17 YEAR OLD -- NEED to restore health/libido etc

aniciete

Have you found a reliable source for ruminant brains? Seems egg yolks have a lot more choline than even brains by weight. Is there anything brains have to offer that egg yolks don’t? Beef heart surprisingly has several times more choline than brains too.
Brains are a very rich source of cholesterol. 1 cup of veal brains has around 7.5g of cholesterol.

OccamzRazer

Less than 14% bf is probably doable. Just slowly increase calories every week. Keep increasing until libido and emotions come back to the level you want them and anhedonia goes away. Fat gain should be minimal as long as the increase is gradual and endotoxin is kept low. It could take a year or more to get your metabolism adapted back to high calories. Some people like Occam have gotten up to 5000 calories with lower body fat. Not necessarily how high you should go, but at 6’2” you’ll probably feel more optimal working up to a higher baseline. Take your time increasing. Just a little more every week. Abrupt increases can just cause endotoxin production if you don’t have the digestive power to fully assimilate it.
Spot on.

@AndrogenicJB The cyclical calorie thing is good in theory, but IMO it could lead to more orthorexia in practice.

You might just want to keep cals approximately the same from day to day and instead focus on raising calories from week to week. Maybe something like this:

Week 1: 2800/day
Week 2: 2900/day
Week 3: 3000/day
...and so on and so forth until you've hit 4,000+

Also, dude! You're 17. Please don't undereat. Once you hit 4,000 cals/day or so never look back! A lot of guys, myself included, keep growing taller til their mid 20s. Not to mention skeletal changes via growth plates. If you skimp on calories now it could severely limit your development in the long run.

Your current status at 9% bodyfat is also likely causing some of your libido issues. 10-15% might be a better range to shoot for.

If you find foods and macro ratios that work for you, you should be able to stay in this range even while eating way more.

Best of luck brother!

redsun

Have you found a reliable source for ruminant brains? Seems egg yolks have a lot more choline than even brains by weight. Is there anything brains have to offer that egg yolks don’t? Beef heart surprisingly has several times more choline than brains too.
Well I think its ideal to eat the whole egg but yes by weight technically the yolks have more choline than brain. But besides that, the brain has very high amounts of cholesterol and omega 3 (mostly DHA). Otherwise everything is somewhat similar or irrelevant for most people (iron content).

There are a lot of neurosteroids in the brain as well, but I am not sure how much remains intact from cooking and digestion. There are steroids in the egg yolk as well just not as much.

If you want neurosteroids and a lot of cholesterol, brains makes sense to have sometimes. So again in regards to just basic micronutrients and choline the contents are similar (except brain having more minerals) so eggs seem to be the better choice for daily consumption at least.

If your area has a large asian farmer's markets, usually they sell basically every organ meat.

Dr. B

Well I think its ideal to eat the whole egg but yes by weight technically the yolks have more choline than brain. But besides that, the brain has very high amounts of cholesterol and omega 3 (mostly DHA). Otherwise everything is somewhat similar or irrelevant for most people (iron content).

There are a lot of neurosteroids in the brain as well, but I am not sure how much remains intact from cooking and digestion. There are steroids in the egg yolk as well just not as much.

If you want neurosteroids and a lot of cholesterol, brains makes sense to have sometimes. So again in regards to just basic micronutrients and choline the contents are similar so eggs seem to be the better choice for daily consumption at least.

If your area has a large asian farmer's markets, usually they sell basically every organ meat.
is brain fat mostly pufa? is that the more unhealthy the cows the more pufa in brain whereas the healthiest have lots of SFA in brain fat
do you prefer fertilized eggs, all kinds of articles on those being superior and inhibiting myostatin and stuff. what about duck eggs and fish eggs mate!
Haidut mentioned in a podcast, brain having a lot of pregnenolone iirc

Dr. B

If you want neurosteroids and a lot of cholesterol, brains makes sense to have sometimes. So again in regards to just basic micronutrients and choline the contents are similar (except brain having more minerals) so eggs seem to be the better choice for daily consumption at least.

theres apparently legal restrictions or complications selling certain organ meats
testicles are hard to find, and
thymus, thyroid, brains, adrenals, eyeballs, snout, ears, intestines are even harder to find...
i think selling it as a supplement you dont have to follow the same rules so theres companies like ancestral offering many organs

redsun

is brain fat mostly pufa? is that the more unhealthy the cows the more pufa in brain whereas the healthiest have lots of SFA in brain fat
do you prefer fertilized eggs, all kinds of articles on those being superior and inhibiting myostatin and stuff. what about duck eggs and fish eggs mate!
Haidut mentioned in a podcast, brain having a lot of pregnenolone iirc

Brain fat content has about equal parts of SFA, MUFA, and PUFA. The PUFA part is almost entirely Omega 3 though. I dont think this changes much as the brain needs omega 3, thats why its so concentrated.

Maybe its good, but I have never tried fertilized eggs. Eggs from animals are all generally good food and tend to be nutritious.

aniciete

theres apparently legal restrictions or complications selling certain organ meats
testicles are hard to find, and
thymus, thyroid, brains, adrenals, eyeballs, snout, ears, intestines are even harder to find...
i think selling it as a supplement you dont have to follow the same rules so theres companies like ancestral offering many organs
You can buy all of those organs from Amish sellers online

Dr. B

Brain fat content has about equal parts of SFA, MUFA, and PUFA. The PUFA part is almost entirely Omega 3 though. I dont think this changes much as the brain needs omega 3, thats why its so concentrated.

Maybe its good, but I have never tried fertilized eggs. Eggs from animals are all generally good food and tend to be nutritious.
ah interesting
so in your opinion we do have a need for omega 3,
but no need for omega 6? or 1:1 ratio of both
i think grass fed meats, dairy have both in a 1:1 ratio

redsun

ah interesting
so in your opinion we do have a need for omega 3,
but no need for omega 6? or 1:1 ratio of both
i think grass fed meats, dairy have both in a 1:1 ratio

You need small amounts of both. Careful consideration needs to be made in avoiding high intakes, but especially avoiding high intake of Omega 6.

Dr. B

You can buy all of those organs from Amish sellers online
which websites mate? theres white oak pastures or something which the ancestral dude uses
theres another one, called amos miller farms
and dutch meadows farm
dutch meadows has a good selection, they have things like tongue that are tough to find
white oak has testes
but i havent found thyroid, eyeballs, penis and others anywhere

Dr. B

You need small amounts of both. Careful consideration needs to be made in avoiding high intakes, but especially avoiding high intake of Omega 6.
there was another thread regarding this do you agree with the egg intolerance being caused by vaccines?
someone also mentioned alpha gal syndrome from tick bites...
it seems once youre injected with a certain protein or food you develop allergenicity to it?
cause i can tolerate any food even gmo soy, but eggs if i have more than one it will mess me up. yolks are more tolerable than whites but it still doesnt seem totally safe. i havent tried duck eggs to compare. i doubt the chickens being more or less soy/corn fed makes a difference

aniciete

which websites mate? theres white oak pastures or something which the ancestral dude uses
and dutch meadows farm
dutch meadows has a good selection, they have things like tongue that are tough to find
white oak has testes
I’ve used Amos Miller, they have thymus, thyroid and other glands

Quelsatron

Suffering how? I feel my best when I eat liver... it's almost instantaneous, the feeling of well-being, vitality and energy I get.
Headaches, fatigue, depression, grey-ish vision. It immediately improved after I quit eating liver. I also think it gave me rosacea.

Nebula

and dutch meadows farm
white oak has testes
I found this website awhile ago. Looks like it’s mostly from imported from Australia pastured on rangeland. Shipped in dry ice. Never ordered from it though. They sell brains and testicles.

Suffering how? I feel my best when I eat liver... it's almost instantaneous, the feeling of well-being, vitality and energy I get.
I get a bad reaction to liver too. I think you need to have a very high metabolic rate and all transporter proteins need to be high in order for the retinol and copper to not accumulate unutilized and cause problems.