All Of My Stools Float?

stackz07

Even when I break for any fibrous foods, they still float? I have some moucus looking stuff that kind of drifts off the side of them too. Also, what looks like undigested white rice in them. I generally eat rice daily.

yerrag

I wonder whether it's a good thing or not.

When I was eating a of fiber before, my stools would float more often, but not all the time.

Since peating and not having to eat lots of soluble fiber the sake of good bowel movement (and still having good bowel movement) I've wondered whether it was a myth to use stool floating as reason to eat lots of fiber. Now, my stools don't float anymore.

Perhaps it would still be nice to have stools float. I think two conditions favor floating. One is that the stool isn't water-logged, as a stool soaked in lots of water would sink; whether a stool not so much logged in water would float, especially if there is plenty of insoluble fiber. If the fiber is soluble, however, the stool would sink. If the gut is clean, more water would be resorbed by the colon walls, and less water would be in the stool. Less water in the stool makes the stool less smudgy, and makes it easier to achieve a ghost wipe.

What's important to me about my stools are - it doesn't smell anymore (less bacteria I think), it comes out quickly and effortlessly, and it doesn't smudge my ***hole too much, even to the point of achieving a ghost wipe. I think a smaller, more compact stool would mean it has less water content, which means the colon has resorbed a lot of the liquid, which means the liquid is clean and passes the clean test of the gut linings, allowing it to be resorbed back into the blood.

Capt Nirvana

Even when I break for any fibrous foods, they still float? I have some moucus looking stuff that kind of drifts off the side of them too. Also, what looks like undigested white rice in them. I generally eat rice daily.
Fiber floats just like seaweed.

Hans

Forum Supporter
It could be poor digestion. Using stomach acid secretors and/or digestive enzymes can make your poop sink again.

Jem Oz

2ycvhm.jpg

GelatinGoblin

It's fat. Fat = Poops that float. Source: House M.D
/S :)
Although I still think it may be fat.

GelatinGoblin

This is a good way to remove Arsenic from rice, may not be related but if you eat a lot of rice I recommend to look into it. Arsenic is bad mkay

It's a bit vague, I don't digest stuff sometimes too, did you cook it well?

Broco6679

Yeah, but why tf am I not digesting it?

Low bile and/or stomach acid output.

I used to have pale bowel movements that would float everyday until I started taking betaine hcl w/ ox bile, and now they're completely gone.

I spent a long time going down the sibo route taking various antibioitics like amoxicillin, doxycylcine and erythromycin, but they just made things worse.

Motif

@stackz

Any success?