The Cure To Old Age - Dr. Peat September 1995

baccheion

I'd say the secret = (truly pastured organic raw) eggs. Only eggs, the shell, and some vitamin C. Unless allergic. Starting during puberty (before the lessening of phosphatidylcholine synthesis and many other things) would be even better. Worse case once growth is done = eggs with at least slight caloric restriction.

And maybe proteolytic enzymes each morning. For example, serrapeptase..

I suppose it's not very Peaty.

Apple

Dairy products. If you have some dairy sensitivity you can start with Swiss cheese (free of lactose and tryptophan) or A2 milk (some have sensitivities to normal milk). I also suspect that seafood although low in calcium have other supportive minerals for keeping parathyroid hormone down but you’d have to research this to verify.
With dairy I found a compromise , lactose free milk is now cheap and accessible. A2 milk is at least 12 times more expensive here. God bless rich people! :)
What makes you think Swiss cheese is low tryptophan ?
See this chart, looks like ricota kind of cheese , tofu or cream cheese are winners (and moneywise too).
Tryptophan in Cheeses

Last edited:
This is the kind of info that makes me think the stories of elites infusing young blood into themselves for energy might not be so crazy after all...
I have thought there might be something to the young blood transfusions too Lampofred. I wonder about normal medical emergency blood transfusions, I wonder what some of those patients would say on the subject?

This is a wasteful road to go down. If it’s not the diet that ages you, it’s the environment. 99% of people in the world are in stressful environments, lack of quality food, stressful jobs, stressful relationships, its damn near impossible to be stress free, which would prevent the degeneration of the body’s cells. Also, people with horrible diets and horrible living environments, still sometimes make it to 80-90. And the healthiest people may make it to 90-100. Almost all centenarians didn’t try to live to 100, they just did it. To pursue such a goal, the stress of trying will ultimately kill you before you get there. The diets of people to live to 100, are almost always “whatever I want to eat”, they just got lucky that the quality of food was decent. Also, people 1000 years ago who weren’t exposed to one single drop of vegetable oil there entire life still die at a normal age. The fact that there’s been at tens of billions of people who’ve walked this earth, and only a handful have made it to a 100 or above, to me proves that the degeneration of the body cannot be stopped THAT much, at most in a perfect environment may extend life 10 or so years. before 100 years ago, there was probably millions upon millions of people who naturally ate peaty, like traditional foods in the middle east, or france, or many other countries. If they still died at a normal age, eating peaty form birth to death, I don’t think it’s fair to say aging isn’t necessary.
I agree with you gaze that environment matters for longetivity, especially being happy and positive, i am sure works wonders getting one there easier. Let's not compare apples with oranges, living to 100 and looking youthful doing it are two different things. 100 years ago yes they all ate whatever they wanted, or in meager times, whatever they could get their hands on, but they all looked pretty haggard and unhappy in every pic I have ever seen. Higher end eating looked very well on kings and queens in comparison. It all matters.

David PS

I have thought there might be something to the young blood transfusions too Lampofred. I wonder about normal medical emergency blood transfusions, I wonder what some of those patients would say on the subject?

In the mid 1980's a friend of mine's father had some major surgery and he refused to have blood transfusions because the blood supply might be comprised with AIDs. One of his sons was a doctor and promised that he would not allow any transfusions unless it was truly a matter of life or death. He never got a transfusion but he was very weak for a couple of months and he eventually recovered.

Today, I believe that the emergency blood supply might be compromised with covid vaccine related blood donors. I would consider getting blood from a transfusion to be risky business.

In the mid 1980's a friend of mine's father had some major surgery and he refused to have blood transfusions because the blood supply might be comprised with AIDs. One of his sons was a doctor and promised that he would not allow any transfusions unless it was truly a matter of life or death. He never got a transfusion but he was very weak for a couple of months and he eventually recovered.

Today, I believe that the emergency blood supply might be compromised with covid vaccine related blood donors. I would consider getting blood from a transfusion to be risky business.
It would be a scary thing wouldn't it! You'd be getting all their medications, bad eating, environmental toxics in their blood. When my grandmother needed blood many years ago they asked the immediate family first for donations. Not sure I would like that either, but it would certainly be better than strangers uck!

Last edited:
Oh yeah, if a blood transfusion was necessary, it would be ideal for it to be donated on the spot from someone you know wasn't vaccinated. Easier said then done though.

It would be a scary thing wouldn't it! You'd be get mting all their medications, bad eating, environmental toxics in their blood. When my grandmother needed blood many years ago they asked the immediate family first for donations. Not sure I would like that either, but it would certainly be better than strangers uck!
....and let's not even talk about fecal impants!!

Apple

Dairy products. If you have some dairy sensitivity you can start with Swiss cheese (free of lactose and tryptophan) or A2 milk (some have sensitivities to normal milk). I also suspect that seafood although low in calcium have other supportive minerals for keeping parathyroid hormone down but you’d have to research this to verify.

I'd say the secret = (truly pastured organic raw) eggs. Only eggs, the shell, and some vitamin C. Unless allergic. Starting during puberty (before the lessening of phosphatidylcholine synthesis and many other things) would be even better. Worse case once growth is done = eggs with at least slight caloric restriction.

And maybe proteolytic enzymes each morning. For example, serrapeptase..

I suppose it's not very Peaty.

Just trying to get to the bottom of this...

Why should we binge on milk and eggs when they are clearly high in phosphoros compared to its substitues?

Milk and milk products are high in calcium and phosphorus. A half cup of milk (4 ounces) contains 111-138 mg of phosphorus. Some liquid dairy substitutes can be used in cooking to replace milk. Read ingredient lists to look for phosphate additives, such as calcium-phosphate. Eggs are a great protein source but also contain 95 mg phosphorus in a large egg. Remove the yolk and phosphorus is only 5 mg for each egg white.

bk_

A diet that provides enough calcium to limit activity of the parathyroid glands, and that is low in phosphate and polyunsaturated fats, with sugar rather than starch as the main carbohydrate, possibly supplemented by niacinamide and aspirin, should help to avoid some of the degenerative processes associated with high phosphate: fatigue, heart failure, movement discoordination, hypogonadism, infertility, vascular calcification, emphysema, cancer, osteoporosis, and atrophy of skin, skeletal muscle, intestine, thymus, and spleen (Ohnishi and Razzaque, 2010; Shiraki-Iida, et al., 2000; Kuro-o, et al., 1997; Osuka and Razzaque, 2012). The foods naturally highest in phosphate, relative to calcium, are cereals, legumes, meats, and fish. Many prepared foods contain added phosphate. Foods with a higher, safer ratio of calcium to phosphate are leaves, such as kale, turnip greens, and beet greens, and many fruits, milk, and cheese. Coffee, besides being a good source of magnesium, is probably helpful for lowering phosphate, by its antagonism to adenosine (Coulson, et al., 1991).
Although increased phosphate generally causes vascular calcification (increasing rigidity, with increased systolic blood pressure), when a high level of dietary phosphate comes from milk and cheese, it is epidemiologically associated with reduced blood pressure (T A diet that provides enough calcium to limit activity of the parathyroid glands, and that is low in phosphate and polyunsaturated fats, with sugar rather than starch as the main carbohydrate, possibly supplemented by niacinamide and aspirin, should help to avoid some of the degenerative processes associated with high phosphate: fatigue, heart failure, movement discoordination, hypogonadism, infertility, vascular calcification, emphysema, cancer, osteoporosis, and atrophy of skin, skeletal muscle, intestine, thymus, and spleen (Ohnishi and Razzaque, 2010; Shiraki-Iida, et al., 2000; Kuro-o, et al., 1997; Osuka and Razzaque, 2012). The foods naturally highest in phosphate, relative to calcium, are cereals, legumes, meats, and fish. Many prepared foods contain added phosphate. Foods with a higher, safer ratio of calcium to phosphate are leaves, such as kale, turnip greens, and beet greens, and many fruits, milk, and cheese. Coffee, besides being a good source of magnesium, is probably helpful for lowering phosphate, by its antagonism to adenosine (Coulson, et al., 1991).
Although increased phosphate generally causes vascular calcification (increasing rigidity, with increased systolic blood pressure), when a high level of dietary phosphate comes from milk and cheese, it is epidemiologically associated with reduced blood pressure (Takeda, et al., 2012).
A diet that provides enough calcium to limit activity of the parathyroid glands, and that is low in phosphate and polyunsaturated fats, with sugar rather than starch as the main carbohydrate, possibly supplemented by niacinamide and aspirin, should help to avoid some of the degenerative processes associated with high phosphate: fatigue, heart failure, movement discoordination, hypogonadism, infertility, vascular calcification, emphysema, cancer, osteoporosis, and atrophy of skin, skeletal muscle, intestine, thymus, and spleen (Ohnishi and Razzaque, 2010; Shiraki-Iida, et al., 2000; Kuro-o, et al., 1997; Osuka and Razzaque, 2012). The foods naturally highest in phosphate, relative to calcium, are cereals, legumes, meats, and fish. Many prepared foods contain added phosphate. Foods with a higher, safer ratio of calcium to phosphate are leaves, such as kale, turnip greens, and beet greens, and many fruits, milk, and cheese. Coffee, besides being a good source of magnesium, is probably helpful for lowering phosphate, by its antagonism to adenosine (Coulson, et al., 1991).
Although increased phosphate generally causes vascular calcification (increasing rigidity, with increased systolic blood pressure), when a high level of dietary phosphate comes from milk and cheese, it is epidemiologically associated with reduced blood pressure (Takeda, et al., 2012).

Source: Phosphate, activation, and aging.

baccheion

Apple

As I said, likely not Peaty. On the other hand, I wonder if most of the egg phosphorus is part of phosphatidylcholine and dumped via bile. Unsure.
I think eggs are Peaty in reasonable amounts, maybe one a day. But my question was rather: "What would be a good diet strategy to keep calcium higher than phosphorus in order to keep parathyroid hormone down ? (Without supplemental calcium pills)."
You said eggs, when they are clearly high in phosphorus , especially yolks. I don't see that eggs are any better than meat, but eggs can be difficult to digest to some people.

Apple

Thanks for the links you provided. Though I don't find this info very convincing. All the studies above are basically saying that high phosphate foods lead to vascular calcification , though milk and cheese are associated with reduced blood pressure. So milk and cheese don't seem to be super foods, they are still high phosphate. Wouldn't it be a better strategy to reduce high phosphate foods (there are so called kidney diets on the internet) ?
Of cource we still need good quality protein but we just need to figure out the right amount of protein so to not overload on phosphate. It doesn't have to be milk, small portion of meat or occasional egg would probably be ok longterm.
In the studies above they rather consider a dietary approach to phosphorus reduction than upping milk consumption...
Everything is confusing when it comes to ray peat

Last edited:

baccheion

I think eggs are Peaty in reasonable amounts, maybe one a day. But my question was rather: "What would be a good diet strategy to keep calcium higher than phosphorus in order to keep parathyroid hormone down ? (Without supplemental calcium pills)."
You said eggs, when they are clearly high in phosphorus , especially yolks. I don't see that eggs are any better than meat, but eggs can be difficult to digest to some people.
I am not aligning eggs with Peat. I am mentioning eggs as the "cure". I am not thinking about phosphorus or any other of these things. More about completeness and balance. Eggs have many things that'd eliminate someone from consuming any larger amount of them.

I don't believe I originally responded directly to you.

Egg shell calcium was mentioned. To maintain the calcium:magnesium ratio from the yolks once (raw) whites are added. Further, I suspect much of the phosphorus is a part of phosphatidylcholine and therefore cleared via bile (rather than kidneys).

Peat seems anti fat burning. Eggs are all about using fats. Almost opposing. Almost as though what's bad from the eyes of Peat would be desired in egg world.

I am thinking the phosphatidylcholine and other things solve problems Peat tries to address by eliminating PUFAs (, etc). On the other hand, I wasn't really thinking that much down any path.

Thanks for the links you provided. Though I don't find this info very convincing. All the studies above are basically saying that high phosphate foods lead to vascular calcification , though milk and cheese are associated with reduced blood pressure. So milk and cheese don't seem to be super foods, they are still high phosphate. Wouldn't it be a better strategy to reduce high phosphate foods (there are so called kidney diets on the internet) ?
Of cource we still need good quality protein but we just need to figure out the right amount of protein so to not overload on phosphate. It doesn't have to be milk, small portion of meat or occasional egg would probably be ok longterm.
In the studies above they rather consider a dietary approach to phosphorus reduction than upping milk consumption...
Everything is confusing when it comes to ray peat
Dairy in general has a lot of phosphorus. Getting 100 grams of protein from milk will yield a lot more of this mineral than you would get if you tried to obtain 100 grams of protein from beef. The PTH will be kept down as long as the calcium to phosphorus ratio is good( 1 to 1; a lower ratio can work if you ingest a lot of fructose), and dairy has a very good ratio.

A low( total) phoshorus diet would be a little too restrictive, wouldn't it? Dairy and meat( unless in tiny quantities) would be out. For people with sick kidneys, it's better. Walter Kempner's rice diet was very low in this particular mineral.

Also, sorry if you already said this somewhere, but any reason to not just add some supplement calcium? It would provide more leeway with regards to which foods could be included in one's diet.

Apple

Also, sorry if you already said this somewhere, but any reason to not just add some supplement calcium? It would provide more leeway with regards to which foods could be included in one's diet.
I'm just trying to eliminate a kidney stone, it is small , it's been there for at least 3 years and it is not decreasing .
As I know calcium from foods is good but calcium from supplements can contribute to kidneystones. So my approach is upping citrates, reducing oxalate foods, getting enough calcium from foods, dairy seems a convinient option but famous 2 quarts of milk looks like exageration to me.

I thought I had all the old Peat newsletters, but I can't find one called The Cure to Old Age. Anyone know where I can find it?

I'm just trying to eliminate a kidney stone, it is small , it's been there for at least 3 years and it is not decreasing .
As I know calcium from foods is good but calcium from supplements can contribute to kidneystones. So my approach is upping citrates, reducing oxalate foods, getting enough calcium from foods, dairy seems a convinient option but famous 2 quarts of milk looks like exageration to me.
I feel your pain Apollo! I have had a gallstone, a kidney stone, 2 pancreatic stones, they are scary and so painful. Mine came from no dairy and using calcium suppliments. I got the oxalstes gone too and upped my lemon intake. I agree with you on the milk. I am good for just 3 glasses of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals