Palpitations

kaydeegee

Palpitations! I've got 'em. 24/F, healthy weight. I get a few a day -- sometimes small little skipped beats, sometimes heavier "thud" like beats, and sometimes a feeling of "pounding heart" that lasts a couple beats then passes.

I had a full cardiology workup a few months back: EKG, Echo, stress test, 48-hour holter -- all came back normal, and I was told I was simply sensitive to normal ectopic beats & the feeling would likely fade once I knew I was fine. They did go away for a couple months, but in the last week or so have returned with a vengeance.

I have also, to be fair, been increasingly stressed over the last month or so. The state of the world and all considered. (Not allowed back at work without a you-know-what, concerned my entire family -- who all got the you-know-what -- is months away from becoming prion-zombies, etc.)

Digestion is regular, I'm eating pretty Peaty and working to keep my blood sugar stable, and I just started Vitamin E supplementation. Been taking magnesium bisglycinate for years now.

Does anyone have suggestions for how I can rid myself of these skipped beats once and for all? It's disheartening to be enjoying evening TV time [with my blue light blockers] and suddenly feel like my chest is jumping across the room.

Thanks in advance :)

Palpitations! I've got 'em. 24/F, healthy weight. I get a few a day -- sometimes small little skipped beats, sometimes heavier "thud" like beats, and sometimes a feeling of "pounding heart" that lasts a couple beats then passes.

I had a full cardiology workup a few months back: EKG, Echo, stress test, 48-hour holter -- all came back normal, and I was told I was simply sensitive to normal ectopic beats & the feeling would likely fade once I knew I was fine. They did go away for a couple months, but in the last week or so have returned with a vengeance.

I have also, to be fair, been increasingly stressed over the last month or so. The state of the world and all considered. (Not allowed back at work without a you-know-what, concerned my entire family -- who all got the you-know-what -- is months away from becoming prion-zombies, etc.)

Digestion is regular, I'm eating pretty Peaty and working to keep my blood sugar stable, and I just started Vitamin E supplementation. Been taking magnesium bisglycinate for years now.

Does anyone have suggestions for how I can rid myself of these skipped beats once and for all? It's disheartening to be enjoying evening TV time [with my blue light blockers] and suddenly feel like my chest is jumping across the room.

I experienced the same thing as you for many years Kaydeegee. I was doing too much all the time, and after wearing a heart monitor and prescribed heart pills to avoid a heart attack the doc said, i flushed the pills and did my own research. It turns out it was my adrenals causing the skipped beats and extra hurting ones. I could even stop my heart, just by thinking about scary things. Rosemary tea with rose hips really helped, and later Happy Camper was another amazing cure. A half dose does the trick. I only took it a few times, and my heart beat problem has never come back in many years now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-135019_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-135019_Samsung Internet.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 74

bluewren

I’ve just had 10 days of exactly what you described. It is unnerving to say the least. I was under immense stress,
and that was the cause. It has gone now, for the time being. I used niacinamide, relora and magnesium, and also
talked to a psychologist. Sunshine helped too (we are in Winter here, and it is bleak.)
I hope this helps. ?

Vadim

Taurine 1-2 g. daily. Plus keep taking magnesium in any form. Also would check potassium levels.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I experienced the same thing as you for many years Kaydeegee. I was doing too much all the time, and after wearing a heart monitor and prescribed heart pills to avoid a heart attack the doc said, i flushed the pills and did my own research. It turns out it was my adrenals causing the skipped beats and extra hurting ones. I could even stop my heart, just by thinking about scary things. Rosemary tea with rose hips really helped, and later Happy Camper was another amazing cure. A half dose does the trick. I only took it a few times, and my heart beat problem has never come back in many years now.
Nice post. Will try.

xeliex

Forum Supporter

I used to have them all the time. They are better controlled now but not free of them. The cardiologist that read my Holter said that my heart rate dropping to 36 bpm at night is because I am an athlete (I am fat). Cardiologists and my friend cardiologist were useless.

What helped me was thyroid and vitamin D. My heart rate went up a bit and the incidence of palpitations lessened. Two other things helped when I feel the stress and the palpitations. Antihistamine (cypro/benadryl) and progesterone (progest-e).

I still cannot fully shake the palpitations off, especially during high excitement, but they are 80% better.

Will try rinse & repeat's method.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Taurine 1-2 g. daily. Plus keep taking magnesium in any form. Also would check potassium levels.
My potassium intake was always high from OJ, mostly, and been taking magnesium taurate to get both, mag and taurine. Not sure it helps. Took tons of mag in the past during my worst palp life...

Vadim

My potassium intake was always high from OJ, mostly, and been taking magnesium taurate to get both, mag and taurine. Not sure it helps. Took tons of mag in the past during my worst palp life...
Try taurine in free form not salt. 2g daily should work. Any Mg salt 500 -1000 mg (depending on bowel tolerance).
High potassium food intake not always mean good serum levels, unfortunately. So again need to check blood level and take supplement if low. Electrolytes extremely important for stable heart rate.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Hi Kaydeegee,

Read about the connection between the Zeta Potential and cardiovascular health. I have posted numerous times about this topic, search my past posts. Here is a link to the chapter 24 of Thomas M. Riddick's book on that subject:

Dr. T.C. McDaniel, who in his mid 50s had severe PVC (premature venticular contractions) stumbled upon Riddick's book, used his electrolyte formula and was able to control his PVC. He lived to almost 102 years! Dr. McDaniel formulated his Zeta Aid, which is a modification of Riddick's original formula. I order it from here (or Amazon):

V

valdz

I would agree w Vadim about having an adequate balance of electrolytes in your system. Making sure you’re getting enough sodium, potassium and Mg. One example is drinking an adrenal cocktail bw meals ( 4oz OJ + 4oz coconut water + 1/4 tsp sea salt).

You can also try topical Mg. Also, try limiting emf exposure from electronic devices bc that’s also a stressor. Emf can drain your mineral levels (Mg burn rate). Mineral imbalance can be causing the arrhythmia. Vit D, K2, aspirin, and good quality rest/sleep may also help. Hope you get better!

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I would agree w Vadim about having an adequate balance of electrolytes in your system. Making sure you’re getting enough sodium, potassium and Mg. One example is drinking an adrenal cocktail bw meals ( 4oz OJ + 4oz coconut water + 1/4 tsp sea salt).

You can also try topical Mg. Also, try limiting emf exposure from electronic devices bc that’s also a stressor. Emf can drain your mineral levels (Mg burn rate). Mineral imbalance can be causing the arrhythmia. Vit D, K2, aspirin, and good quality rest/sleep may also help. Hope you get better!
Not trying to steal op.

I have tried adrenal cocktail and it didn't really help. I am not sure it's a mineral issue for me but it might be . Vitamin D made it a lot better. Vitamin K2 made it worse if calcium intake wasn't high and if D wasn't above 5000iu per day. I am also very EMF aware and take aspirin for protection from potential palp dangers. Thank you.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Hi Kaydeegee,

Read about the connection between the Zeta Potential and cardiovascular health. I have posted numerous times about this topic, search my past posts. Here is a link to the chapter 24 of Thomas M. Riddick's book on that subject:

Dr. T.C. McDaniel, who in his mid 50s had severe PVC (premature venticular contractions) stumbled upon Riddick's book, used his electrolyte formula and was able to control his PVC. He lived to almost 102 years! Dr. McDaniel formulated his Zeta Aid, which is a modification of Riddick's original formula. I order it from here (or Amazon):

Interesting stuff. Will check it out. Thank you.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Try taurine in free form not salt. 2g daily should work. Any Mg salt 500 -1000 mg (depending on bowel tolerance).
High potassium food intake not always mean good serum levels, unfortunately. So again need to check blood level and take supplement if low. Electrolytes extremely important for stable heart rate.
I will get some taurine and try.

My potassium blood levels have been good though and correlate with intake well. So is magnesium, rbc mag, ca, phos, etc...

I think I need to check ionized calcium. Serum calcium has been good.

OP
K

kaydeegee

This, plus your note about reflexology, are fantastic! Thank you so much <3 I have no doubt overwhelmed adrenals could play a role for me too. I’ll look into the teas, and I’ll keep Happy Camper in mind too — I’d never heard of that before but it looks easy to get online! Thanks again, xx.

OP
K

kaydeegee

I used to have them all the time. They are better controlled now but not free of them. The cardiologist that read my Holter said that my heart rate dropping to 36 bpm at night is because I am an athlete (I am fat). Cardiologists and my friend cardiologist were useless.

What helped me was thyroid and vitamin D. My heart rate went up a bit and the incidence of palpitations lessened. Two other things helped when I feel the stress and the palpitations. Antihistamine (cypro/benadryl) and progesterone (progest-e).

I still cannot fully shake the palpitations off, especially during high excitement, but they are 80% better.

Will try rinse & repeat's method.
I’m glad yours are more under control now than they were! I’m only a few months into my pro-metobolic journey, and my resting heart rate is still in the mid 60s… surely contributing to the palps I feel — as you say, a higher rate helps keep them at bay! I’ll keep working to get there.

Thank you for these recs. I’ve been already thinking about adding Vit D back in (it’s summer here, but the rain has been relentless) and I’ve got antihistamines on hand for hayfever — easy starts! I’ll keep thyroid & progesterone in mind too.

OP
K

kaydeegee

Thank you!! I do incorporate the adrenal cocktail sometimes, but could definitely be more consistent… especially when I’m stressed.

Thank you! I do enjoy an adrenal cocktail often, but could definitely be more consistent… especially during times of stress. I should have mentioned, I do use a topical mag oil my friend makes in the evening (in addition to an internal sup)! Re: EMF — that’s fascinating. I had no idea they could have that impact (tho I’m not surprised). I’ll make a point of powering down devices more frequently.

OP
K

kaydeegee

Hi Kaydeegee,

Thank you so much for sharing this. I had never heard of Zeta Potential before your comment — I sense a deep-dive coming on!

Taurine and B vitamins stopped palpitations in a loved one. She no longer needs it and doesn’t have the palpitations.