1-on-1 Coaching?

frant26

For years, I have read tons of posts in this forum, experimented with different foods and supplements but I can't figure this out.

Nothing seems to create a lasting change; I'm every year a little worse (both by how I feel and by lab numbers) and I have great difficulty telling which things do me well. And the more I read, the more confused, and the less motivation to follow through a certain diet.

I need someone experienced to listen to me and give me personlized advice based on Ray's ideas.

Do you know if any forum members offer (paid) 1-on-1 coaching? Please reply or DM me. I appreciate it!

keith

Zpol

http://eastwesthealing.com/
I did 1 on 1 counseling with the Rubins (the owners). Although they didn't solve all my problems, they were definitely a big help.

They have several recorded radio shows with Ray Peat you can find online.

Adnada

I skyped with Benedicte M. Lerche 3 years ago and was wholly disappointed. I was actually surprised she took my money when we were finished. I had already tried everything she recommended, and she offered no new insight. I would tell her "I have this symptom, and I tried this", and she would say, "Yes, that is a good thing to try". I myself have listened to all of the RP interviews, some 2-3 times, read a dozen of his articles and his book from PMS to Menopause, and I've listened/read most Danny Roddy stuff. So while I do have a little bit of info in my mind, I have no science background and (to this day) need help interpreting my particular combo of symptoms. I do not recommend Lerche unless you are a total newbie to Peat.

OP
frant26

frant26

Thank you for your answers! I will get in touch with them. It would be great to have a resource where all these coaches/advisers are listed.

theLaw

For years, I have read tons of posts in this forum, experimented with different foods and supplements but I can't figure this out.

Nothing seems to create a lasting change; I'm every year a little worse (both by how I feel and by lab numbers) and I have great difficulty telling which things do me well. And the more I read, the more confused, and the less motivation to follow through a certain diet.

I need someone experienced to listen to me and give me personlized advice based on Ray's ideas.

Do you know if any forum members offer (paid) 1-on-1 coaching? Please reply or DM me. I appreciate it!

I would suggest going back to the basics of the following issues:

1. Digestion (Zero Starch/Potato Juice/Cypro/Caffeine)

2. Liver Health (high-dose Caffeine/K2/

3. PUFA detox (low fat + other sups to limit FFAs)

I'm willing to bet that you'll get the best advice by posting your complete diet + labs here, and asking for help.

Just my $.02:D

lampofred

Most "coaches" with "programs" and fancy websites are just businesspeople looking to make some money first and help with your health second. No one cares as much about your health as yourself. Better to ask people who will help you for free (such as on this site) because those people are actually interested in helping or to ask people who do research primarily and coaching/consulting as a minor secondary activity (like Dr. Peat). Going to business school has taught me how greedy/uncaring the majority of consultants and businesspeople are.

LukeL

Danny Roddy is a Ray Peat encyclopedia and is wonderful to talk to. I've been a 'client' for over a year now and he has been incredibly helpful on my road back to health

Bodhi

I do free coaching for friends based on my experiences and studies....
I am a licenced complementary medicine person but i find myself never good enough this is why i did not set up a business out of it.. BTW all the studies, programs and courses i have followed made me very wary of alternative health care providers, coaches and healers.... Most of what they know is allot of assumptions
For example i followed a western medical foundation program and most therapist who attended were all fiercely against sugar, milk and meat without any science behind it, merely emotions..........

What is your health concern?

B

Braveheart

I'm willing to bet that you'll get the best advice by posting your complete diet + labs here, and asking for help.

!!

just pay danny roddy... he's one of most intune due to having to relieve stress of hair loss, which i think forces you to be "perfect" in your approach. ;)

OP
frant26

frant26

Danny Roddy is a Ray Peat encyclopedia and is wonderful to talk to. I've been a 'client' for over a year now and he has been incredibly helpful on my road back to health

just pay danny roddy... he's one of most intune due to having to relieve stress of hair loss, which i think forces you to be "perfect" in your approach. ;)

Yeah, Danny would be an option, I should've thought of him. I think I read he was booked out but I should ask him. Thanks guys.

I do free coaching for friends based on my experiences and studies....
I am a licenced complementary medicine person but i find myself never good enough this is why i did not set up a business out of it.. BTW all the studies, programs and courses i have followed made me very wary of alternative health care providers, coaches and healers.... Most of what they know is allot of assumptions
For example i followed a western medical foundation program and most therapist who attended were all fiercely against sugar, milk and meat without any science behind it, merely emotions..........

What is your health concern?

Hey Bodhi, I was specifically asking for coaches who are in tune with Ray's ideas and several people messaged me with great suggestions! I am hypothyroid and what mostly bothers me is bloating/weight gain and bad hair/skin; along with the occasional fatigue and feelings of being spaced out, and a long list of other minor symptoms.

OP
frant26

frant26

Thank you @theLaw , that looks like a solid strategy.

Please let me emphasize that this forum has been a tremendously valuable resource for me, I learned TONS and I'm very grateful for that. There are so many wonderful people giving out advice and teaching each other.

In spite of that, I can't follow through with many of the suggestions given here (or, actually, I do, but I am a bit confused at times). The main reason being that I am a bit disorganized and I keep reading threads, and so much information is overwhelming and frustrating. When you try so many different things like eating a certain way, or taking certain supplement that worked for someone, and you never feel any LASTING change, or not even an improvement in the lab numbers, it can quickly get demotivating. So I bounce to the next idea, and maybe a supplement I didn't try before. Then, I have days where I'm out and about and can't supplement, or I eat different things.

I can easily tell when a food has PUFA, but I suck at counting calories and logging everything in Cronometer all the time is a pain. Setting up a routine, observing, measuring, etc and in general being persistent is a struggle.

On top of that, many foods and supplements that are recommended here are INACCESSIBLE from where I live. Those of you who live in the USA, you can't imagine how fortunate you are with such easy access to so many different things. (A blessing that might also be a curse, but that's another topic.)

So that's it. I don't want to blindly swallow whatever a guru tells me I should do. I need someone who can offer a helping hand, someone I can regularly TALK to and ask a million questions if I need to, and compensating their effort by paying them money. I appreciate everybody's time here and of course I can't expect anyone here to closely follow my health issues and answer when I need it... for free. That would be terribly selfish. Setting up regular sessions with a coach might just be what I need.

EDIT: Forgot to mention something important: I have a lot of difficulty connecting the ingestion of a given substance, to the effect it has in my body. Besides some basics, like: coffee and liver make me warmer, I'm clueless. I am hoping this is something that can be learned through coaching, as well.

Last edited:

theLaw

Please let me emphasize that this forum has been a tremendously valuable resource for me, I learned TONS and I'm very grateful for that. There are so many wonderful people giving out advice and teaching each other.

In spite of that, I can't follow through with many of the suggestions given here. The main reason being that I am a bit disorganized and I keep reading threads, and so much information is overwhelming and frustrating. When you try so many different things like eating a certain way, or taking certain supplement that worked for someone, and you never feel any LASTING change, or not even an improvement in the lab numbers, it can quickly get demotivating. So I bounce to the next idea, and maybe a supplement I didn't try before. Then, I have days where I'm out and about and can't supplement, or I eat different things.

I can easily tell when a food has PUFA, but I suck at counting calories and logging everything in Cronometer all the time is a pain. Setting up a routine, observing, measuring, etc and in general being persistent is a struggle.

On top of that, many foods and supplements that are recommended here are INACCESSIBLE from where I live. Those of you who live in the USA, you can't imagine how fortunate you are with such easy access to so many different things. (A blessing that might also be a curse, but that's another topic.)

So that's it. I don't want to blindly swallow whatever a guru tells me I should do. I need someone who can offer a helping hand, someone I can regularly TALK to and ask a million questions if I need to, and compensating their effort by paying them money. I appreciate everybody's time here and of course I can't expect anyone here to closely follow my health issues and answer when I need it... for free. That would be terribly selfish. Setting up regular sessions with a coach might just be what I need.

Hey Frant26,

Based on what you wrote above, you aren't looking for advice, but to outsource your nutrition to an outside source or individual; this is completely antithetical to Ray Peat's philosophy.

You don't want to "blindly follow" a guru, but you also don't want to take personal responsibility for your health.

At this point no dietary advice or protocol is going to help you.

Ray Peat is not for everyone.

Best of luck to you!:cigar:

OP
frant26

frant26

Hey Frant26,

Based on what you wrote above, you aren't looking for advice, but to outsource your nutrition to an outside source or individual; this is completely antithetical to Ray Peat's philosophy.

You don't want to "blindly follow" a guru, but you also don't want to take personal responsibility for your health.

At this point no dietary advice or protocol is going to help you.

Ray Peat is not for everyone.

Best of luck to you!:cigar:

You are being a bit too dramatic and taking Dr Peat too literally. For that matter, following help offered here is definitely "outsourcing your nutrition to an outside source", and the best example is if I started taking Cypro because @theLaw told me it's good for digestion.

I want someone to help me in a different format than a forum, I fail to see what is wrong with that. I need some help structuring/organizing myself, doing some health brainstorming, follow ups, etc, over the telephone.

OP
frant26

frant26

Most "coaches" with "programs" and fancy websites are just businesspeople looking to make some money first and help with your health second. No one cares as much about your health as yourself. Better to ask people who will help you for free (such as on this site) because those people are actually interested in helping or to ask people who do research primarily and coaching/consulting as a minor secondary activity (like Dr. Peat). Going to business school has taught me how greedy/uncaring the majority of consultants and businesspeople are.

First off, I came here asking for forum members who offered coaching, not a fancy program of "new fad diet" guru.

You are only mentioning the extremes: a researcher like Ray who gives information out for free vs. "the greedy coaches" who will do anything to make money at the expense of anything, including health. There is a huge continuum in between.

Coaches who are inspired by the work of Dr Peat don't fall in any of those categories, by the way. At least the ones that have been recommended so far. Happy to hear if you have a counterexample.

Lastly, I am a consultant (in a totally different field) and the last thing I would consider myself is greedy or uncaring. I really do care about my clients and I want the best for them. I don't know which business school you attended but that's a pretty sad view. I recommend you look into the concept of "win-win situation" and if I can recommend a read, "How to Win Friends and Influence People", as horrible as the title is, it's an excellent book on the aforementioned concept.

theLaw

You are being a bit too dramatic and taking Dr Peat too literally. For that matter, following help offered here is definitely "outsourcing your nutrition to an outside source", and the best example is if I started taking Cypro because @theLaw told me it's good for digestion.

I want someone to help me in a different format than a forum, I fail to see what is wrong with that. I need some help structuring/organizing myself, doing some health brainstorming, follow ups, etc, over the telephone.

This has nothing to do with Peat, but with your abdication of personal responsibility of your own health.

Here are all the instances where you evade responsibility in your post:

In spite of that, I can't follow through with many of the suggestions given here. The main reason being that I am a bit disorganized and I keep reading threads, and so much information is overwhelming and frustrating. When you try so many different things like eating a certain way, or taking certain supplement that worked for someone, and you never feel any LASTING change, or not even an improvement in the lab numbers, it can quickly get demotivating. So I bounce to the next idea, and maybe a supplement I didn't try before. Then, I have days where I'm out and about and can't supplement, or I eat different things.

So just to recap:

-You can't follow through (actually, you refuse to follow through)

-You're disorganized

-Can't supplement if it's in any way inconvenient (again, not can't, but won't)

-Suck at basic math + lazy

-Lack persistence

Nobody can help you............if you refuse to help yourself!:eek:

OP
frant26

frant26

This has nothing to do with Peat, but with your abdication of personal responsibility of your own health.

Here are all the instances where you evade responsibility in your post:

So just to recap:

-You can't follow through (actually, you refuse to follow through)

-You're disorganized

-Can't supplement if it's in any way inconvenient (again, not can't, but won't)

-Suck at basic math + lazy

-Lack persistence

Nobody can help you............if you refuse to help yourself!:eek:

You are 100% right. Invaluable help.