LadyRae

I am putting 1-2 drops under my tongue for mild anti-serotonin effects in the evening. Works well: I second @Mauritio for relaxed chill mood and @LadyRae for the feeling of warmth.
My fingers prone to a mild Raynaud's syndrome in the winter. I figured out some time ago that this is due to increased serotonin and decided to try 10MH now instead of my standard method of increasing my CO2. After taking 2 drops, I could see almost immediately how blood rises up the whitish fingers and they became warm.
Wow, that's incredible! Raynauds is debilitating. I'm going to try it before I go skiing this winter. Sitting on the chair lifts is sometimes very uncomfortable when it is cold

My rat has acute angle glaucoma. She uses a beta blocker drop alternated by a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor drop.

Anyway, we have a pressure measuring instrument at home.

So I put a drop of harmalan near her eye and the pressures were quite a bit lower. From 16 to 13 or 14, which is quite significant.

What do you think? Could this be used regularly for lab animals? Any comments on rats with glaucoma (acute angle) getting lower pressures from lowering serotonin?

iso1

reselling my harmalan for £30 (34 euro) to anyone in europe or UK. price with shipping included.

Any dangers of phototoxicity (as in the case with Beta Carbolines in general)?

β-Carbolines are tricyclic nitrogen heterocycles formed in plants and animals as Maillard reaction products between amino acids and reducing sugars or aldehydes. They are being detected increasingly in human tissues, and their physiological roles need to be understood.

Two β-carboline carboxylates have been reported to accumulate in the human eye lens. We report here on the identification of another β-carboline, namely 1-methyl-1-vinyl -2,3,4-trihydro-β-carboline-3-carboxylic acid, in the lenses of some cataract patients from India.

Analysis of these three lenticular β-carbolines using photodynamic and antioxidant assays shows all of them to be inert as sensitizers and effective as antioxidants; they quench singlet oxygen, superoxide and hydroxyl radicals and inhibit the oxidative formation of higher molecular weight aggregates of the test protein, eye lens γ-crystallin. Such antioxidative ability of β-carbolines is of particular relevance to the lens, which faces continual photic and oxidative stress. The β-carboline diacid IV is also seen to display an unexpected ability of inhibiting the thermal coagulation of γ-crystallin and the dithiothreitol-induced precipitation of insulin. These results offer experimental support to earlier suggestions that one of the roles that the β-carbolines have is to offer protection against oxidative stress to the human tissues where they accumulate.

Carly

I am enjoying reading everyone’s experiences in this thread. Keep it going!
My 10-MEO-H arrived yesterday.
Very excited to trial it as a Cyproheptadine alternative to truly see if this gives the same rebound effect that reverses PSSD.

miles

After a month or so the benefits of this are pronounced. Less anxiety and worry despite troubling practicalities of the times. Partner has been away working for weeks but there has been unusual contentment in one’s own company and lack of loneliness. Thank you Haidut.

Mauritio

After a month or so the benefits of this are pronounced. Less anxiety and worry despite troubling practicalities of the times. Partner has been away working for weeks but there has been unusual contentment in one’s own company and lack of loneliness. Thank you Haidut.
I feel something similar. Feeling less robotic and serotonergic in general when I take it.
Went a week without it and the difference is definitely noticable. Also i feel like it has some androgenic benefits that are a nice side effect.
So I'm back at 1-2 drops orally.

Soren

Forum Supporter
I've noticed similar benefits.

Of all the anti serotonin I've have tried this has been the most effective in just feeling a general sense of calm and ability to handle pressure and not be as worn out by it.

johnwester130

I've noticed similar benefits.

Of all the anti serotonin I've have tried this has been the most effective in just feeling a general sense of calm and ability to handle pressure and not be as worn out by it.

how long does it last

I'd emailed @haidut after one of his podcasts with Danny where he'd mentioned that he was considering releasing 10-methoxy harmalan as an Idealabs product. Since it wasn't due to be out any time soon, he was kind enough to share his recipe with me. I then ordered some from Sigma Aldrich and took a few drops for a few weeks in the morning. Apart from making it harder to fall asleep at night and for my afternoon nap, its effects were rather subtle. At best I could notice that colors were somewhat brigher, although it should be said that I was expecting such an effect given its purported similarity to a certain psychedelic. I must confess that I was somewhat dissapointed that no hallucinogenic effects were to be had even with a 'few' extra drops. All this was quite a few months ago, and after a few weeks I simply forgot to keep taking it. Lately a family member was having issues with anxiety and poor digestion, and so I had them try it. It's a bit soon to tell but they certainly look forward to taking it, and their symptoms are somewhat better, though it's hard to say whether it's indeed the 10-methoxy harmalan. I've restarted taking it for a week now and the one thing I notice is that it makes me more trigger happy than usual while online shopping. Make of that what you will.

Shackles

I'd emailed @haidut after one of his podcasts with Danny where he'd mentioned that he was considering releasing 10-methoxy harmalan as an Idealabs product. Since it wasn't due to be out any time soon, he was kind enough to share his recipe with me. I then ordered some from Sigma Aldrich and took a few drops for a few weeks in the morning. Apart from making it harder to fall asleep at night and for my afternoon nap, its effects were rather subtle. At best I could notice that colors were somewhat brigher, although it should be said that I was expecting such an effect given its purported similarity to a certain psychedelic. I must confess that I was somewhat dissapointed that no hallucinogenic effects were to be had even with a 'few' extra drops. All this was quite a few months ago, and after a few weeks I simply forgot to keep taking it. Lately a family member was having issues with anxiety and poor digestion, and so I had them try it. It's a bit soon to tell but they certainly look forward to taking it, and their symptoms are somewhat better, though it's hard to say whether it's indeed the 10-methoxy harmalan. I've restarted taking it for a week now and the one thing I notice is that it makes me more trigger happy than usual while online shopping. Make of that what you will.
off topic question, how can you order from sigma aldrich? are you from the industry?

Soren

Forum Supporter
how long does it last

For me it lasts most of the day. I take 5 drops in the morning sometimes one or 2 drops in the afternoon/evening if I'm going to go out. I think there is a cumulative effect because in general after taking it for a few weeks I am a lot calmer.

Last edited:

satsumass

Forum Supporter
Have been experimenting and also have a sense it’s a powerful supplement. But I take a lot of stuff and can be hard to disambiguate effects. Curious others experience:

Anyone experience any weight gain?
Libido effects?
If you’ve tried high mg doses as well as low mcg doses, can you describe difference in effect?
Sleep effects?

dukesbobby777

I would love to find out it’s exact mechanism as I’m also a non-responder to this chemical. If it does work similar to tianeptine, then that might explain it. Because tianeptine also does very little for me.

satsumass

Forum Supporter
My guess — based on some research I did years ago regarding smoking addiction (because it is NOT nicotine that makes it addictive) — beta carbolines arw present in tobacco — that it’s primary mechanism of action in terms of noticeable effects are reversible and possibly irreversible MAO (probably more B than A) inhibition along with 5ht2 antagonism, and dooamine agonism as perhaps tertiary effect

LadyRae

Have been experimenting and also have a sense it’s a powerful supplement. But I take a lot of stuff and can be hard to disambiguate effects. Curious others experience:

Anyone experience any weight gain?
Libido effects?
If you’ve tried high mg doses as well as low mcg doses, can you describe difference in effect?
Sleep effects?
I'm taking 5 drops each morning under my tongue. The biggest Improvement I've found is with my sleep- I fall asleep easily at 8 or 9 pm, and if I awaken around 3 or 4am, I can go right back to sleep now. Sometimes I even sleep 8-9 hours without waking at all. I'm 44...

off topic question, how can you order from sigma aldrich? are you from the industry?
I work at a university so I can order it just as any other research chemical via a distributor. While i'm based in Southeast Asia, I don't see why Sigma/Merck would have any issue selling a substance which isn't otherwise controlled.

sugarisgreat

Me too! I love this stuff. I am consistently taking 5 drops under my tongue every morning with my sweet coffee?. My sleep has improved too. No more 2:30 am wake... I thought it was a fluke at first, but after a few days, I'll take it!
Are taking it with Pyrucet too (I read you took that on another thread)?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom