12 months of PPI Drugs have caused an array of health problems for my partner (any advice is much appreciated!)

kd7mufc

Hi,

long term lurker of these excellent forums and the vast amount of information they provide is priceless. I would be extremely grateful for any recommendations or insight for my partner's current health problems.

She has a history of stomach issues (gastritis, IBS) and has been on PPI drugs for a year before coming off them last month. She also came off the birth control implant 3 years ago and her periods have been consistent each month for the last year after a phase of using progesterone. Her diet includes a balance of peaty foods and has consistently kept PUFA low for 4+ years now.

She has been under a period of stress due to family issues unfortunately it has presented many health problems as a result. I suspect the PPI drugs have contributed to these problems. Perhaps by Inhibiting Steroidogenesis?

She has had some basic bloods done recently that do show elevated cortisol, prolactin, total cholesterol, free androgens, LDL – and low estrogen, T4 and SHBG.

I was thinking of making an order from idealabs, with lisuride, cyproheptadine, tyromix and CortiNon or 6-keto P4?

Symptoms

• Hair Shredding
  • Weight Gain
  • Oily Skin
  • Bad Sleep, waking in the night.
  • Heavy headed
  • Lack of concentration
  • Low Libido
  • Severe Depression
  • No Motivation
  • Very cold at night
  • less empathy
  • Spots around jawline.

Blood Results

Female: 27yo

BiomarkerResultNormal RangeUnit
Cortisol (9am)629166 - 507nmol/L
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)6.833.5 - 12.5IU/L
Free Androgen Index70.2 - 7.1Ratio
HDL1.431.2 <mmol/L
HbA1c34.9820 - 42mmol/mol
LDL3.090 - 3mmol/L
Luteinising Hormone (LH)6.982.4 - 12.6IU/L
Oestradiol (Oestrogen)64.545.4 - 854pmol/L
Progesterone1.390.18 - 2.84nmol/L
Prolactin444102 - 496mU/L
Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin1332.4 - 128nmol/L
Testosterone (total)0.910.29 - 1.67nmol/L
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)2.070.27 - 4.2mU/L
Thyroxine (T4, free direct)12.612 - 22pmol/L
Total Cholesterol5.10 - 5mmol/L
Triglycerides1.270 - 1.7mmol/L
Triiodothyronine (T3, free)4.323.1 - 6.8pmol/L

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi,

long term lurker of these excellent forums and the vast amount of information they provide is priceless. I would be extremely grateful for any recommendations or insight for my partner's current health problems.

She has a history of stomach issues (gastritis, IBS) and has been on PPI drugs for a year before coming off them last month. She also came off the birth control implant 3 years ago and her periods have been consistent each month for the last year after a phase of using progesterone. Her diet includes a balance of peaty foods and has consistently kept PUFA low for 4+ years now.

She has been under a period of stress due to family issues unfortunately it has presented many health problems as a result. I suspect the PPI drugs have contributed to these problems. Perhaps by Inhibiting Steroidogenesis?

She has had some basic bloods done recently that do show elevated cortisol, prolactin, total cholesterol, free androgens, LDL – and low estrogen, T4 and SHBG.

I was thinking of making an order from idealabs, with lisuride, cyproheptadine, tyromix and CortiNon or 6-keto P4?

Symptoms

• Hair Shredding
  • Weight Gain
  • Oily Skin
  • Bad Sleep, waking in the night.
  • Heavy headed
  • Lack of concentration
  • Low Libido
  • Severe Depression
  • No Motivation
  • Very cold at night
  • less empathy
  • Spots around jawline.

Blood Results

Female: 27yo

BiomarkerResultNormal RangeUnit
Cortisol (9am)629166 - 507nmol/L
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)6.833.5 - 12.5IU/L
Free Androgen Index70.2 - 7.1Ratio
HDL1.431.2 <mmol/L
HbA1c34.9820 - 42mmol/mol
LDL3.090 - 3mmol/L
Luteinising Hormone (LH)6.982.4 - 12.6IU/L
Oestradiol (Oestrogen)64.545.4 - 854pmol/L
Progesterone1.390.18 - 2.84nmol/L
Prolactin444102 - 496mU/L
Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin1332.4 - 128nmol/L
Testosterone (total)0.910.29 - 1.67nmol/L
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)2.070.27 - 4.2mU/L
Thyroxine (T4, free direct)12.612 - 22pmol/L
Total Cholesterol5.10 - 5mmol/L
Triglycerides1.270 - 1.7mmol/L
Triiodothyronine (T3, free)4.323.1 - 6.8pmol/L

The need for PPIs are usually due to hypothyroidism and/or low stomach acid, not high. So optimizing thyroid, eating easy-to-digest food and even using digestive enzymes (betaine HCL, pepsin, protease, etc.) should help a lot. PPIs inhibit the absorption of many nutrients, such as zinc, B12, etc., so it's important to correct those with good nutrition and digestive enzymes to ensure absorption.

CiggyTardust

I tried endless supplements to restore healthy stomach acid production after years of suffering due to PPI use. Only thing that actually worked in the end was daily use of Ebios, a Japanese Brewer's Yeast supplement taken with every meal. In a couple weeks I suspect it provided the missing nutrients to restore healthy stomach function. Can't recommend it enough.

Lollipop2

I tried endless supplements to restore healthy stomach acid production after years of suffering due to PPI use. Only thing that actually worked in the end was daily use of Ebios, a Japanese Brewer's Yeast supplement taken with every meal. In a couple weeks I suspect it provided the missing nutrients to restore healthy stomach function. Can't recommend it enough.
Interesting. Dose? Continual use required? Can you describe more?

Many many suffer from low stomach acid - silent reflux etc. Thanks for taking the time for those who will read this.

mrchibbs

I was prescribed PPIs for acute dysphagia/acid reflux in 2018 and it did allow me to eat and lessen the constant discomfort I felt but then I experienced similar side effects as you've listed so I discontinued after a few months.

Quite frankly, I'm still susceptible to the same issues, but when I control my stress, eat regular meals, sleep well and get sunshine I get almost no symptoms anymore, it's just that people suffering from these problems are probably very sensitive to various stressors (being hypothyroid is a part of that of that susceptibility).

Cyproheptadine is very useful to get relief, but isn't a great longterm solution because it doesn't fix the underlying problems, I think by bringing relief it can have epigenetic effects though.

I would suggest using progest-e, glandular thyroid and good foods with regular meal and protein. Vitamin D/Sunshine/UVB light/Tanning Bed are probably also essential.

CiggyTardust

Interesting. Dose? Continual use required? Can you describe more?

Many many suffer from low stomach acid - silent reflux etc. Thanks for taking the time for those who will read this.
I can't stress enough how well this worked for me. It also worked for two other people I know personally that had suffered from reflux symptoms for years. I'd actually tried Ebios for a while when I lived in Taiwan and concluded it didn't work but that was because I hadn't been consistent enough. A relative of my wife shared with me how she had effectively cured herself of similar digestive issues and that was the push I needed to really stick to it.

Ebios became harder to find when Covid hit as I suspect shipments weren't coming in from Japan as often. From what I've seen, it takes time. 3 to 4 weeks of consistent use before you will notice significant changes. After I took it for a couple months, my digestion improved permanently and I no longer suffer from the burning sensation in my stomach or other reflux symptoms. Closest thing to a miracle I've experienced with any supplement. The dosage of Ebios is 10 tablets with every meal. I've also just tried Brewer's Yeast in gelatin capsules to reproduce the effect but seeing as my stomach is all better I can't confirm whether or not it works as well. The dosage is 7 grams of yeast per day split into three meals. Hope this helps someone! Here's a link to the product page:

Lollipop2

I can't stress enough how well this worked for me. It also worked for two other people I know personally that had suffered from reflux symptoms for years. I'd actually tried Ebios for a while when I lived in Taiwan and concluded it didn't work but that was because I hadn't been consistent enough. A relative of my wife shared with me how she had effectively cured herself of similar digestive issues and that was the push I needed to really stick to it.

Ebios became harder to find when Covid hit as I suspect shipments weren't coming in from Japan as often. From what I've seen, it takes time. 3 to 4 weeks of consistent use before you will notice significant changes. After I took it for a couple months, my digestion improved permanently and I no longer suffer from the burning sensation in my stomach or other reflux symptoms. Closest thing to a miracle I've experienced with any supplement. The dosage of Ebios is 10 tablets with every meal. I've also just tried Brewer's Yeast in gelatin capsules to reproduce the effect but seeing as my stomach is all better I can't confirm whether or not it works as well. The dosage is 7 grams of yeast per day split into three meals. Hope this helps someone! Here's a link to the product page:

Hey thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom