Momado965

Just wanted to report that, unfortunately, I was getting increasing MAO-A inhibitory effects. It took only 3 or 4 days, at a dose of 100 mcg per day, and the effect was building. But I am apparently quite sensitive to MAO-A inhibition. It's happened before when, ages ago, I tried Syrian Rue for some reason and got myself into the danger zone of serotonin syndrome, just using starter doses. And judging from the reports ITT, being that sensitive is very uncommon. But if you are or might be sensitive then just be alert to the possibility.
Its an anti serotonin. How can it give you serotonin syndrome?!

Nokoni

Its an anti serotonin. How can it give you serotonin syndrome?!
I believe it's also an MAO inhibitor. In my case it must affect MAO-A, of which I seem to be naturally deficient. But I should note that I also take lisuride, 3 drops (0.075 mcg?), and gonadin, 6 drops, which might possibly have something to do with it. Both of those, however, I've been taking for at least weeks without any adverse effect. I should also note that the harmalan was already having dramatically beneficial effects on my digestion, though it was way too early to mention on its own. And I'm also having great results with the gonadin, though again, too early to report results. I'm thinking it might become my all-time favorite supplement.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Just wanted to report that, unfortunately, I was getting increasing MAO-A inhibitory effects. It took only 3 or 4 days, at a dose of 100 mcg per day, and the effect was building. But I am apparently quite sensitive to MAO-A inhibition. It's happened before when, ages ago, I tried Syrian Rue for some reason and got myself into the danger zone of serotonin syndrome, just using starter doses. And judging from the reports ITT, being that sensitive is very uncommon. But if you are or might be sensitive then just be alert to the possibility.

Thank you for the feedback, what were the signs that you were getting MAO-A inhibition? What makes you so sure that this was the case?

Do you think that you may be able to get the positive effects of it without the MAO-A inhibition if you were to use it every so often instead of everyday?

Nokoni

Thank you for the feedback, what were the signs that you were getting MAO-A inhibition? What makes you so sure that this was the case?

Do you think that you may be able to get the positive effects of it without the MAO-A inhibition if you were to use it every so often instead of everyday?
Yeah, physically it was pounding heartbeat and poor sleep, and the mental effects were like a galloping mania that was basically impossible to corral. Irritability and inability to slow down that grew increasingly worse day by day. In the grip of it my mind was not functioning well enough to figure things out but something was very wrong so I just stopped everything. It was about 30 hours after my last dose that the diagnosis came to me. I still wasn't back to normal but the madness was fading. And like I said it happened to me once before with syrian rue. So yeah I'm pretty sure, but of course that doesn't mean I'm right. And it doesn't mean the harmalan was the culprit either. I mentioned a couple other possible contributors, and probably also should mention that I eat a good deal of cheese. But in any event the combination of factors that included the harmalan was just not going to work for me. After the syrian rue experience ages ago I did some research and it seems a reasonable possibility that I have something called the "warrior gene", which involves SNP's and other problems with a gene that affects MAO. Pretty uncommon in whites, much less uncommon in blacks. (I'm white.) But who knows. And maybe I could tolerate it once or twice a week. Maybe at some point I'll give that a try.

Shackles

"warrior gene"
the name is a bad fit for that state. Rabid dog gene might be more so :lol:

I have read some post of yours and you seem fairly in tune with yourself. I do not think you have problems with Serotonin but I do not know you well enough

Nokoni

the name is a bad fit for that state. Rabid dog gene might be more so :lol:

I have read some post of yours and you seem fairly in tune with yourself. I do not think you have problems with Serotonin but I do not know you well enough
Thanks, and I do think I have enough MAO-A, but it seems to be just barely enough. And "rabid dog" is just so right. Maybe rabies just crushes MAO, lol.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@ rat dosage 4 drops per day AM / PM

The animal studies show that it leaves the system within 24 hours, so I'd say 48 hours is probably enough waiting time.

Risingfire

I'm able to eat bread/starch without interruption. I hate this supplement bc I still gain weight on it but so side effects. Maybe if I take it consistently I won't gain any extra lbs

Cfgalak

@haidut Can this be useful for PSSD? Antagonism is sought for 5HT1A, this is the theory behind PSSD. The excess serotonin from SSRIs caused me to hypothyroidism. Aside from the thyroid, I tried metergoline and it didn't work. Could this work?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Cfgalak

Just out of stock. We should have it back in stock this coming week.
Thank you! I'm curious to try it for my PSSD, do you think it will work? I have tried cyproheptadine and metergoline with no success, but this one looks different!

Back
Top Bottom