge of energy and my body, my soul and my spirit are stronger. Way stronger. I feel the testosterone cruising through my veins. Three days left and l let you know the results at the end. Still climbing onto the mountain oh yeah

Update day 5: Well, it was a bit difficult, yet once again I pushed through the hunger and could compose a song. Well I still need to record the piano and drums part (just did the guitar and bass part). Then I‘ll write the song. Well mates, dry fasting and semen retention is like being in the hyperbolic chamber in Dragonball Z. You are progressing ahead of all and buying time. Man do I feel great. I also recommend taking cold showers.
That's what you may be looking for (with boron supplementation and eating greens).

dlind70

Just came here to see if the OP still has issues if you look for libido you will not find it focus on your diet what I would say is eat foods that grow on trees the tree foods like almonds, pecans and ripe fruit apricot is number one. Also fruits with magnesium such as pineapple dates and figs figs are actually an old remedy for libido just eat a bunch of figs LOL. These suggested things will be good. the almonds are okay don't worry about the poofa because there's plenty of vitamin e.

By the way, nobody tells you but libido is actually grown from the stomach so your stomach is vital because your stomach makes the hormones for the libido at night so and traditional Chinese medicine this stomach is 90° from the circulation sex meridian. The circulation sex meridian is at 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at night and it is grown from the stomach meridian at 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. in the morning this is why people who Skip breakfast are not doing well. Making hormone for libido is what we're all striving for at least most of us on this form I say. Lol

Last edited:

bornamachine

Interest thread in multiple aspects.

It makes you value what health you have or had in the past.

I remember when I was 17 I was as care free as you could get really, SAD diet, everything, fat, healthy, happy, everything perfect

At some point around 19 I believe I did the no fap, it was the hardest 2 weeks in my life to overcome, amazing thinking back on it, it took two weeks of extreme boners and just the urge to let it out but I was determined, and after that period I stopped having the crazy urges but let me tell you something, I know that everyone is different, I wasnt sitting on 20 different sups and if you said K2 I'd think you are talking either about that mountain in Asia or that rapper or singer in the mid 2000s? Anyway, in my case, without having messed with any creams or pills this is what happened, I was a beast, I'd put muscle on if I worked out, I had energy for days, my mind was sharp, funny, quick, and not to divulge into too much detail but when I needed the system to come back online there was no "process" it was just there and ready, so, from my personal self not having done any drugs or supps or recreational drugs, I was able to "shut" it down, see benefits, and "bring it back online" just like that, in fact it was the stopping that was the hard part.

I think this is the reason they tell boxers to abstain during fight seasons etc.

I'm not advocating for or against, this was my experience and for me, when I was truly healthy, it did no harm and actually helped.

I did at the time suffer from extreme bacne to a point where some guy in the gym told me to lay off the roids when we went to the sauna, my opinion is that at that time I was extremely testosterone saturated this thus the good muscle growth and bacne, also I was extremely flirtatious with the girls at that period of my life

Anyway, OP, take care, you're very young, my only advice to you is listen to wisdom over studies etc and also listen to your own body, what do you need, it'll tell you and consume that otherwise you're gonna run yourself right into the ground