1-on-1 Coaching?

lampofred

First off, I came here asking for forum members who offered coaching, not a fancy program of "new fad diet" guru.

You are only mentioning the extremes: a researcher like Ray who gives information out for free vs. "the greedy coaches" who will do anything to make money at the expense of anything, including health. There is a huge continuum in between.

Coaches who are inspired by the work of Dr Peat don't fall in any of those categories, by the way. At least the ones that have been recommended so far. Happy to hear if you have a counterexample.

Lastly, I am a consultant (in a totally different field) and the last thing I would consider myself is greedy or uncaring. I really do care about my clients and I want the best for them. I don't know which business school you attended but that's a pretty sad view. I recommend you look into the concept of "win-win situation" and if I can recommend a read, "How to Win Friends and Influence People", as horrible as the title is, it's an excellent book on the aforementioned concept.

Look man I didn't mean to offend you. I was just stating my observations. From personal experience, a true "win-win" situation is rare. Most small business owners I know don't care at all about truly offering unique value and instead just take things that are hard to find and sell them with clever copywriting at a higher price to make a quick buck. The few companies that do rise to the top do offer real value (Google is a prime example) but companies like that are hard to find in niche areas like this where margins are effortlessly high.

Also I don't know if you have your own consulting firm or if you work as a consultant. If you own your own firm, sorry for offending you and know that I said "most" not "all" consultants. However, if you work as a consultant, I would say an analogy would be working as a doctor... Doctors are overwhelmingly good people, but the medical/pharmaceutical industry cares more about profit than health. Similarly, consultants are good people, and extending this to other careers, bankers are good people, but consulting firms and big banks as a whole care more about their own profits than client success.

Because we live in a capitalist society, that's not a problem in the cases of consulting firms and banks, but it is a problem when taking about the medical and pharmaceutical industries in which people's lives just become statistics and error margins.

jitsmonkey

like anything else there are good people out there willing to help and be helpful
there are others who are vile in their behavior

asking for and seeking help from another is perfectly fine.

you've gotten some good suggestions.
I wish you well.

OP
frant26

frant26

Look man I didn't mean to offend you. I was just stating my observations. From personal experience, a true "win-win" situation is rare. Most small business owners I know don't care at all about truly offering unique value and instead just take things that are hard to find and sell them with clever copywriting at a higher price to make a quick buck. The few companies that do rise to the top do offer real value (Google is a prime example) but companies like that are hard to find in niche areas like this where margins are effortlessly high.

Also I don't know if you have your own consulting firm or if you work as a consultant. If you own your own firm, sorry for offending you and know that I said "most" not "all" consultants. However, if you work as a consultant, I would say an analogy would be working as a doctor... Doctors are overwhelmingly good people, but the medical/pharmaceutical industry cares more about profit than health. Similarly, consultants are good people, and extending this to other careers, bankers are good people, but consulting firms and big banks as a whole care more about their own profits than client success.

Because we live in a capitalist society, that's not a problem in the cases of consulting firms and banks, but it is a problem when taking about the medical and pharmaceutical industries in which people's lives just become statistics and error margins.

No offense taken, man! I'm an independent consultant, fwiw. And it's perhaps my biased view because I have friends who have the same caring view of business. And it does work for them.

Okay, I now get your point, and totally agree that organizations might be evil while their members individually are honest/good people. It's weird how that works. I have been curious about this for years. There is probably a magic number of people in an organization (probably around 5, lol) that when exceeded, f*** everything up.

As a side note, I think Google is one of the most evil companies on Earth. They have this "hidden" business model of farming people and selling their private information.

OP
frant26

frant26

like anything else there are good people out there willing to help and be helpful
there are others who are vile in their behavior

asking for and seeking help from another is perfectly fine.

you've gotten some good suggestions.
I wish you well.

Thank you @jitsmonkey , I definitely got some great suggestions and I appreciate your messages!

I am everything but lazy. Some people like to call you things without really knowing you, but, whatever.

I came across this thread: https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/notes-from-a-consulation-with-dr-ray-peat.352/ , apparently Ray Peat does consultations where he gives specific health advice :-o

jitsmonkey

I know he responds to the occasional email but I don't know if he does much "consulting" anymore

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals