bluefish

* Prevents and cures migraines for me. 2-3 drops sublingual every few hours for this.
* Feeling of relaxation after a stressful day. 2 drops sublingual once.
No negative effects,
Do you have a history of migraines ?

Sounds like you found a great match. Congrats.

bluefish

I took 1 drop on my arm yesterday…
A short time later I became very angry and sort of overwhelmed w angry thoughts, within 2 hrs perhaps I remembered the Symptom some people mentioned on here. So could have been a similar situation for me.

Orome

Forum Supporter
It's incredible how different people react to these substances. I tried up to 20 drops orally and didn't feel much (it could be that it increased my body temperature but I am not 100% certain that it was from the harmalan).

evita

Interesting… not to sidetrack the thread too much (sorry everyone) have you tried semax or selank? Russia seems to have made several pretty cool drugs

No, never, but they look interesting. Honestly I don't think I would have ever had Phenibut again if it wasn't for how bad I really was. It's very addictive and the withdrawal symptoms can be awful.

I'd say your 10-MH dose was too high at triggered the Hrex effect (i.e., Jarisch–Herxheimer reaction) consisting of remedy exacerbating the problem. I'd try one drop only and in the morning (when serotonin is typically the lowest). If no negative effect the next two days, repeat the 1 drop in the morning and look for positive effects too :):

Thank you! That makes sense, although I don't think I will try it ever again. I'm too scared of having a similar reaction, even if it's less intense... I feel like I'm struggling even more to self-regulate after that :(

evita

I took 1 drop on my arm yesterday…
A short time later I became very angry and sort of overwhelmed w angry thoughts, within 2 hrs perhaps I remembered the Symptom some people mentioned on here. So could have been a similar situation for me.

Well, good thing that you did just 1 drop. Are you back to normal?

It's incredible how different people react to these substances. I tried up to 20 drops orally and didn't feel much (it could be that it increased my body temperature but I am not 100% certain that it was from the harmalan).

Seriously. My husband has taken up to 10 drops some days combined with velvet bean and he's felt great every single time lol

bluefish

Well, good thing that you did just 1 drop. Are you back to normal?

Yeah I’m fine.
I mentioned in a past post in the thread that I made salve w it also… so I’ve used it in very small doses and that was fine.

I’ll probably try it again, maybe try to do half a drop.

Any suggestions w how to make it work better?

dukesbobby777

Hi. I never write over here, just a lurker, but I'd like to share my experience, which was not good.

10MH had a horrible effect on me. I used it Thursday and Friday, applied two drops topically each day.

The night after taking the second dose (Friday) it took me a while to fall asleep, and woke up after two hours, at 3am, extremely thirsty and feeling weird. I had restless legs, but the worst part were the horrible intrusive thoughts that wouldn't go away. Very visual too. I felt like I was losing my mind, I had no control over these and they were terrifying. I could not fall back asleep, every time I was about to, another intrusive thought popped up and scare the sh*t out of me. I got up after a few hours of this, to keep myself busy and see if it helped.

The intrusive thoughts kept going throughout Saturday but since I was busy, they got a little better, although things got worse the moment I got home in the evening. I had a small hallucination too and cried a few times. Never experienced something like this before. Well, I had a bad LSD trip once, which was also terrifying but in a different way.

Honestly I even forgot that I had taken the harmalan so I didn't know WHY this was happening, until my husband reminded me about it Saturday afternoon.

Anyway, what brought me back was 1g of phenibut Saturday evening. God bless this stuff. My brain slowly went back to normal and I slept like a baby. Sunday (yesterday) I was feeling slightly euphoric (thanks to the phenibut) and today I'm myself again. I'm SO glad that we had that on hand.

I'm not on any medications, I don't drink alcohol or do any sort of drug. The only other things I take are some supplements and herbs (reishi, cascara sagrada, eucommia bark) but nothing that I haven't been consuming for a while.

I do have a tendency towards depression, anxiety and negativity, which affects my digestion... hence why I took the harmalan.

I'm not sure what exactly could have triggered this reaction. If someone has more knowledge on the subject I would appreciate their input.

That sounds similar to my experience. I tried this a while back and it aggravated my mental health for some reason. For the past two years I've been in recovery from about three (drug induced) psychotic episodes, and so I'm very sensitive to things that worsen the chatter that now exists in my brain. I found harmalan to be a bit similar to St John's Wort, in that I was expecting a boost in mood, but it definitely seemed to worsen it.

Ritanserin remains the best anti-serotonin chemical from idealabs IMO. Followed closely by metergoline.

Not sure why harmalan didn't work. I tried the usual Peat 'go to' in ensuring i was always full of sugar.

Was still worth trying though.

NewACC

I looked at the second cited study from wikipedia and they say :
"The beta-carbolines were found to bind with modest affinity at 5-HT(2A) receptors, and affinity was highly dependent upon the presence of ring substituents and ring saturation. The beta-carbolines displayed little to no affinity for 5-HT(1A) serotonin receptors, dopamine D(2) receptors and, with the exception of beta-CCM, for benzodiazepine receptors."

If you look at the corresponding table and data specifically for 6methoxyharmalan you can see that it has the highest affinity for 5HT2c followed by 5HT2a ,but affinities are so low that I'd say I doesn't do much at any of those 2 receptors.
The picture is even clearer for D2, GABA-A and 5HT1a there's almost no affinity at all for those receptors !

View attachment 30009
(Binding of beta-carbolines and related agents at serotonin (5-HT(2) and 5-HT(1A)), dopamine (D(2)) and benzodiazepine receptors - PubMed)
I love you for those your answer!

Mauritio

Felt very stressed and serotonergic these last days.
Took 1 drop 10MH on my neck . Totally kicked me out of the depressive thought loophole. Feel way more relaxed and productive!

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Hi. I never write over here, just a lurker, but I'd like to share my experience, which was not good.

10MH had a horrible effect on me. I used it Thursday and Friday, applied two drops topically each day.

The night after taking the second dose (Friday) it took me a while to fall asleep, and woke up after two hours, at 3am, extremely thirsty and feeling weird. I had restless legs, but the worst part were the horrible intrusive thoughts that wouldn't go away. Very visual too. I felt like I was losing my mind, I had no control over these and they were terrifying. I could not fall back asleep, every time I was about to, another intrusive thought popped up and scare the sh*t out of me. I got up after a few hours of this, to keep myself busy and see if it helped.

The intrusive thoughts kept going throughout Saturday but since I was busy, they got a little better, although things got worse the moment I got home in the evening. I had a small hallucination too and cried a few times. Never experienced something like this before. Well, I had a bad LSD trip once, which was also terrifying but in a different way.

Honestly I even forgot that I had taken the harmalan so I didn't know WHY this was happening, until my husband reminded me about it Saturday afternoon.

Anyway, what brought me back was 1g of phenibut Saturday evening. God bless this stuff. My brain slowly went back to normal and I slept like a baby. Sunday (yesterday) I was feeling slightly euphoric (thanks to the phenibut) and today I'm myself again. I'm SO glad that we had that on hand.

I'm not on any medications, I don't drink alcohol or do any sort of drug. The only other things I take are some supplements and herbs (reishi, cascara sagrada, eucommia bark) but nothing that I haven't been consuming for a while.

I do have a tendency towards depression, anxiety and negativity, which affects my digestion... hence why I took the harmalan.

I'm not sure what exactly could have triggered this reaction. If someone has more knowledge on the subject I would appreciate their input.
I suspect 10-MEO-Harmalan is an inverse agonist at the GABA-A receptor. It gave me resting anxiety for weeks after trying one single dose.

aadrock

I suspect 10-MEO-Harmalan is an inverse agonist at the GABA-A receptor. It gave me resting anxiety for weeks after trying one single dose.
Maybe you are on the money. Someone also said they ejaculate quicker on this. I think this would make sense with what you are say @Lokzo
I could also be wrong as well

bluefish

The good news is that Taurine quickly alleviated the side effects.
how much taurine is needed? Ive never know how to use taurine for any specific result. I have some from Bulk Supplements,, and have used it sometimes, and I didnt feel any reasons of any kind, so obviously quit taking it.

-----

btw I reported earlier that 10-methoxy-harmalan didnt react great with me... Ive taken it a few times since 1 drop each time, and its actually been very relaxing etc.
So I havent used it much but ... after a few uses , I feel I probably work well with it.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I give my monkey 1 drop on the tongue sometimes. Monkey sometimes if taking before bed feels a confusion between reality and an altered state where monkey sees monkey sleeping in bed with open eyes but monkey eyes are closed. Perhaps a tad of hallucinogenic effect.

Sapien

That night I played some football and played easily the best game I've ever played.
I had a similar experience once on a similar substance (LSD microdose)... i am usually terrible at basketball and I felt like Michael Jordan.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
1 or 2 drops on monkey's tongue seems to be the only thing that reduces or eliminates the monkey's night-twitching....

golder

1 or 2 drops on monkey's tongue seems to be the only thing that reduces or eliminates the monkey's night-twitching....
Very interesting. Is this restless leg that you’re referring to? My mum has this and I’m wondering if this might help her…but I thought 10MH had a bit of a stimulating property to it, which worries me about taking it pre bed?

Back
Top Bottom