Fungal Skin Infection Recommendations

OP
N

NextLevel_

That was my first thought too. Dry it up, kill it. And if you have therapeutic grade oregano, dilute and apply if you dont mind smelling like a pizza for a day.
@bzmazu @akgrrrl

how often daily would you recommend to apply isopropyl alcohol ? Got one on hand now. Put it on affected spot on my forearm. Very drying.
Would you use it alone or in conjunction with the anti fungal (Ciclopoli) cream?

thanks

B

Braveheart

@bzmazu @akgrrrl

how often daily would you recommend to apply isopropyl alcohol ? Got one on hand now. Put it on affected spot on my forearm. Very drying.
Would you use it alone or in conjunction with the anti fungal (Ciclopoli) cream?

thanks
Once a day has worked for me, only thing necessary....but as many times as you wish?

akgrrrl

@bzmazu @akgrrrl

thanks
Yeah I'm with bzmazu, you want to watch it and gauge for yourself. Not necessarily all together. Oregano if it is really a properly distilled ester is hot hot hot and will burn your skin. It IS an antifungal. Pick one and stick with it so you can determine for yourself what works for you.

Sefton10

I had athletes foot/jock itch type skin flare ups on and off for years. Canestan cream always worked best as a topical, but the only thing that has ever worked long term has been improving metabolism. Keep the metabolic rate up and those things tend to take care of themselves.

JacobG

Borax + water topically. A very high percentage of people with skin fungal infections also have them in the gut! Very difficult to get rid of! I'd things like coconut oil, undecylenic acid, clove etc.

OP
N

NextLevel_

Borax + water topically. A very high percentage of people with skin fungal infections also have them in the gut! Very difficult to get rid of! I'd things like coconut oil, undecylenic acid, clove etc.
I don’t think so in my case. I got it from the dog via skin contact.

spots on scalp and neck gone / not visible anymore from using Ciclopoli Cream / Shampoo (Ciclopirox-Olamine)
Spot on forearm still there but dry from rubbing alcohol. This was biggest spot and seem to take more time.

OP
N

NextLevel_

I had athletes foot/jock itch type skin flare ups on and off for years. Canestan cream always worked best as a topical, but the only thing that has ever worked long term has been improving metabolism. Keep the metabolic rate up and those things tend to take care of themselves.
Yeah what do you think of the idea to use niacinamide for 2-3 days in high doses like 3g+ for (fungal) infections
i believe I saw on thread here on the forum discussing this

Ulla

I came across this thread:

Povidone Iodine

Ras

I‘ve been to the doctor last Friday who diagnosed me with tinea (fungal skin infection), which was probably transmitted from the house dog, and prescribed some ciclopirox olamine cream and shampoo (for scalp wash) and also prednicarbat (cortisone cream).
I am applying both on affected areas now.
Been already trying with several „natural“ treatments like aloe, tea tree, oregano etc. with some success, but not full treatment. After it got a little worse, I decided to visit the doc. The dog is being treated as well.
Do you guys have any tips on how to speed up healing process and any recommendations on what to take internally. I am already taking aspirin, but I think I would need much higher therapeutic dosage (couple of grams?) daily for a couple of days. Thanks.
This might sound crazy, but many people have had success using Absorbine Jr.. I think only the original formula works.

OP
N

NextLevel_

sulfur soap or flowers of sulfur
Using 10% sulfur soap now, because scalp infection keeps coming back. Need to treat regular and longer.

How long and how often is sulfur soap safe to use? Now using every day, then I plan to use eod, then 2-3 per week to elimnate scalp fungus completely.

Also thinking about using something internally. Oregano Oil Capsules, and Olive leaf extract seem not to help. Terbinafine pills probably harsh on system, but may work.

I have read about Thorne SF722 (Undecylenic Acid) - any experiences with that one for skin fungus?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals