150 To 200 In 3 Years

iLoveSugar

I'm a 35 y/o, 5'6 male. For most my adult life, I was around 150. Oddly enough, I always wanted to put on some good weight. Something flipped, and I just started rapidly gaining, and now can not stop. I've officially hit 200. Literally everything hurts. I got hernias on both hips, my feet hurt like hell. None of my medium clothes fit anymore. Even larges are becoming hard to fit in. Most my weight gain seems in my belly and face. I'm sore and lethargic. Im at such a loss. Im around 2k-2500 calories per day, consisting mostly of milk, eggs, meat, coffee, orange juice and some potatoes.

I need to figure this out as I feel like complete ***t.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm a 35 y/o, 5'6 male. For most my adult life, I was around 150. Oddly enough, I always wanted to put on some good weight. Something flipped, and I just started rapidly gaining, and now can not stop. I've officially hit 200. Literally everything hurts. I got hernias on both hips, my feet hurt like hell. None of my medium clothes fit anymore. Even larges are becoming hard to fit in. Most my weight gain seems in my belly and face. I'm sore and lethargic. Im at such a loss. Im around 2k-2500 calories per day, consisting mostly of milk, eggs, meat, coffee, orange juice and some potatoes.

How are your digestion, sleep and stress?

opethfeldt

Are you taking any supplements? It'd be helpful if you told us what your lifestyle is like too.

mrchibbs

I also experienced this, but a couple years earlier in life than you did.

Stress was the defining factor for me. I went through massive, massive stress during an illness. And within 2 years I gained 60+ pounds. Granted I was massively underweight to start with, but for a long time, it felt like every thing I ate ended up as belly fat (and my face gained a lot too).

I've since lost a good 15 lbs on my peak weight, and I'm well on my way to hitting an optimal weight for my height.

What I can say helped:

1. Walking everyday (around 10k steps), and getting plenty of sunlight. Breathe slowly through the nose as you walk. This is very relaxing, increases CO2, activates nerves in the legs, which stimulates digestion. (I got this from Ray).
2. Eating small meals, instead of big meals, with plenty of sugar. It seems the more sugar you give your body, the more you give it the signal that the stress has passed and that it can unload the fat.
3. Eat less fat early in the day, in fact I eat mostly fresh fruit, until I start having a craving for something else, usually after noon. I feel quite "diabetic" in the morning, and fat makes me more sluggish.
4. Focusing on raising temperatures, as soon as I got above 97.5 in the morning and 98.6+ during the day, weight loss became regular, around 1-2 lbs a week and 6 lbs a month. I use thyroid.
5. Coffee, carrot salad/cascara to make sure bowel movements are really good.

Since it's summer soon, I have no worries that you'll be able to turn it around very quickly, especially since you say that 150 was not an ideal weight for you. Maybe 165 is a better weight for you? At any rate you don't have to go all the way down to 150 again, and if you get into a good groove, you could lose 30+lbs by the end of summer.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Digestion is awful. Many years of trying everything is awful. And the only stress I have is my health. Not financial. Not family. Just health.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Are you taking any supplements? It'd be helpful if you told us what your lifestyle is like too.
I just started a month ago with some thyroid. Supplements have been many, but all for short periods of time. Right now, just thyroid, occasional aspirin for headaches, and cyprophetadine to relax. I'm lazy right now just because I hurt so much and feel lethargic.

alywest

I kno

I know exercise seems counterintuitive when you’re already in pain but you might want to try starting with some really easy stretches and strengthening moves to start pushing yourself into more underlying muscle (think core, priformis for hips, low back/sciatica exercises). There is a plethora of these videos for free on YouTube. Doing a lot of cardio is probably the quickest way to burn fat but obviously if you follow peat’s advice at all you don’t want to do anything high impact. But walk as much as you can without hurting yourself. If your joints hurt too much then keep looking up videos with strengthening exercise for the target areas. Also acupressure that you can do on yourself can give some nice immediate benefits. Take hot baths or showers right before bed to help ease muscle soreness. Check out the woman who goes by “Coach Sofia” on youtube. She deals specifically with people who have pain and has a lot of good tips and exercises.

redsun

The best way to help yourself is to think about what you were doing when things "flipped". Losing weight is obviously what needs to be done as it greatly help your pains in your feet and in general. Hernias I dont know you would have to go to a doc and see what needs to be done about those.

How long have you been taking cypro and was there a coincidental gaining of weight when you started it?

Last edited:
cyprophetadine
How many mg per week?

In my experience even 1mg once a week makes me gain fat rapidly. This effect lasts more than 1 week so it's a vicious cycle. Cyproheptadine makes me gain fat even with calorie deficient diet + many mg of caffeine.

milk, eggs,

How many eggs? What amount of milk and it's %?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals