1600mg DHEA Results in 31% Body Fat Decrease in 4 weeks htt

slayers

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2961787

Dehydroepiandrosterone reduces serum low density lipoprotein levels and body fat but does not alter insulin sensitivity in normal men.

Source

Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298.

Abstract

To assess the effects of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) on body fat mass, serum lipid levels, and tissue sensitivity to insulin, five normal men were given placebo and five normal men were given oral DHEA [1600 mg/day (554.7 mmol/day)] for 28 days in a randomized, double blind study. In the DHEA group serum DHEA-S levels rose 2.5- to 3.5-fold, and mean (+/- SEM) serum androstenedione rose from 4.3 +/- 0.6 to 8.6 +/- 1.2 nmol/L (P less than 0.004, by paired t test), but serum total testosterone, free testosterone, sex hormone-binding globulin, estradiol, and estrone levels did not change. In the DHEA group the mean percent body fat decreased by 31%, with no change in weight. This suggests that the reduction in fat mass was coupled with an increase in muscle mass. DHEA administration also resulted in a fall in mean serum total cholesterol concentration (4.82 +/- 0.21 vs. 4.48 +/- 0.29 nmol/L; P less than 0.05), which was due almost entirely to a fall of 7.5% in mean serum low density lipoprotein cholesterol (3.21 +/- 0.11 vs. 2.97 +/- 0.14 nmol/L; P less than 0.01). No changes in anthropometric parameters or serum lipid levels occurred in the placebo group. Tissue sensitivity to insulin, assessed by the hyperinsulinemic-euglycemic clamp technique, did not change in either the placebo or DHEA groups. These results suggest that in normal men DHEA administration reduces body fat, increases muscle mass, and reduces serum low density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. Tissue sensitivity to insulin was unaffected by short term DHEA administration.

PMID:2961787
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

bradley

Re: 1600mg DHEA Results in 31% Body Fat Decrease in 4 weeks

That is an incredibly high dose and for it to not have effected estrogen is very surprising, even suspect. Perhaps very high doses do not convert like low doses do?

slayers said:

Dehydroepiandrosterone reduces serum low density lipoprotein levels and body fat but does not alter insulin sensitivity in normal men.

Source

Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298.

Abstract

To assess the effects of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) on body fat mass, serum lipid levels, and tissue sensitivity to insulin, five normal men were given placebo and five normal men were given oral DHEA [1600 mg/day (554.7 mmol/day)] for 28 days in a randomized, double blind study. In the DHEA group serum DHEA-S levels rose 2.5- to 3.5-fold, and mean (+/- SEM) serum androstenedione rose from 4.3 +/- 0.6 to 8.6 +/- 1.2 nmol/L (P less than 0.004, by paired t test), but serum total testosterone, free testosterone, sex hormone-binding globulin, estradiol, and estrone levels did not change. In the DHEA group the mean percent body fat decreased by 31%, with no change in weight. This suggests that the reduction in fat mass was coupled with an increase in muscle mass. DHEA administration also resulted in a fall in mean serum total cholesterol concentration (4.82 +/- 0.21 vs. 4.48 +/- 0.29 nmol/L; P less than 0.05), which was due almost entirely to a fall of 7.5% in mean serum low density lipoprotein cholesterol (3.21 +/- 0.11 vs. 2.97 +/- 0.14 nmol/L; P less than 0.01). No changes in anthropometric parameters or serum lipid levels occurred in the placebo group. Tissue sensitivity to insulin, assessed by the hyperinsulinemic-euglycemic clamp technique, did not change in either the placebo or DHEA groups. These results suggest that in normal men DHEA administration reduces body fat, increases muscle mass, and reduces serum low density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. Tissue sensitivity to insulin was unaffected by short term DHEA administration.

bradley

Re: 1600mg DHEA Results in 31% Body Fat Decrease in 4 weeks

Better context can be found here. In short, these results could never be replicated

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2010/07 ... .html#more

bradley said:
That is an incredibly high dose and for it to not have effected estrogen is very surprising, even suspect. Perhaps very high doses do not convert like low doses do?

slayers said:

Source

Abstract

Marquis777

My first thought was that they had just made up the results, or maybe they used DHT or something and said it was DHEA.
I don't think so. I used DHEA and found out the true meaning of alpha male. I'm dead serious it was that powerful. If I knew how to use it better I would have gotten more out of it.

Marquis777

My first thought was that they had just made up the results, or maybe they used DHT or something and said it was DHEA.
DHEA can work like DHT or even better. Because you can make estrogen as needed. If you took dht alone without enough estrogen to fight it might not work as good.

I don't think so. I used DHEA and found out the true meaning of alpha male. I'm dead serious it was that powerful. If I knew how to use it better I would have gotten more out of it.
How do you use it?
I am not afraid of high estrogen if it is just temporarily

Peroxphos

Interesting, can you expand on what you experienced? I also noticed better effects with DHEA than DHT.

Marquis777

How do you use it?
I am not afraid of high estrogen if it is just temporarily
I took 200 mg of dhea and 100mg of pregnenolone every 3 hours to get the effects I got. If I did it again I would bump pregnenolone up to 200 mg not 100mg.

Marquis777

Interesting, can you expand on what you experienced? I also noticed better effects with DHEA than DHT.
I started to feel fear less but not Reckless. If there was any conflict I Was Not Afraid of the worst case scenario. I said to myself if it comes to that it comes to that. My old self would hope the worst case scenario would never happen. I was more protective of my friends and family. Girls started to look better. Apparently I like slim thick chicks. Before then I didn't care as long as they had something and had a cute face.

opethfeldt

People probably notice better effects with DHEA instead of DHT because most of the effects that people associate with being "alpha" are caused by estrogen, not DHT or testosterone. Most of these effects are because estrogen dramatically increases dopamine. Taking DHT alone will tank estrogen and also likely lower testosterone if enough is taken. It's not going to turn you into an "alpha male".

For me, the only thing that gives me a true alpha male attitude and mindset is dopamine. Point blank. I wasted a lot of time and money supplementing androgens expecting a feeling that was not actually what androgens promote. As for this huge DHEA dose, I'm not surprised people felt good but I'm not convinced it'd be safe, long term, especially with these reports of liver enlargement from much smaller doses. Still might be a fun experiment to try at some point.

RayIV

Since then I didn't have anything that compared to those effects. Not even androsterone was this good.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Out of curiosity, what made you stop? Overall those seem like some profound effects you had.

miquelangeles

Since then I didn't have anything that compared to those effects. Not even androsterone was this good.

I get the same effects from DHEA, and also from lanolin to a similar extent.

With DHEA (and with pregnenolone too) the effects seem highly dependent on the social and environmental interactions. It seems to amplify both positive and negative experiences. If I take a dose and then spend the day alone working in my office, I don't feel much except maybe for frustration about any compromises made in the past and the desire to set them right. But if I go out, meet and interact with people, then the experience will generally be a positive one.

@Mauritio have you noticed anything like this or it's just me? With DHEA/pregnenolone/lanolin.

Marquis777

Thank you for sharing your experience. Out of curiosity, what made you stop? Overall those seem like some profound effects you had.
I didn't want to down regulate my dhea pathway. After a while the effects wore off. I think it might be a cycle thing or something. I also wanted to try the 8/1 and 1/4 dhea and progesterone thing. It's probably dopamine and I needed a rest from the high dose. I did if for about 2-3 months.

Marquis777

I get the same effects from DHEA, and also from lanolin to a similar extent.

With DHEA (and with pregnenolone too) the effects seem highly dependent on the social and environmental interactions. It seems to amplify both positive and negative experiences. If I take a dose and then spend the day alone working in my office, I don't feel much except maybe for frustration about any compromises made in the past and the desire to set them right. But if I go out, meet and interact with people, then the experience will generally be a positive one.

@Mauritio have you noticed anything like this or it's just me? With DHEA/pregnenolone/lanolin.
No I felt great all the time.

Marquis777

People probably notice better effects with DHEA instead of DHT because most of the effects that people associate with being "alpha" are caused by estrogen, not DHT or testosterone. Most of these effects are because estrogen dramatically increases dopamine. Taking DHT alone will tank estrogen and also likely lower testosterone if enough is taken. It's not going to turn you into an "alpha male".

For me, the only thing that gives me a true alpha male attitude and mindset is dopamine. Point blank. I wasted a lot of time and money supplementing androgens expecting a feeling that was not actually what androgens promote. As for this huge DHEA dose, I'm not surprised people felt good but I'm not convinced it'd be safe, long term, especially with these reports of liver enlargement from much smaller doses. Still might be a fun experiment to try at some point.
I think it's estrogen and dht together that makes the Alpha feeling happen. I used pregnenolone to protect my self from too much estrogen and to protect my liver.

RayIV

I didn't want to down regulate my dhea pathway. After a while the effects wore off. I think it might be a cycle thing or something. I also wanted to try the 8/1 and 1/4 dhea and progesterone thing. It's probably dopamine and I needed a rest from the high dose. I did if for about 2-3 months.
Definitely, that’s understandable. Thank you for your response. I think it could be an interesting experiment to run in cycles.