11 Hours Into A Dry Fast

OP
Such_Umami

Such_Umami

Dry Fast: 63 hours 45 minutes

BG: 70mg/dl

Time: 3am

I can really feel the difference between 70mg/dl and 80. I would say I'm in deep detox now. I've hit the wall a bit but it's to be expected and I'm determined to carry on. 60mg/dl must have been extremely hard for Yerrag.

Last edited:

yerrag

Dry Fast: 63 hours 45 minutes

BG: 70mg/dl

Time: 3am

I can really feel the difference between 70mg/dl and 80. I would say I'm in deep detox now. I've hit the wall a bit but it's to be expected and I'm determined to carry on. 60mg/dl must have been extremely hard for Yerrag.

I didn't stay long at 60, as when I saw that value, I had to take a tsp of sugar. So, I was basically cheating my way through a dry fast. The cheating dry fast still had good results, but having dry fasted and not cheating 6 months ago when my blood sugar was holding up well at 75 (1 day only), and seeing how much better your blood sugar is holding up, I should first correct my blood sugar problem before undertaking another fast. The drop in my blood pressure was more impressive, even for a 1 day true dry fast, then.

I have to order TCM pills that addresses the cause for my recent deterioration in blood sugar homeostasis. It includes berberine, which inhibits bacteria from producing dipeptyl peptides, which increases my insulin resistance. I'm hoping to not restore my previous level of insulin sensitivity, but surpass it, given that I now know my previous state isn't optimal, having the benefit of comparison with yours.

FYI, the bacteria I speak of is periodontal bacteria, likely P. Gingivalis. I had awakened a sleeping giant in an attempt to lyse my arterial plaque to lower my high blood pressure. Dormant periodontal bacteria were released en masse from the vast internal network of blood vessels. This storm likely made worse an existing low-level and undetectable condition and worsened my insulin resistance. t's an interesting twist on the way to restoring health. Frustrating, but you have to laugh when life throws you a curve ball!

OP
Such_Umami

Such_Umami

If I were you, I would salt water fast and when your blood sugar gets too low, drink some OJ to boost it up a bit. Doing this would mean you can do an extended fast with minimal cortisol secretion. It could resemble a sort of juice fast for you depending on your BG and when your tongue becomes detoxed, you should have no problem with insulin sensitivity.

I plan on going onto a water fast with salt tomorrow and in many ways it's superior to a dry fast.

schultz

I think they are still filtering out toxins but a term which the natural heigine community uses is "kidney filtration" and you can tell if you're achieving this because your urine is very cloudy.

Cloudy urine could also indicate albumin in the urine. Ray says in his newsletter titled "Leakiness, Aging, and Cancer"...

"Albumin, a small protein from the blood, is often seen in the urine during stress."

Adequate salt can help prevent this.

OP
Such_Umami

Such_Umami

Cloudy urine could also indicate albumin in the urine. Ray says in his newsletter titled "Leakiness, Aging, and Cancer"...

"Albumin, a small protein from the blood, is often seen in the urine during stress."

Adequate salt can help prevent this.

It could well be and I'm sure there is. And I wish there was some analysis done to see exactly what it was because it would be an important medical discovery. However, what leads me to believe it's at least not albumin from healthy cells is that it shuts down after about 5 days dry fasting, if it was because of stress, it would likely increase as the dry fast commences. It also wouldn't correlate with ease of health problems as many people including myself have noticed that filtering this stuff out is a prerequisite to much improved health and bodyweight over the long term. It is also able to be induced through herbal medicine that focusses on the kidneys and lymph system, so it's not just a dry fast which can trigger it, healthy lifestyle and herbal medicine can as well. However, you could well be right and I'm very curious to what exactly it is myself. They believe it's acid waste most likely secreted from the cells or dead cells themselves which would partly be made up of protein/albumin.

Your advice about salt water is very good and I plan on doing this very soon.

OP
Such_Umami

Such_Umami

Dry Fast: 72 hours

Blood Glucose: 68mg/dl

Bodyweight: 174lbs - Down from 185 at the start of the fast.

Had a good sleep and feeling much better than when I took my previous reading. I had a lot of interesting dreams including one where I was fighting agent smith and I figured out why he was beating me, it was because I was changing tactics against him; basically he would be able to get a shot in everytime I changed tactic and get the upper hand because he was so fast, however his weakness was that he didn't change tactics and I would eventually be able to counter him. At that point I could beat him down unless I switched strategy. What's interesting to me is that switching strategy would be ideal vs me so I thought that it would work vs him but this is not the case, I needed to learn to keep my advantage and wait for him to learn to counter which is something he probably wasn't used to doing. I think this dream represented my incessant mind/ego plaguing me and causing me strife which up until then was a losing battle (at least with that entity that was represented by agent smith).

Another dream was somewhat along a sports psychology lines where I was struggling to make it click during a basketball match, I handled the defeat well though and I went out into a garden where there were a lot of bee's pollinating the flowers and trees.

Finally the last one I remember seemed to be an ethical one where I had to seperate four similar scenarios and base my actions according to my interaction with the people involved. I could prevent situations from happening, allow them to happen, engage in myself or disengage and all of them were slightly similar but key aspects of them were different which made it critical that my actions were correct. Fortunately I was right in all of them and was rewarded.

Zigzag

3 days 11 pounds down. That's a lot. Would you say you lost some muscle mass?

schultz

It could well be and I'm sure there is. And I wish there was some analysis done to see exactly what it was because it would be an important medical discovery. However, what leads me to believe it's at least not albumin from healthy cells is that it shuts down after about 5 days dry fasting, if it was because of stress, it would likely increase as the dry fast commences. It also wouldn't correlate with ease of health problems as many people including myself have noticed that filtering this stuff out is a prerequisite to much improved health and bodyweight over the long term. It is also able to be induced through herbal medicine that focusses on the kidneys and lymph system, so it's not just a dry fast which can trigger it, healthy lifestyle and herbal medicine can as well. However, you could well be right and I'm very curious to what exactly it is myself. They believe it's acid waste most likely secreted from the cells or dead cells themselves which would partly be made up of protein/albumin.

Your advice about salt water is very good and I plan on doing this very soon.

Good points. I didn't mean to imply it was the only possibility (albumin making urine cloudy). I was just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Probably mostly glycogen and water, as well as a bit of fat. I think each gram of glycogen stores 3 or so grams of water with it. If a person has 800-1000g of glycogen (really depends on the person and it's just an example, but a realistic number nonetheless) then that would be 3200-4000g, or 7 to 8.8 pounds

OP
Such_Umami

Such_Umami

Unless our cortisol is extremely low, we will always be burning muscle mass. On this fast there is no doubt that I will be burning more muscle mass than if I were not fasting. However, building back is extremely quick; our bodies have learned muscle memory which quickly brings us back to the original level of mass before we've burned it up or it's wasted away from inactivity. This summer I weighed 175lbs maximum and it was a much higher percent bodyfat, I know this because when I was 175lbs before, I would not want to wear tight fitting shirts, only when I came down to about 165 did I feel comfortable in them. However after dry fasting and implementing peats ideas I put on a lot of mass and I was extremely comfortable to wear the same shirts at 185lbs.

Nothing is perfect, Peats principals causes constipation in the digestive tract and organs. There is a need to eliminate excess and refine what we've got. It might cause some stress but so do many things which are worthwhile and after the fast it should result in less stress long term.

Zigzag

I want to try at least 1 week of water fast, but there's always some socialization during the week...

Vinny

Unless our cortisol is extremely low, we will always be burning muscle mass. On this fast there is no doubt that I will be burning more muscle mass than if I were not fasting. However, building back is extremely quick; our bodies have learned muscle memory which quickly brings us back to the original level of mass before we've burned it up or it's wasted away from inactivity. This summer I weighed 175lbs maximum and it was a much higher percent bodyfat, I know this because when I was 175lbs before, I would not want to wear tight fitting shirts, only when I came down to about 165 did I feel comfortable in them. However after dry fasting and implementing peats ideas I put on a lot of mass and I was extremely comfortable to wear the same shirts at 185lbs.

Nothing is perfect, Peats principals causes constipation in the digestive tract and organs. There is a need to eliminate excess and refine what we've got. It might cause some stress but so do many things which are worthwhile and after the fast it should result in less stress long term.
Umami,
I tried a couple of dry fasts these days, and definitely want to make it a habit, but noticed that at some point I get a headache. Could be from FFA release, or low glycogen, I'm not sure, but it's unpleasant.
Should I go through it, or just terminate the process, or there is a way to mitigate it and continue?
And if you don't mind, another question: does your stool change in friquency and composition during the dry fast?
Thanks

OP
Such_Umami

Such_Umami

Umami,
I tried a couple of dry fasts these days, and definitely want to make it a habit, but noticed that at some point I get a headache. Could be from FFA release, or low glycogen, I'm not sure, but it's unpleasant.
Should I go through it, or just terminate the process, or there is a way to mitigate it and continue?

I definitely think you should push through it. You will have all kinds of detox reactions, I have a slight headache now. Just make sure you don't loose too much weight (a bmi chart can help you here) and a blood/glucose meter would probably be helpful. Other than that, listen to your body. I have stopped fasts because of strong detox reactions so it's nothing to feel down about, it's much better to err on the side of caution. After stopping those fasts I realised that I probably could have made it through them. Most importantly though is to make sure you've built back well after them.

And if you don't mind, another question: does your stool change in friquency and composition during the dry fast?
Thanks

Yeah, my stools stop pretty much all together. I believe it's common after the fast to have some slight diarrhea. Other than that it's pretty normal.

OP
Such_Umami

Such_Umami

How does your (@Such_Umami and the others) mental energy compare from fasted to fed?

I'd rather not use it but if I need to draw upon it, I find it in greater abundance. I played video games on it and found my reaction times are very sharp. However, I'd rather just chill if I had the choice. I think using it creates a lot of hunger. RP diet gives me a lot of mental energy though and enthusiasm to use it. My main problem is shutting it off when it comes to bed.

OP
Such_Umami

Such_Umami

Dry Fast: 85 hours

BG: 67mg/dl

I think I might end the dry aspect of the fast here. I am quite interested in the salt water aspect now and want to see the effects before going to bed. My last kidney filtration was minimal so I had planned on ending it when this happened.

T

TheBeard

A dry fast is the perfect opportunity to stop being agitated, and let our body be internally agitated detoxing.
So no "sugar because BC feels low" and other OJ fixes.
Nature knows what to do, let her do her job in peace and don't interfere.

OP
Such_Umami

Such_Umami

Okay, so I am currently water fasting with salt and I will add the time in from my dry fast and my 8 hours before my dry fast where I drank water and salt.

Totat fast time: 105 hours

BG: 64mg/dl

Even though my bg levels are still quite low, I am feeling so much better. My kidney filtration has also increased even though the volume has also. A few hours after consuming water, I went to the bathroom and expelled a very toxic crap which I found in the morning stained the toilet. I never have shits like these.

Vinny

Okay, so I am currently water fasting with salt and I will add the time in from my dry fast and my 8 hours before my dry fast where I drank water and salt.

Totat fast time: 105 hours

BG: 64mg/dl

Even though my bg levels are still quite low, I am feeling so much better. My kidney filtration has also increased even though the volume has also. A few hours after consuming water, I went to the bathroom and expelled a very toxic crap which I found in the morning stained the toilet. I never have shits like these.
Thank you very much again for posting so detailed and for answering our questions.
What's the right way for going out from dry fast? Juices? Soups? Or, just salted water as you do now?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals