1 Yr Cough

marsaday

Hi

I am asking for a friend about his cough.

I don't have much info such as bloods etc, but wondered if anyone had any idea of what may be happening here.

Male, aged 57, not a smoker or drinker and is fit and healthy and works as an engineer. He has had a cough which has lasted for over a year now. Just recently he has had some investigations and the doctors don't know the answer. The bloods are supposedly all ok, he has had an X-ray of the chest and no cancer issues have been flagged up.

Long shot i know, but any ideas will be looked into.

Douglas Ek

Hi

I am asking for a friend about his cough.

I don't have much info such as bloods etc, but wondered if anyone had any idea of what may be happening here.

Male, aged 57, not a smoker or drinker and is fit and healthy and works as an engineer. He has had a cough which has lasted for over a year now. Just recently he has had some investigations and the doctors don't know the answer. The bloods are supposedly all ok, he has had an X-ray of the chest and no cancer issues have been flagged up.

My brother had/has something similair. Cant take dry air or air conditioners either. Always cough because of that could be allergic or irritating stuff in the air hes hyper sensitive to. If bloodwork looks good and lungs look ok I wouldnt worry. But good to keep looking out for changes or apperance of more symptoms and in that case investigate further or arrange new tests.

yerrag

I had a problem with a cough that just won't go away. I wasn't coughing all the time, but when I talk my passages get irritated and I would have a cough that is extended, like a whooping cough but not quite.

I made sure I slept enough. But it didn't help. It lasted about 2 months. It wasn't until I checked and corrected my acid base balance that it started me back to resolving the cough. At that time, I was taking magnesium chloride as a supplement. When I realized it was a constant acidic load, I stopped it. In about 2 weeks, my cough was gone.

During this time, my metabolism was low also. I experienced lower temperatures and lower heart rate. When my metabolism improved, so did my immunity, as well as my reduced susceptibility to allergens. Increasing metabolism helps make our body tougher and less sensitive to allergens. I think the cough is a response also to allergens.

Layne

Hi @marsaday -- Very nice of you to look into this for a friend. I got perhaps the worst "chest cold" I'd ever gotten about a year ago, and the persistent cough that came with it was hanging on for months. I eventually started doing some HBOT sessions (for other health reasons), and lo and behold, the cough cleared after about 2-3 sessions. Couldn't believe how they made such a rapid improvement. My best guess is it was a lingering low-grade infection (which are often hard to detect and diagnose).

HBOT sessions are rarely covered by insurance, but a person can do what's called mild HBOT (mHBOT) for fairly reasonable rates of around $50-$100 each. I ended up getting so much benefit out of my sessions, that I eventually bought my own. Some areas also rent out these units for approx. $600/month or so. Some kind of inhalation of essential oils might also be a possibility. -- Good luck to your friend on clearing up his cough!

OP
M

marsaday

LPR.

Plenty of info on the forum. Search LPR

I have found this term now and my friend mentioned it could be acid reflux.

I wonder if milk would help with this condition ?

Last edited:

Lilac

In my life, I have experienced several small chronic health problems. A post-nasal drip situation following bad bronchitis is the one that springs to mind. It went on for years, and eventually went away. But that was before I was reading Peat's ideas about metabolism, thyroid function, and gut health. Today I would advise anyone with a chronic low-level problem to implement Peat's basics--weekly liver, orange juice, sunlight, avoid PUFA, etc. See if you can improve your body's strength enough to heal.

In the middle of winter, the problem could be worse. Take advantage of the spring and summer to move forward.

GAF

Milk and any other mucus forming foods can be a problem.

Famotidine and benzocaine cough drops or oragel and frankinsense essential oil can help, as well as sleeping on left side and keeping mouth shut when breathing.

TradClare

This is a long shot but I used to drink hibiscus tea and it took me months to figure out if was causing a constant need to cough. It has some kind of natural ACE inhibitor that causes the same side effect in some people. I am sure the doctor would know if he's on a medication with that side effect, but make sure he's not drinking any herbal blends with hibiscus.

achillea

Allicin C'''''32 capsules worth of allicin in one capsule. Allicin has been known for thousands of years to be good for the lungs.
I get mine from garlic wise

tara

I expect there are many possiblitities. One is low CO2 levels leaving the airways prone to chronic irritation and increased mucus.
AIUI, there are a number of people who have found various techniques for raising CO2 by reducing breathing helpful.
I've found it helpful to focus on keeping mouth shut, including at night (eg with chin strap etc if necessary), and short breath holds or other breathing exercises.
Here's one approach:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals