1 Liter Of Cow Milk At Once in the morning Ok ? hypercalcemia ?

Beastmode

I can get 48 oz of milk in a 2.5-3 hour range as my first intake with ease. They're mixed in a total of 3 latte's and sugar.

I think the warmth of the milk makes it much easier to consume this much.

Unless you have some sort of super ****88 up cancer metabolism, you're not going to get hypercalcemia from eating a lot of calcium. You'll be sh***ing the calcium out before that happens

Hgreen56

Unless you have some sort of super ****88 up cancer metabolism, you're not going to get hypercalcemia from eating a lot of calcium. You'll be sh***ing the calcium out before that happens
Hypercalcemia is caused by:
  • Overactive parathyroid glands (hyperparathyroidism). This most common cause of hypercalcemia can stem from a small, noncancerous (benign) tumor or enlargement of one or more of the four parathyroid glands.
  • Cancer. Lung cancer and breast cancer, as well as some blood cancers, can increase your risk of hypercalcemia. Spread of cancer (metastasis) to your bones also increases your risk.
  • Other diseases. Certain diseases, such as tuberculosis and sarcoidosis, can raise blood levels of vitamin D, which stimulates your digestive tract to absorb more calcium.
  • Hereditary factors. A rare genetic disorder known as familial hypocalciuric hypercalcemia causes an increase of calcium in your blood because of faulty calcium receptors in your body. This condition doesn't cause symptoms or complications of hypercalcemia.
  • Immobility. People who have a condition that causes them to spend a lot of time sitting or lying down can develop hypercalcemia. Over time, bones that don't bear weight release calcium into the blood.
  • Severe dehydration. A common cause of mild or transient hypercalcemia is dehydration. Having less fluid in your blood causes a rise in calcium concentrations.
  • Medications. Certain drugs — such as lithium, used to treat bipolar disorder — might increase the release of parathyroid hormone.
  • Supplements. Taking excessive amounts of calcium or vitamin D supplements over time can raise calcium levels in your blood above normal.

equipoise

I don't see a problem at all, nor do I see a problem with ingesting that much liquid first thing in the morning.

I don't see a problem at all, nor do I see a problem with ingesting that much liquid first thing in the morning.
This past month I have been getting my 4 glasses of milk via lattes out of the way throughout the morning, as some have suggested, and i am feeling like my digestive juices are too weak for my later meal. I am not sure i wanna keep this up. I feel like the liquids work well as an overall diet, but throwing a steak "wrench" in the mix not so much. I feel like all the liquids WITH solids are making me heavier.

This past month I have been getting my 4 glasses of milk via lattes out of the way throughout the morning, as some have suggested, and i am feeling like my digestive juices are too weak for my later meal. I am not sure i wanna keep this up. I feel like the liquids work well as an overall diet, but throwing a steak "wrench" in the mix not so much. I feel like all the liquids WITH solids are making me feel heavier.

OP
Apple

Apple

This past month I have been getting my 4 glasses of milk via lattes out of the way throughout the morning, as some have suggested, and i am feeling like my digestive juices are too weak for my later meal. I am not sure i wanna keep this up. I feel like the liquids work well as an overall diet, but throwing a steak "wrench" in the mix not so much. I feel like all the liquids WITH solids are making me heavier.
I feel ok drinking a good portion of milk in the morning and some fruit in 30 min but I may restrict it to 0.5L for now. In the morning I'm all sedentary , what a waste of calcium. I think more active people assimilate calcium much better. Though I don't know really how active Ray Peat is... Does brain activity require lots of calcium ?

I feel ok drinking a good portion of milk in the morning and some fruit in 30 min but I may restrict it to 0.5L for now. In the morning I'm all sedentary , what a waste of calcium. I think more active people assimilate calcium much better. Though I don't know really how active Ray Peat is... Does brain activity require lots of calcium ?
I am with you Apollo, needing more answers to calcium questions. I don't have issues with with dairy, but I do feel it makes me feel heavier with so much of it. I think I will cut back a bit with you and maybe I will feel lighter on my feet.

SOMO

If morning milk makes you cold, try heating it in a pan or microwave first.
Warm milk is much more filling than cold milk.

Anyway OP, you're not going to get hypercalcemia from milk, but you could get hypercalcemia from Vitamin D supplementation.

T

tca300

At least once per day for the last ~4 years I've drank 2 liters within a 20 - 30 min time period. I've died twice from it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with you Apollo, needing more answers to calcium questions. I don't have issues with with dairy, but I do feel it makes me feel heavier with so much of it. I think I will cut back a bit with you and maybe I will feel lighter on my feet.

I have since switched a good portion of my milk consumption to nonfat and I don't feel that heaviness that I did with the whole milk!

OP
Apple

Apple

If morning milk makes you cold, try heating it in a pan or microwave first.
Warm milk is much more filling than cold milk.

Anyway OP, you're not going to get hypercalcemia from milk, but you could get hypercalcemia from Vitamin D supplementation.
Usually 1% milk is fortified with vit D/A. But I guess that's not a big deal.
Sometimes I drink cold milk, I got an impression that cold milk passes more slowly which gives more time for lactose to be digested before reaching colon (less farting)...similar to ice cream or milkshake, nobody complains about cold ice cream :))

Last edited:

rei

1 liter is perfectly fine. I used to drink 1 liter during one meal when i did OMAD. It's good to keep things in perspective. One liter is just over 2 calcium tablets worth of calcium.

OP
Apple

Apple

At least once per day for the last ~4 years I've drank 2 liters within a 20 - 30 min time period. I've died twice from it though.
Seriously? 2 liters... Why would you do it? Are you living in a hot climate ?

Last edited:
Adding salt to the milk makes it less hypotonic and is the key to drinking large bolus of milk.

Last edited:

SOMO

Adding salt to the milk makes it less hypertonic and is the key to drinking large bolus of milk.

+1, also makes it more savory. I also mix my Cordyceps and Chaga mushroom powder with my milk and it makes a nice mushroom soup.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals