I’m Not Convinced Vitamin D Should Be Supplemented

duckduck

In another thread you wrote that your diet consists of "200g black beans, 300g red lentils, 250g barley, 500g white cabbage and 1 litre of whole milk". You mentioned that you have "orange palms and face". This diet makes you prone to hypothyroidism and you describe symptoms that are suggestive of hypothyroidism.
I used to eat 2.2 lbs of sweet potatoes and same amount of broccoli every single day for two years, that is a huge amount of carotene accumulation in body. I think anyone who eats that amount of carotenes would have orange face and palms, don't you think? Or are you saying that eating lot's of legumes and grains cause hypothyroidism?

Giraffe

I used to eat 2.2 lbs of sweet potatoes and same amount of broccoli every single day for two years, that is a huge amount of carotene accumulation in body. I think anyone who eats that amount of carotenes would have orange face and palms, don't you think? Or are you saying that eating lot's of legumes and grains cause hypothyroidism?
Natural Estrogens
The estrogenic properties of legumes were studied when sheep farmers found that their sheep miscarried when they ate clover. (I think it's interesting how this terribly toxic effect has been neglected in recent decades.) All legumes have this property, and all parts of the plant seem to contain some of the active chemicals. In beans, several substances have been found to contribute to the effect. The estrogenic effects of the seed oils and the isoflavones have been studied the most, but the well-known antithyroid actions (again, involving the oils, the isoflavones, and other molecules found in legumes) have an indirect estrogen-promoting action, since hypothyroidism leads to hyperestrogenism. (Estrogens are known to be thyroid suppressors, so the problem tends to be self-accelerating.) The various specific actions of the many estrogenic substances in beans and other legumes haven't been throughly studied, but there is evidence that they are also--like estrogen itself--both mutagenic and carcinogenic.

Foundational Hormones - (World Vision Network) Maureen Moss, 2009-10-10
MM: So if someone is vegetarian, like if they really a strict vegan, what would they need in terms of foundational hormones and how to increase them?
RP: Well, vitamin A is the main problem of a vegetarian because carotene can so easily get in the way of vitamin A functions. I had learned that by a young man who was extremely sick and his doctors had found that he had practically no vitamin A in his blood but extremely high carotene which was blocking all of his hormones.
MM: And sometimes people get very orange hands, if they actually had too much carotene.
RP: Yeah, and the carotene turns off your thyroid function very powerfully. In his case, all it took was one dose of vitamin B12, which is needed to convert carotene to vitamin A and within a week his symptoms had gone and his vitamin A level was normal and he was able to convert the carotene to vitamin A easily.

ursidae

For me it’s not very safe and the reactions are getting more extreme every time I give it a try. I could take 4000 without much problem and now my joints can start hurting the same day from 400 iu. My diet is low in calcium (no dairy), high in magnesium, my serum calcium is high and PTH is within range but on the high end. I’m not even sure anything should be supplemented even magnesium. I’m now even reacting to that, started to get very scary heart palpitations and strong anxiety from soaking my feet in magnesium salts. Im done with supplements, nutrients from food seems to be safest

Aegon24

vitamin D increases serotonin.
This is very bad.

caffeine helps me a lot against the side effects of vitamin d

T

TheBeard

This is very bad.

Vitamin D deficiency prevents correct endogenous serotonin modulation.
Supplementing vitamin D allows to restore correct modulation.

Nowhere in the study world is there one mention of direct increase causation of serotonin from vitamin D supplementation.

So, where did you read that?

Also, substentiate your claim of "side effects" when supplementing vitamin D. What were those, precisely?

This is very bad.

Serotonin is still physiological, and vD is a harmonizing factor that everyone needs.

Aegon24

3 months ago I took vitamin D in the form of a drop for 11 days. (2000 IU per day) and it gave me several negative side effects which did not go away after I stopped taking the supplements.
This includes:
-diarrhea
-weak appetite
-loss of libido
-Depression and sometimes suicidal desire.

- intestinal disorders, every time I eat something my intestine growls very loudly

I was told it was because of magnesium deficiency caused by vitamin D metabolism or hypercalcemia. So I took magnesium and stopped eating the products rich in calcium while supplementing with vitamin K2 and that for 1 month and absolutely nothing has changed.

A week ago I tried caffeine and 10 minutes after drinking almost all of the side effects caused by vitamin D are gone, my libido seems to be coming back, the depression is gone completely, I just feel a little tired.

caffeine antagonizes serotonin, which is why I feel so good every time I drink it.

Ps: sorry for my spelling, I am from France

Last edited:
T

TheBeard

3 months ago I took vitamin D in the form of a drop for 11 days. (2000 IU per day) and it gave me several negative side effects which did not go away after I stopped taking the supplements.
This includes:
-diarrhea
-weak appetite
-loss of libido

- intestinal disorders, every time I eat something my intestine growls very loudly

I was told it was because of magnesium deficiency caused by vitamin D metabolism or hypercalcemia. So I took magnesium and stopped eating the products rich in calcium while supplementing with vitamin K2 and that for 1 month and absolutely nothing has changed.

A week ago I tried caffeine and 10 minutes after drinking almost all of the side effects caused by vitamin D are gone, my libido seems to be coming back, the depression is gone completely, I just feel a little tired.

caffeine antagonizes serotonin, which is why I feel so good every time I drink it.

It's got nothing to do with serotonin.

These are all signs of your liver being burdened by vitamin D supplementation.

It being improved by coffee is solely due to the cleansing properties of the coffee.

I'm from France too by the way.

Use the quote function next time you reply to me.

This includes:
-diarrhea
-weak appetite
-loss of libido

Was the brand sketchy/livestock merchandise, how did you feel before, can you link to your dietary regimen.

Giraffe

This includes:
-diarrhea
My intestine was upset after I changed the brand. A short while after I took the vitamin D supplement it started to rumble. Carrot to the rescue. The next day it happened again. The third day nothing happened. It was gone for good. At that time I was already supplementing vitamin D (but a different product), so it must have been something that was in that particular product. Maybe it was the MCT that I was not used to? Who knows.

Scenes

My intestine was upset after I changed the brand. A short while after I took the vitamin D supplement it started to rumble. Carrot to the rescue. The next day it happened again. The third day nothing happened. It was gone for good. At that time I was already supplementing vitamin D (but a different product), so it must have been something that was in that particular product. Maybe it was the MCT that I was not used to? Who knows.
Peat said only vit d that agrees with him is mixed in olive oil. MCT caused issues.

Aegon24

It's got nothing to do with serotonin.

These are all signs of your liver being burdened by vitamin D supplementation.

It being improved by coffee is solely due to the cleansing properties of the coffee.

I'm from France too by the way.

Use the quote function next time you reply to me.

Thank you for your reply.

Otherwise, I have never heard that vitamin D (low dose) can have a negative effect on the liver.
that on the contrary, it has positive effects on liver function.
do you have a study that talks about it?

why does this happen to me when some people take large doses for several months and don't feel anything negative?

caffeine helps me a lot, i am always looking for another natural and effective way to cure this toxicity.

Aegon24

Was the brand sketchy/livestock merchandise, how did you feel before, can you link to your dietary regimen.

It was a vegetable vitamin D made from lichen, which contains an antioxidant (vitamin E)
Normally i suffer from mild ocd, thought vitamin D might help cure.
but on the contrary everything is even more amplified, with the desire to commit suicide as a bonus.

T

TheBeard

Thank you for your reply.

Otherwise, I have never heard that vitamin D (low dose) can have a negative effect on the liver.
that on the contrary, it has positive effects on liver function.
do you have a study that talks about it?

why does this happen to me when some people take large doses for several months and don't feel anything negative?

caffeine helps me a lot, i am always looking for another natural and effective way to cure this toxicity.

I don't need studies, I've been doing blood work every two months for the past 5 years.
Every time I would take Vitamin D my liver enzymes were elevated outside of the range. Otherwise, they are normal.

Gustav3Y

I don't need studies, I've been doing blood work every two months for the past 5 years.

Yeah this is the best way to tell how things work, going by studies in a tunnel vision way is often counter productive I have found in my experience.

schultz

It was a vegetable vitamin D made from lichen, which contains an antioxidant (vitamin E)

It's possible this vegan vitamin D was your problem. Something from the manufacturing process, or from the lichen itself. You might want to rule that out before you give up on vitamin D. Lichen is very commonly allergenic.

Occupational allergic contact dermatitis from lichens in present-day Finland - PubMed

Maybe try getting a lanolin based D and applying it topically. You will need 4-5 times the amount when applying topically.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals