Milk, milk and some more milk

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
If you allow for adding sugar and glycine to the milk then I have done this for 3 days. I get very hot and actually crazy hungry. Probably hypermetabolic a bit. I consume at least 4 liters per day of the half fat milk. I also drink coffee during this time. I highly recommend trying adding sugar to milk if you feel just milk isn't cutting it.
Apart from feeling hungry did you actually notice any benefits??
I’m at a stage where I really don’t like getting super hungry. I don’t mind a bit for a while but going to sleep feeling hungry etc is the worst!!

Dr. B

I took this product which contains glutamine and it didn’t help:

Goldenseal and George’s Always Active aloe vera juice helped, but what I really needed was to clear the overgrowth and start supplementing with thyroid, since thyroid disease is what caused the SIBO in the first place.

I also consumed dairy fat, coconut oil and chocolate, but they didn’t help, either. In fact, dairy fat made it worse and Ray told me in an email that some people have a hard time digesting dairy fat so he recommends low-fat dairy.

If someone has a true milk allergy, I’m not sure cooking would make milk more tolerable but in terms of digestibility, maybe curdling, say with animal rennet, and culturing, would be a way of pre-digesting milk? I tolerated ultra-pasteurized better than raw when I had SIBO, I suspect because the bacteria in raw milk added to the overgrowth. Ray referred to ultra-pasteurized milk as sterile in an interview and I’d have to agree, given my experience.
one of the posts said slow braised lamb digests easily because of the cooking. you know that lamb shank where the meat is falling off the bone?

how do you think low temperature pasteurization affects digestion?
in the US there's ultra pasteurization which is like 280 degrees for like 3 seconds... there is standard pasteurization which is 161 degrees for 15 seconds... then there's also "low temp pasteurization" which is 140 degrees or 145 degrees for 30 minutes...
do you think those low temp vat pasteurized milks digest worse, or better? and what is their bacteria count like? some farms say low temp pasteurized milks retain more bacteria and enzymes.
also what is "vat pasteurization" what makes that better...

baccheion

There's a book featuring an all-milk approach. 1.5 ounces per pound of 1% milk (assumes 16% body fat). Add iron if needed based on labs. And I'd add some vitamin K2.

Try without any added salt. If still needing it, also add 1 ounce liver.

Someone on this forum has lived on 99% milk for years.

Dr. B

There's a book featuring an all-milk approach. 1.5 ounces per pound of 1% milk (assumes 16% body fat). Add iron if needed based on labs. And I'd add some vitamin K2.

Try without any added salt. If still needing it, also add 1 ounce liver.

Someone on this forum has lived on 99% milk for years.
who is that?
1.5 ounces of what, 1.5 oz liver per pound of milk?
in some places you cant get low fat milk unless it has propylene glycol and polysorbate 80 added. even the highest quality milks cause digestive issues ans side effects if you have the ones with propylene glycol and polysorbate 80
is pink salt good to add?

Jennifer

one of the posts said slow braised lamb digests easily because of the cooking. you know that lamb shank where the meat is falling off the bone?

how do you think low temperature pasteurization affects digestion?
in the US there's ultra pasteurization which is like 280 degrees for like 3 seconds... there is standard pasteurization which is 161 degrees for 15 seconds... then there's also "low temp pasteurization" which is 140 degrees or 145 degrees for 30 minutes...
do you think those low temp vat pasteurized milks digest worse, or better? and what is their bacteria count like? some farms say low temp pasteurized milks retain more bacteria and enzymes.
also what is "vat pasteurization" what makes that better...

Yeah, I imagine it would digest fairly easily cooked via the braising method or maybe even sous vide.

I think it depends on the person’s state of health and their own bacteria. Low temp pasteurized milk was terrible for me when I still had SIBO and gastritis, but is fine for me now. Supposedly, with vat pasteurization, LTLT (low temp long time) kills off harmful bacteria, but doesn’t destroy the enzymes, proteins, “good” bacteria or its flavor whereas, ultra-pasteurized is essentially sterile milk.

I think baccheion may be referring to tca300.

Dr. B

Yeah, I imagine it would digest fairly easily cooked via the braising method or maybe even sous vide.

I think it depends on the person’s state of health and their own bacteria. Low temp pasteurized milk was terrible for me when I still had SIBO and gastritis, but is fine for me now. Supposedly, with vat pasteurization, LTLT (low temp long time) kills off harmful bacteria, but doesn’t destroy the enzymes, proteins, “good” bacteria or its flavor whereas, ultra-pasteurized is essentially sterile milk.

I think baccheion may be referring to tca300.
but what im wondering is
280 degrees for 3 seconds, 161 degrees for 15 seconds, these are such short timings, and 145 degrees for 30 minutes, the temperature is barely below 161 degrees, yet the amount of pasteurizing time is like astronomically greater. just that amount of cooking time id imagine wouldnt it have a similar effect to slow cooking lamb.
was raw milk worse for you than low temp pasteurized milk?
what should be done to fix sibo and gastritis? can you continue drinking milk but just use antibiotics or charcoal or berberine or what should be used to resolve SIBO.
the low temp pasteurized milks seem to taste best. i think it's the slow cooking method that does something to the flavor profile, that regular pasteurization doesnt do.

baccheion

who is that?
1.5 ounces of what, 1.5 oz liver per pound of milk?
in some places you cant get low fat milk unless it has propylene glycol and polysorbate 80 added. even the highest quality milks cause digestive issues ans side effects if you have the ones with propylene glycol and polysorbate 80
is pink salt good to add?
1.5 ounces milk per pound at 16% body fat (1% lactose-free in my case). 1 ounce liver if still needing added salt.

Last edited:

Dr. B

1.5 ounces milk per pound at 16% body fat (1% lactose-free in my case). 1 ounce liver if still needing added salt.
you mean eating liver with added salt or does liver have lots of sodium?
wouldnt that be too much milk?
why do you use lactose free milk, isnt it needed?
milk has 1g protein per ounce, so 1.5 ounces would be like a massive amount of protein no...?

baccheion

you mean eating liver with added salt or does liver have lots of sodium?
wouldnt that be too much milk?
why do you use lactose free milk, isnt it needed?
milk has 1g protein per ounce, so 1.5 ounces would be like a massive amount of protein no...?
If needing to add salt to milk, also start taking 1 ounce of liver.

Not too much. Go to gym and get built.

I need it lactose-free.

It'll be 1.5 grams protein per pound.

Jennifer

but what im wondering is
280 degrees for 3 seconds, 161 degrees for 15 seconds, these are such short timings, and 145 degrees for 30 minutes, the temperature is barely below 161 degrees, yet the amount of pasteurizing time is like astronomically greater. just that amount of cooking time id imagine wouldnt it have a similar effect to slow cooking lamb.
was raw milk worse for you than low temp pasteurized milk?
what should be done to fix sibo and gastritis? can you continue drinking milk but just use antibiotics or charcoal or berberine or what should be used to resolve SIBO.
the low temp pasteurized milks seem to taste best. i think it's the slow cooking method that does something to the flavor profile, that regular pasteurization doesnt do.

Well, if going by slow braised lamb as an example, some feel that raw meat is easier to digest so cooking milk may not make it more digestible. Yes, raw milk was worse for me than low temp pasteurized because of the bacteria. Same with cultured/fermented dairy. Yogurt was the worst and it was pasteurized so…

I continued consuming dairy while taking an antibiotic (Minocycline)—I even logged about it on the forum—and it didn’t work. I ended up being on the antibiotic for over 6 months because every time I tried going off it, my symptoms would return but were far worse than they were prior to taking the Minocycline.

As far as fixing SIBO, I essentially starved bacteria of their food supply by consuming foods that were easy for me to digest and as low in fiber and starch as possible, which was mainly glycine rich seafood like scallops and fish broth, fresh pressed fruit juice that I filtered through a coffee filter, and coconut fat.

That’s interesting. Have you done a taste comparison using the same source of milk? When I pasteurize the raw cow’s milk I get from the farm, it tastes just like it does raw. Only the goat’s milk tastes different (a little musky) when I pasteurize it.

Samya

Thanks again for posting the link to this interview as it was quite interesting.

After listening to the interview perhaps I would run into issues with iron deficiency living off milk alone. I know the most famous milk based diet culture the Maasai sometimes drink blood, apparently they favor milk above all but in the dry season when milk production is reduced they mix it with blood, then also eat meat occasionally, both of which would replenish iron. I also read that blood is always given to children and women around pregnancy, perhaps over generations they've learned that milk alone is not enough.

Bernarr McFadden was one of the milk diet gurus who had the following to say about iron, however I don't believe he had anyone on the milk diet for very long periods.

The iron of milk is very small in amount (only 0.00024 per cent). Yet it is rapidly absorbed and completely utilized. So that, notwithstanding the small amount of iron taken into the system with milk, the improvement in the iron content of the blood is often more marked and much more rapid than while taking meat and other iron-forming foods.

Time and again an increase of from fifty to seventy per cent in the hemoglobin of the blood in anemic individuals has been observed.

In fact, on the basis of from twelve to fifteen milligrams of iron per day being required to replace the “iron loss” of the system, and on the basis that there are .24 milligrams of iron in each 100 grams of milk, five or six quarts of milk per day will supply the amount of iron needed each day by the human system.

Here's Ray's quote from the interview when asked about an 8 day milk cleanse:

“Sometimes it's extended to a month and it can be very powerful because the milk contains antibiotic ingredients and multiple anti-inflammatory, sedative, as well as nutritional substances and really the only thing it lacks to live on for a year is iron. An adult living on pure milk for more than a month is likely to start noticing an iron deficiency.

It's just profoundly therapeutic to do it for a week or more, up to a month.

And since stress generally increases inflammation and that turns on angiotensin system that activates the adrenals and the aldosterone, and that activates the parathyroid glands, and parathyroid turns off respiratory energy production as a way of hiding from stress. The way serotonin is closely involved in aldosterone and parathyroid hormone, and serotonin is an important factor in turning on hibernation, turning off metabolic energy, and since high calcium intake turns off the parathyroid gland it restores energy production. Most people are running around stressed to the degree that their parathyroid, angiotensin, aldosterone, serotonin systems are unnecessarily active and so it is equivalent to being hypothyroid, when the stress turns off your metabolism it does exactly what hypothyroidism does, and calcium in sufficient amounts like on a pure milk diet, that's going to very strongly inhibit your parathyroid hormone, meaning that it very strongly increases your metabolic rate, gets your liver active, providing stabilised glucose and detoxifying processes, so that any accumulated toxins from your fat and other tissues will be very efficiently detoxified and excreted. So a pure milk diet is very similar to giving adequate thyroid supplementation to get the whole energy system and detoxifying system going again.”

Ray then goes on to tell a story about a friends dog, which was injured in a fight where the dogs eyeball was bitten, the eyeball deflated and disappeard leaving an empty red socket. Then on a pure milk diet the eyeball regrew over 6-8 weeks.

Last edited:

DrJ

Apart from feeling hungry did you actually notice any benefits??
I’m at a stage where I really don’t like getting super hungry. I don’t mind a bit for a while but going to sleep feeling hungry etc is the worst!!
Yeah, high body temperature, good energy level and good mental focus. I would worry more that never feeling hungry is a sign of bad liver function or other problems.

Goldenseal and George’s Always Active aloe vera juice helped, but what I really needed was to clear the overgrowth and start supplementing with thyroid, since thyroid disease is what caused the SIBO in the first place.
Hey Jennifer, so glad about your improvement. I was at the similar stage a few month ago but then I regressed badly after consuming cynoplus and cynomel which made me bleed out of the intestine for few weeks, make my eczema flare up because of the damage in the intestine and many other problems and I am still recovering from it. Apparently they contain some impurities to which I'm very sensitive to [Considering I am a crohn's sufferer]

I ordered some NDT from "Life Giving Store" based on Ray recommendation:

"A pure powdered glandular product would be ideal, if one can be found."-RP

So what thyroid are you using and how did it benefit you? Thanks!

Dr. B

If needing to add salt to milk, also start taking 1 ounce of liver.

Not too much. Go to gym and get built.

I need it lactose-free.

It'll be 1.5 grams protein per pound.
that protein is massive, doesn't Ray like 1g per pound bodyweight maximum, i think even 1.25grams per pound of bodyweight is more than enough protein...
do you get symptoms from lactose milk? Ray's said lactose helps absorb calcium and other nutrients...

why is the liver relevant to salt? im confused on that... are you saying eat salted liver, or if you drink salted milk, also have liver? what's the livers connection to taking in more salt mate?

im curious which cows do you think are best and have you tried their milks? guernsey, jersey, holstein, dutch belt, brown swiss, illawarra, ayrshire, milking shorthorn? how do the tastes compare? you mentioned ayrshire being the best, why is that?

Well, if going by slow braised lamb as an example, some feel that raw meat is easier to digest so cooking milk may not make it more digestible. Yes, raw milk was worse for me than low temp pasteurized because of the bacteria. Same with cultured/fermented dairy. Yogurt was the worst and it was pasteurized so…

I continued consuming dairy while taking an antibiotic (Minocycline)—I even logged about it on the forum—and it didn’t work. I ended up being on the antibiotic for over 6 months because every time I tried going off it, my symptoms would return but were far worse than they were prior to taking the Minocycline.

As far as fixing SIBO, I essentially starved bacteria of their food supply by consuming foods that were easy for me to digest and as low in fiber and starch as possible, which was mainly glycine rich seafood like scallops and fish broth, fresh pressed fruit juice that I filtered through a coffee filter, and coconut fat.

That’s interesting. Have you done a taste comparison using the same source of milk? When I pasteurize the raw cow’s milk I get from the farm, it tastes just like it does raw. Only the goat’s milk tastes different (a little musky) when I pasteurize it.

so did you stop the antibiotics? you just did a 6 month diet of only the glycine seafoods, fresh fruit juice and coconut fat? then after that you just started having milk again?
what about things like activated charcoal, olive leaf extract, berberine , caffeine... some of these have antiviral, antifungal, antibiotic effects... or anti endotoxin effects...
would dried fruit be useful? im thinking of dried figs, dried mango slices, dried dates and dried pineapple. and some good raw honey, maybe that canadian pearly white honey you posted.
doesnt the fiber help eliminate bacteria/endotoxin if it's the fruit based fibers?

i wonder if low temp pasteurized milk is even more sterile or more cooked than ultra pasteurized? just since its cooked so long, 30 minutes at 145 degrees instead of 3 seconds at 280 degrees...

oh no, i havent tried it with the same brand or same source. the low temp milks ive tried seem to have a more cooked flavor, i assumed it was there due to the long 30 minute heating time.

Thanks again for posting the link to this interview as it was quite interesting.

After listening to the interview perhaps I would run into issues with iron deficiency living off milk alone. I know the most famous milk based diet culture the Maasai sometimes drink blood, apparently they favor milk above all but in the dry season when milk production is reduced they mix it with blood, then also eat meat occasionally, both of which would replenish iron. I also read that blood is always given to children and women around pregnancy, perhaps over generations they've learned that milk alone is not enough.

Bernarr McFadden was one of the milk diet gurus who had the following to say about iron, however I don't believe he had anyone on the milk diet for very long periods.

Here's Ray's quote from the interview when asked about an 8 day milk cleanse:

Ray then goes on to tell a story about a friends dog, which was injured in a fight where the dogs eyeball was bitten, the eyeball deflated and disappeard leaving an empty red socket. Then on a pure milk diet the eyeball regrew over 6-8 weeks.

thats interesting stuff mate...
5 or 6 quarts milk is a lot... over a gallon a day...
that dog story sounds crazy mate!

this is all from Ray over email?
"
“Sometimes it's extended to a month and it can be very powerful because the milk contains antibiotic ingredients and multiple anti-inflammatory, sedative, as well as nutritional substances and really the only thing it lacks to live on for a year is iron. An adult living on pure milk for more than a month is likely to start noticing an iron deficiency.

And since stress generally increases inflammation and that turns on angiotensin system that activates the adrenals and the aldosterone, and that activates the parathyroid glands, and parathyroid turns off respiratory energy production as a way of hiding from stress. The way serotonin is closely involved in aldosterone and parathyroid hormone, and serotonin is an important factor in turning on hibernation, turning off metabolic energy, and since high calcium intake turns off the parathyroid gland it restores energy production. Most people are running around stressed to the degree that their parathyroid, angiotensin, aldosterone, serotonin systems are unnecessarily active and so it is equivalent to being hypothyroid, when the stress turns off your metabolism it does exactly what hypothyroidism does, and calcium in sufficient amounts like on a pure milk diet, that's going to very strongly inhibit your parathyroid hormone, meaning that it very strongly increases your metabolic rate, gets your liver active, providing stabilised glucose and detoxifying processes, so that any accumulated toxins from your fat and other tissues will be very efficiently detoxified and excreted. So a pure milk diet is very similar to giving adequate thyroid supplementation to get the whole energy system and detoxifying system going again.”"

so milk plus just some liver and honey should provide everything?

The dog's eyeball growing back is interesting. Has that been documented happening from anything else?

bennyha

good evening all,

recently listened to Dr Peat being interviewed ‎Get Fit with Jodelle: Dr. Ray Peat - Liver Health, Milk, Alcohol, & Listener Q&A on Apple Podcasts
Jodelle asked him about 'all milk cleanse' and his general thoughts- they appeared to be resoundingly positive.

I then listened to a more recent podcast which went through this process in detail. The person being interview spoke about herbs that were prescribed in this protocol etc ‎Get Fit with Jodelle: The Milk Cleanse for Lyme, Mold, & Parasites s w/ Jody Levy on Apple Podcasts

So, my question is, has anyone got experience going 'all milk' for a short period (i.e. without the herbs etc)? I feel like the general protocol described in the second interview with the herbs was probably more 'anti-sugar' and 'milk is inflammatory without the herbs that I'm prescribing'.. which i don't feel it is.

I saw that someone had looked at milk and sugar but there wasn't anything really specific that they described.

on a slightly different note - if anyone has tried this, what's the hunger and stress levels like with regards to a very high liquid diet. When i drink a lot of milk through the day I never really feel that deep satisfaction and generally bingeing is induced. Not sure if it's the lack of starch or the liquid or just the zero fibre factor.

many thanks
I did all milk cleanse in March 2020. I did only raw milk for 30 straight days, drinking 1.5 gallons a day. I was underweight so I was able to add about 8-10 lbs or so in that time. I drank like 8 ounces every 30 minutes upon waking. Milk was room temp. I read an old book where they talked about the protocol to use with it. Mainly just milk in small quantities every 30 minutes and loads of rest. My work is very seasonal so I just drank milk and chilled that month. Has to say what it did but I loved the way I felt during it. It was really easy and I put on good muscular weight even though I wasn’t working out. I highly recommend it

bennyha

I did all milk cleanse in March 2020. I did only raw milk for 30 straight days, drinking 1.5 gallons a day. I was underweight so I was able to add about 8-10 lbs or so in that time. I drank like 8 ounces every 30 minutes upon waking. Milk was room temp. I read an old book where they talked about the protocol to use with it. Mainly just milk in small quantities every 30 minutes and loads of rest. My work is very seasonal so I just drank milk and chilled that month. Has to say what it did but I loved the way I felt during it. It was really easy and I put on good muscular weight even though I wasn’t working out. I highly recommend it
Edited to add. My gums started bleeding toward the end and I hare white, hard stools about half way through. Didn’t ever feel unwell or constipated but I wasn’t going daily

baccheion

that protein is massive, doesn't Ray like 1g per pound bodyweight maximum, i think even 1.25grams per pound of bodyweight is more than enough protein...
do you get symptoms from lactose milk? Ray's said lactose helps absorb calcium and other nutrients...

why is the liver relevant to salt? im confused on that... are you saying eat salted liver, or if you drink salted milk, also have liver? what's the livers connection to taking in more salt mate?

im curious which cows do you think are best and have you tried their milks? guernsey, jersey, holstein, dutch belt, brown swiss, illawarra, ayrshire, milking shorthorn? how do the tastes compare? you mentioned ayrshire being the best, why is that?

so did you stop the antibiotics? you just did a 6 month diet of only the glycine seafoods, fresh fruit juice and coconut fat? then after that you just started having milk again?
what about things like activated charcoal, olive leaf extract, berberine , caffeine... some of these have antiviral, antifungal, antibiotic effects... or anti endotoxin effects...
would dried fruit be useful? im thinking of dried figs, dried mango slices, dried dates and dried pineapple. and some good raw honey, maybe that canadian pearly white honey you posted.
doesnt the fiber help eliminate bacteria/endotoxin if it's the fruit based fibers?

i wonder if low temp pasteurized milk is even more sterile or more cooked than ultra pasteurized? just since its cooked so long, 30 minutes at 145 degrees instead of 3 seconds at 280 degrees...

oh no, i havent tried it with the same brand or same source. the low temp milks ive tried seem to have a more cooked flavor, i assumed it was there due to the long 30 minute heating time.

thats interesting stuff mate...
5 or 6 quarts milk is a lot... over a gallon a day...
that dog story sounds crazy mate!

this is all from Ray over email?
"

And since stress generally increases inflammation and that turns on angiotensin system that activates the adrenals and the aldosterone, and that activates the parathyroid glands, and parathyroid turns off respiratory energy production as a way of hiding from stress. The way serotonin is closely involved in aldosterone and parathyroid hormone, and serotonin is an important factor in turning on hibernation, turning off metabolic energy, and since high calcium intake turns off the parathyroid gland it restores energy production. Most people are running around stressed to the degree that their parathyroid, angiotensin, aldosterone, serotonin systems are unnecessarily active and so it is equivalent to being hypothyroid, when the stress turns off your metabolism it does exactly what hypothyroidism does, and calcium in sufficient amounts like on a pure milk diet, that's going to very strongly inhibit your parathyroid hormone, meaning that it very strongly increases your metabolic rate, gets your liver active, providing stabilised glucose and detoxifying processes, so that any accumulated toxins from your fat and other tissues will be very efficiently detoxified and excreted. So a pure milk diet is very similar to giving adequate thyroid supplementation to get the whole energy system and detoxifying system going again.”"

so milk plus just some liver and honey should provide everything?
Source may not matter as much when lowfat. I am saying to add 1 ounce of liver if any added salt is needed. If you add 1/2 tsp of salt, for example, then also introduce 1 ounce of liver.

Protein apparently doesn't matter as much when it's whole from milk. Better balanced with calcium and other nutrients? How long would you be doing that anyway? There's also the 1 : 2 : 4 egg : OJ : 1% milk thing, adding liver also if any more salt is needed.

Jennifer

Hey Jennifer, so glad about your improvement. I was at the similar stage a few month ago but then I regressed badly after consuming cynoplus and cynomel which made me bleed out of the intestine for few weeks, make my eczema flare up because of the damage in the intestine and many other problems and I am still recovering from it. Apparently they contain some impurities to which I'm very sensitive to [Considering I am a crohn's sufferer]

I ordered some NDT from "Life Giving Store" based on Ray recommendation:

"A pure powdered glandular product would be ideal, if one can be found."-RP

So what thyroid are you using and how did it benefit you? Thanks!

Thank you very much. I appreciate that. :) I’m so sorry to hear you had such a horrible reaction to cynoplus and cytomel. How scary!

I’m using TyroMax. I started out on WP Thyroid two years ago and switched to TyroMax last August when the WP was recalled. I went with TyroMax because I needed a standardized/USP NDT. I changed up my diet a few months after I started taking thyroid so I can’t be certain which was most responsible for the improvements I’ve experienced since but prior to the diet changes, thyroid completely eliminated the adrenaline induced convulsions and syncope episodes I had been having daily for 6 months straight, as well as my frequent gallbladder attacks, and it sped up my digestion. I’m also certain it has helped my hormones because I recently tried weaning off it but lost my period, something I struggled with in the past.

Yep, I stopped the antibiotic—this was maybe 6 years ago. I was misdiagnosed and didn’t get treated for the SIBO until two years ago. That’s when I did the diet of seafood, fruit juice and coconut fat and yes, after that, I reintroduced dairy.

I tried activated charcoal—it was absolutely horrible when I had gastritis—and olive leaf, berberine (goldenseal, Oregon grape, barberry), pharmaceutical strength oregano oil from Greece and over $8,000 worth of herbal formulas (100+ different herbs), cascara, aloe vera (aloin), flowers of sulfur, 7 day raw garlic protocol (allicin), neomycin, erythromycin, rifaximin, the minocycline and the list goes on…

Does dried fruit digest well for you? It doesn’t digest well for me, unfortunately. In my experience, any fiber can feed bacteria and Ray told me this in an email back in February of 2015:

“Irritation, serotonin and histamine can be increased by some fibrous fruits (pineapple, mango, jack fruit, dates, plums).

I think fiber is always a risk (I avoid them all except for occasional well cooked mushrooms and bamboo shoots, which are germicidal).”

I found it odd that he hadn’t mentioned the carrot salad until I heard him say in a radio interview years later that after 20 years of consuming the carrot salad daily, it was feeding bacteria so he stopped having it.

I’m not certain but going by my reaction, I’d say ultra-pasteurized is more sterile than low temp pasteurized.

Gotcha.

Apple

I found it odd that he hadn’t mentioned the carrot salad until I heard him say in a radio interview years later that after 20 years of consuming the carrot salad daily, it was feeding bacteria so he stopped having it.
Do you have a link to that radio interview by chance ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals