How's The RPF Staying Warm This Winter?

boris

Cream and Sugar are saving my life this winter.

giphy.gif

OP
Twohandsondeck
Yes it raises adrenaline and cortisol to insane amounts. Just by lying in bed and doing his breathing technique, you will produce more adrenaline than someone who is doing a bungee jump for the first time:

Whoa, that's pretty intense.

Makes sense to me from the opposite direction of using a sauna. When getting overheated, the adrenal glands come into play as the mediator of the stress response. I have no doubts that regularly brutalizing myself in a sauna for about 6 months a couple years back torched my adrenal glands pretty good. I went from being able to tolerate 35-45 minutes of a 130 degree Fahrenheit steam sauna to less than 8 before I felt like I was going to pass out. A replenishment of vitamin C made a dramatic difference in my sauna tolerance shortly after recognizing the issue.

What also comes to mind is Atom Bergstrom mentioning how the "hub of adrenals" (adrenal cortex) is in the skin... And that getting sunburnt is an adrenal response.

Also follows in line with the skin being 'the 3rd kidney.' When the kidneys are overwhelmed, the excess waste is pushed out through the skin... And if the adrenals are the regulators of the kidneys as Robert Morse talks about, then it seems logical that they become overworked anytime that the kidneys are struggling.

So... I suppose acute thermoregulation is governed by cortisol and adrenaline and it's therefore a stress response.

I still wonder if the benefits of sauna or cold water are helpful to longevity provided that the adrenals are in good shape.

boris

I think Peat mentionend that cold showers can be beneficial, if your thyroid works well.

Sauna, I guess if your liver is in good shape and you ingest a lot of fuel beforehand?

boris

What also comes to mind is Atom Bergstrom mentioning how the "hub of adrenals" (adrenal cortex) is in the skin... And that getting sunburnt is an adrenal response.

Also follows in line with the skin being 'the 3rd kidney.' When the kidneys are overwhelmed, the excess waste is pushed out through the skin... And if the adrenals are the regulators of the kidneys as Robert Morse talks about, then it seems logical that they become overworked anytime that the kidneys are struggling.

Interesting, I'll look that up. Are you referring to their Timpone interviews or is there other material?

OP
Twohandsondeck
Interesting, I'll look that up. Are you referring to their Timpone interviews or is there other material?

Yeah he mentioned it a couple of times with Patrick some few years back, couldn't tell you which one it was. Quite certain he hasn't talked about it on any other platform.

You might be able to find it somewhere in his blog posts on OneRadioNetwork.com, too. Worth a search.

Jennifer

I see you didn't show the feet of the alpaca. Very suspect

A mask-wearing alpaca that gets just their socks routinely trimmed (for societal contribution) would be a great mascot for American college kids. It's really a model citizen when you think about it.

Have a sock, give a sock
Sorry, I thought it was obvious what a mask-wearing alpaca’s feet look like...
434ED03B-3052-4F78-BFDD-AAF6414BEF82.jpeg

giphy.gif
Cuteness overload! I used to be attached to a fireplace, too. Grr...hypothyroidism!

Runenight201

I’m going to be taking plenty of warm baths. The instant stress reduction of the warm water and salts is a welcome reprieve from the wound up, anxious state.

Jennifer

Explorer

Yes, it raises adrenaline and cortisol to insane amounts. Just by lying in bed and doing his breathing technique, you will produce more adrenaline than someone who is doing a bungee jump for the first time in their life:
Would Buteyko do the opposite then?

redsun

Could be with food, beverages, gadgets, etc.

For me I've found that eating heavily salted meat, taking a source of iodine (usually as whole seaweed), doing bodily mobility work, or Wim Hof breathing are all things that noticeably improve my feeling of bodily warmth quickly.

Experiences welcome.

I can't stand summer so winter is relief. Lots of protein, and as many carbs as I want to run hot.

Heats up the balls too much, there's a reason they are outside the body ;)

Heats up the body and allows it to calm down, like he said stress reducing if you are tense. Warm bath is not bad for the testicles. Too hot is only when it can become a problem. Thats why they drop in heat and constrict in cold.

GelatinGoblin

I can't stand summer so winter is relief. Lots of protein, and as many carbs as I want to run hot.

Heats up the body and allows it to calm down, like he said stress reducing if you are tense. Warm bath is not bad for the testicles. Too hot is only when it can become a problem. Thats why they drop in heat and constrict in cold.

I heard some traditional birth control for males is heating up the balls over a hot metal or stone thingamajig which is over a fire. What about some ice in a plastic Ziploc bag on your balls while you're in a hot tub? Tried this in a Sauna and they kicked me out of the country club unfortunately, although I figure if you bath and home there'd be less rudimentary problems like this.

redsun

I heard some traditional birth control for males is heating up the balls over a hot metal or stone thingamajig which is over a fire. What about some ice in a plastic Ziploc bag on your balls while you're in a hot tub? Tried this in a Sauna and they kicked me out of the country club unfortunately, although I figure if you bath and home there'd be less rudimentary problems like this.

Of course but that's not comparable to bath water.

MatheusPN

giphy.gif
I can't believe this is your pig?! So cute! o_O
Similar situation here.
Aren't you in Russia?!
Funnily for some, here is the third coldest city of Brazil, mostly because its also the highest city...
"Throughout the year, the temperature generally ranges from 13 ° C to 28 ° C and is rarely below 10 ° C or above 32 ° C."
The days are recurrently at least 24/ 75,5 at sun time, only the night is cold. And contrary to what many brazilians think, its not anymore the city of drizzle, 10 years ago it was, out of nowhere came a weak drizzle.
@MatheusPN Unfortunately it‘s not mine, just a video from the internet :D
Well thanks for sharing, uhmm, I hope here arise more similar things. If it was true it would come out of the Peatarian current stereotype...

Last edited:

boris

Would Buteyko do the opposite then?

It seems to work well for some people, but not for me.

I did Buteyko breathing for almost a year (Wim Hof before that) and it increases stress symptoms for me. I am not in tune with my body when I restrict breathing in that way. Makes me feel jittery, impatient and kind of unable to solve problems in a constructive manner. Breathing freely, deeply, like a smooth wave, makes me feel and perform best.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom