#10: Scientism, Serotonin, Autism, Toxic Excipients, Depression W/ Georgi Dinkov & Jahed Momand

Blossom

Forum Supporter
What do you do with it? Put it in a chest freezers and have a backup propane generator? Can a lot of it?

Seems a bit silly to buy meat in bulk when markets can be so much more efficient. This is why the profession of butcher existed in the first place. I don't want to waste days dealing with stocking and maintaining my own freezer full of meat: I want a butcher who I trust and is not an idiot.
I eat beef basically every day and get tired of trying to find high quality at a reasonable price at my local stores. I know and respect the people who raise the beef I buy, believe it’s probably a bit better for me and it also helps support their livelihood. It’s more cost effective in the long run as well. It comes out to $7 per pound after processing which would be about the price I’d pay for decent ground beef at the supermarket. I do have a generator if needed.

tygertgr

I know and respect the people who raise the beef I buy

My point is why not arrange to eat it fresh off the hoof. Everybody having fleets of chest freezers and propane generators is clearly less efficient than that. This was the butcher's job: connect consumers with farmers. Classic middle man economic theory.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My point is why not arrange to eat it fresh off the hoof. Everybody having fleets of chest freezers and propane generators is clearly less efficient than that. This was the butcher's job: connect consumers with farmers. Classic middle man economic theory.
That is a great idea.

tankasnowgod

Private firms quickly go bankrupt when they get it wrong.

This isn't true when the firms are big and/or powerful enough. Look at the bailouts handed to Chrysler and GM in the early 2000s. Or the $800 Billion handed to the banks on September 11th, 2008. Both of these events happened over a decade ago, and Chrysler and GM are still standing. Some banks and other companies did go under during that Banker bailout (Lehman, Bear Stearns, AIG), and some like Washington Mutual got taken over. The official claim is that if that $800 Billion hadn't been handed to the banks, the entire system would have collapsed-

As far as firms getting it wrong, it's hard to imagine a firm getting something more wrong than Deutsche Bank's $50 Trillion derivative book. It's a huge massive problem, and you can watch and see if Deutsche Bank is allowed to fall, or if they are Bailed Out/Bailed In/Taken Over or saved through some other method.

tankasnowgod

Obviously the government has no business bailing out failed businesses, no? That idiot in the podcast apparently couldn't wrap his head around that idea.

Well, it would seem that governments can't wrap their head around that idea, either.

tygertgr

Well, it would seem that governments can't wrap their head around that idea, either.

Well explored in Schumpter's works. But political forces in America understood this pretty well 100+ years ago and established fairly effective anti-trust legal frameworks. That we have regulatory capture problems is mostly a failure of the citizenry. Mass immigration is a huge component of it. Huge influx of foreigners who don't understand our traditions have undermined our systems for keeping free enterprise working well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals