Mauritio

In contrast, the first study in the original post showed that serotonin receptor antagonism occurred at doses about 2-fold higher than LSD, which is used in microgram amounts, which achieve low-nanomolar concentrations in-vivo. So, roughly a factor of 1,000 as a buffer/preferentiality.
That's exactly what I was wondering about . Thanks.

I also found a study showing 6Meo/ 6OMe harmalan has low binding affinities for 5HT2c and even lower affinity for 5HT2a receptors ,which explains its low hallucinogenic properties.
Although I'm not sure what the (S.E.M.) in braces means.
20211103_085459.jpg
20211103_085519.jpg

shine

That's exactly what I was wondering about . Thanks.

I also found a study showing 6Meo/ 6OMe harmalan has low binding affinities for 5HT2c and even lower affinity for 5HT2a receptors ,which explains its low hallucinogenic properties.
Although I'm not sure what the (S.E.M.) in braces means.View attachment 29772 View attachment 29771

iso1

@haidut

Thanks for elaborate reply... Any recommendations in regards to shipping to UK ? does it matter which shipping method to choose ?

Last edited:

Ritchie

We can't comment on using this specific product in humans, as it is sold as a lab chemical, but considering the possibility of MOA-A inhibition mentioned above it is probably better to not mix methylene blue and generic 10-methoxy-harmalan.
Do you mean not mix as in same day usage? What about every other day ie one day MB one day 10-Methoxy-Harmalan? Or do you mean you should only use one or the other products consistently over a period of time?
(acknowledging your not for humans comment)

sun-maid

The chemical has already been discussed in another thread (see 1st link in References below), so this is just the announcement that it is now available for purchase.

The units listed on the label are just for measurement purposes. They do not indicate or suggest optimal dose. Please note that similar to the products sold by companies like BlueSky, this product if for lab/research use only. The product can be ordered from the link below:
http://www.idealabsdc.com/lab

A naturally occurring (e.g. in tobacco) β-carboline derivative, 10-methoxy-harmalan (10-MeO-Harmalan) has been shown to act as a serotonin antagonist both in-vitro and in-vivo, with a mechanism and potency similar to the ergot derivatives, but without their psychotropic/hallucinogenic effects. In addition, several studies suggest dopaminergic effects of most naturally occurring β-carbolines. The chemical is currently not known to be regulated/restricted and is available commercially from a number of major chemical vendors.

Drops per container: about 250
Each drop contains the following ingredients:

10-MeO-Harmalan: 100 mcg

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

References:
"...A common feature of the immune cells of mammals and insects is the occurrence of serotonin receptors. Qi et al. [15] identified 5-HT1B, 5-HT2B, and 5-HT7 receptor expression in naive insect hemocytes, but only 5-HT1B and 5-HT2B appeared to have functional roles. While blockade of 5-HT1B significantly reduced phagocytic ability, blockade of 5-HT2B increased hemocyte phagocytosis. Harman and norharman are antagonists of both type 5-HT1 and 5-HT2 serotonin receptors,.."

How would you compare the serotonin antagonist power of Cyproheptadine vs 10-MeO-Harmalan ? @haidut

iso1

How would you compare the serotonin antagonist power of Cyproheptadine vs 10-MeO-Harmalan ? @haidut
my 5 cents. I think there is not enough info out there to compare them objectively. Cypro is very dirty drug with unneccesary antagonism of d2 and muscarinic receptors

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Thanks for elaborate reply... Any recommendations in regards to shipping to UK ? does it matter which shipping method to choose ?

Either shipping options should work fine to UK.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
my 5 cents. I think there is not enough info out there to compare them objectively. Cypro is very dirty drug with unneccesary antagonism of d2 and muscarinic receptors

I agree - not enough data to compare then directly.
@sun-maid

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you mean not mix as in same day usage? What about every other day ie one day MB one day 10-Methoxy-Harmalan? Or do you mean you should only use one or the other products consistently over a period of time?
(acknowledging your not for humans comment)

I, personally, would not use them on the same day. Every other day was OK for me.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I need to try this ASAP!!!!

Hoping it will be an alternative to cyproheptadine.

I'm sending you an email @haidut

May be worth getting you back on my podcast to discuss this.

Thanks, we can try in a few weeks. Way too busy right now.

llian

@haidut , this product can help to treat autism if it has low affinity for 5-ht2c receptor? I remember you said that 5-ht2c is the main receptor that causes autistic symptoms, so this product can be helpful then or not? Thanks !

Soren

Forum Supporter
Here are the existing reviews:

And on this thread they discus 10MH as possible (and apparently very effective) treatment for Parkinson's.

Can't seem to find that reddit thread, seems to be blocked or deleted can anyone confirm? Thanks.

Update managed to get in, reddit had "quarantined" it aka blocked it unless you sign up.

Last edited:

Mauritio

Can't seem to find that reddit thread, seems to be blocked or deleted can anyone confirm? Thanks.

Update managed to get in, reddit had "quarantined" it aka blocked it unless you sign up.
I think it eventually led to this website .
There's a lot of reviews on 10MH and parkinsons

Risingfire

@haidut I get my 10 Methoxy today. I've heard Ray state you shouldn't take anti-serotonin drugs for a long period of time. Would you suggest the same for my rat? 3 weeks max?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom