11 keto steroids major human steroids in gonads

Cameron

Interesting article.. I was curious anyones good or bad experience with 11 keto dht? Human studies with supplementing it are lacking. An androgen found in fish but also produced by the gonads clearly and potently
“Expression of cytochrome P450 and 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase types 1 and 2 (key enzymes involved in the synthesis of 11-KT) were investigated in human gonads. The production of 11-KT was investigated in Leydig cells. Plasma concentrations of testosterone and 11-KT were measured in 10 women and 10 men of reproductive age. Investigation of its properties was performed using breast cancer-derived MCF-7 cells.”
——
The current study indicates that 11-KT is produced in the gonads and represents a major androgen in human. It can potentially serve as a nonaromatizable androgen.
@haidut @Hans

opethfeldt

From what I've read, I don't think they're produced in any significant quantities unless you're in poor health with overactive adrenals. T and DHT are the primary gonadal androgens. 11 keto T in particular is associated with prostate enlargement, much more so than other androgens. Not a smart idea to increase its levels. 11 keto T also doesn't seem to possess the same anabolic effects as T, though it does have anti catabolic effects. I think 11 keto DHT is safer but since there's not many long term human studies, it's hard to say for sure. I do think it's a much more potent androgen than even DHT. Perhaps because it's metabolized less extensively than DHT so there's more that remains in the blood and tissues

Mauritio

We have discussed this here a little bit.
(11-Ketotestosterone main driver of malign prostate cancer)

11-Ketotestosterone has the same androgenicity as Testosterone and a much longer half life
I tried 11-oxo, which metabolizes into 11ketoT. It was one of the strongest anti-cortisol effects I've ever had ,only comparable to 6ketoP4. I did give me hair loss for some reason though.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

From what I've read, I don't think they're produced in any significant quantities unless you're in poor health with overactive adrenals. T and DHT are the primary gonadal androgens. 11 keto T in particular is associated with prostate enlargement, much more so than other androgens. Not a smart idea to increase its levels. 11 keto T also doesn't seem to possess the same anabolic effects as T, though it does have anti catabolic effects. I think 11 keto DHT is safer but since there's not many long term human studies, it's hard to say for sure. I do think it's a much more potent androgen than even DHT. Perhaps because it's metabolized less extensively than DHT so there's more that remains in the blood and tissues
I’ve always wondered if the keto groups can become unbound and converted into direct dht daily? 11 keto dht seems like a much stronger androgen for sure and that being why it’s very low in mammals and higher in fish. You likely have 4-7 mgs of test a day on average, 5-10% converting into dht, and a small trace amount being produced and circulated as 11 keto dht. The lower the androgenic potency they more that hormone is produced daily. Testosterone seems more like a pro hormone to me now than ever.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

11-Ketotestosterone has the same androgenicity as Testosterone and a much longer half life
I tried 11-oxo, which metabolizes into 11ketoT. It was one of the strongest anti-cortisol effects I've ever had ,only comparable to 6ketoP4. I did give me hair loss for some reason though.
Maybe topically it’s strength, as and androgen, can stimulate 5-ar in the skin very well. To much systemically could cause problems but it’s effects exogenously seem promising for those promising effects

Mauritio

Maybe topically it’s strength, as and androgen, can stimulate 5-ar in the skin very well. To much systemically could cause problems but it’s effects exogenously seem promising for those promising effects
You can try it out. I think it didnt compare to my usual supplements

opethfeldt

I wonder if 11-oxo can be converted directly to 11 keto DHT if applied topically. I've looked at the steroid pathways and it seems possible but I don't know if it occurs in practice.

Mauritio

I wonder if 11-oxo can be converted directly to 11 keto DHT if applied topically. I've looked at the steroid pathways and it seems possible but I don't know if it occurs in practice.
No idea ,some of it for sure. Why are you asking ?
You might as well buy real 11ketodht, I preferred it to 11oxo.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

I have some 11-oxo I didn't use lying around from experimenting with it this past summer.
Could use both.. I think it’s likely to convert but it’s something really difficult to gauge. Especially with androgens and back door pathways. 11 keto dht really seems like a very legit “safe”experiment as it literally is dht with keto groups and naturally present in mammals. 1mg itself is enough to see some unique anti cortisol and androgenic effect. I’ve yet to try myself but so far I like androsterone and it’s subtle mood confident effects. I oddly like the taste as well. 11 keto will be next.

Razvan

Could use both.. I think it’s likely to convert but it’s something really difficult to gauge. Especially with androgens and back door pathways. 11 keto dht really seems like a very legit “safe”experiment as it literally is dht with keto groups and naturally present in mammals. 1mg itself is enough to see some unique anti cortisol and androgenic effect. I’ve yet to try myself but so far I like androsterone and it’s subtle mood confident effects. I oddly like the taste as well. 11 keto will be next.
Androsterone topical is better. Androsterone with dhea is far stronger than 11- keto DHT. Also androsterone has more unique effects than DHT.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Androsterone topical is better. Androsterone with dhea is far stronger than 11- keto DHT. Also androsterone has more unique effects than DHT.
Why do you like androsterone topically just curious? I’ve played around with it sublingual because it’s already 5 alpha reduced but may try other routes as well thanks
And yes androsterone’s convertibility to other unique androgens makes it very worth while. Higher androsterone levels have direct effects on 5 alpha reductase levels in general. I made a thread below with links

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Does anyone have interesting papers on androsterone being used on the face as a direct 5-AR enhancer and stimulating androgenic hair growth directly? I’ve seen a patent on a dht topical for this maybe soon to hit the market.

Razvan

Why do you like androsterone topically just curious? I’ve played around with it sublingual because it’s already 5 alpha reduced but may try other routes as well thanks
And yes androsterone’s convertibility to other unique androgens makes it very worth while. Higher androsterone levels have direct effects on 5 alpha reductase levels in general. I made a thread below with links
Orally seems to stay more in androsterone and go less in dht,gives more sedation from androsterone's gaba effect and at some point it will make you lazy and less focused. Also the effect doesn't seem to last as long as topical from my experience with it. Also i wouldn't use it for a long time daily as ca-n make you careless about relationahips and future and could make you take wrong decisions at some point. If you take it 3 days yes and then some pause that would not happen,it will only have positive effects especially in combination with dhea.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Orally seems to stay more in androsterone and go less in dht,gives more sedation from androsterone's gaba effect and at some point it will make you lazy and less focused. Also the effect doesn't seem to last as long as topical from my experience with it. Also i wouldn't use it for a long time daily as ca-n make you careless about relationahips and future and could make you take wrong decisions at some point. If you take it 3 days yes and then some pause that would not happen,it will only have positive effects especially in combination with dhea.
Honestly may try it on the face. It’s annoying to put on the navel or other “areas” as it seems to be prone to rub off with my daily routine. My face remains untouched for hours and I do wonder if applying an androgen on the beard area may have a local androgenic effect on 5-ar and terminal androgen related beard growth. I cant find much literature on the face and saturated fatty acid compounds and the absorption on the face but the skin is fairly thin after all. May be a win win.

Momado965

I second that. Very similar effects on cortisol but 11 oxo has a masculine tone to it.

Razvan

Honestly may try it on the face. It’s annoying to put on the navel or other “areas” as it seems to be prone to rub off with my daily routine. My face remains untouched for hours and I do wonder if applying an androgen on the beard area may have a local androgenic effect on 5-ar and terminal androgen related beard growth. I cant find much literature on the face and saturated fatty acid compounds and the absorption on the face but the skin is fairly thin after all. May be a win win.
On the shoulders is perfect for me. And yes i can attest beard grows 3x faster even tho i don't like it.

Gorillaquills

On the shoulders is perfect for me. And yes i can attest beard grows 3x faster even tho i don't like it.
This is such a interesting subject. I was hesitant to buy 11 keto. I just bought 6-keto-p4 from idealabs DC and will hope this helps with my terribly stubborn back fat and love handles. Being 44 year old man with low t doesn't help. I have read many of your articles Mauritio. Good stuff.

Elie

Forum Supporter
This is such a interesting subject. I was hesitant to buy 11 keto. I just bought 6-keto-p4 from idealabs DC and will hope this helps with my terribly stubborn back fat and love handles. Being 44 year old man with low t doesn't help. I have read many of your articles Mauritio. Good stuff.
Just read this and checking in. has the 6-keto-P4 helped with the excess fat?

ddjd

Interesting article.. I was curious anyones good or bad experience with 11 keto dht? Human studies with supplementing it are lacking. An androgen found in fish but also produced by the gonads clearly and potently
“Expression of cytochrome P450 and 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase types 1 and 2 (key enzymes involved in the synthesis of 11-KT) were investigated in human gonads. The production of 11-KT was investigated in Leydig cells. Plasma concentrations of testosterone and 11-KT were measured in 10 women and 10 men of reproductive age. Investigation of its properties was performed using breast cancer-derived MCF-7 cells.”
——
The current study indicates that 11-KT is produced in the gonads and represents a major androgen in human. It can potentially serve as a nonaromatizable androgen.
@haidut @Hans
im confused. 11 keto dht is different to 11-Ketotestosterone.......do you mean 11 keto dht or 11-Ketotestosterone?