Ray Peat On Sex And Relationships

LUH 3417

I have and i disagree with you, but i respect you having an opinion. Letting females be leaders can involve alot of peoples egos feeling challenged in the same way that older people feel challenged when someone younger is in charge of them. I think that males or females can both be either shitty leaders, or great leaders. It just so happens that the worlds longest lived group of people happen to let women be majority leaders and so do very intelligent species
the placenta is a nice biological metaphor for symbiotic exchange

Gone Peating

I have and i disagree with you, but i respect you having an opinion. Letting females be leaders can involve alot of peoples egos feeling challenged in the same way that older people feel challenged when someone younger is in charge of them. I think that males or females can both be either shitty leaders, or great leaders. It just so happens that the worlds longest lived group of people happen to let women be majority leaders and so do very intelligent species[/QUOTE

So you’re basing your decision of how we should organize themselves based on how bonobos live? That’s an in
I have and i disagree with you, but i respect you having an opinion. Letting females be leaders can involve alot of peoples egos feeling challenged in the same way that older people feel challenged when someone younger is in charge of them. I think that males or females can both be either shitty leaders, or great leaders. It just so happens that the worlds longest lived group of people happen to let women be majority leaders and so do very intelligent species

Lmao

Correlation does not mean causation. It’s much more likely they live long lives because of how nice their environment and nutritious their food supply is.

Have you ever read about how great the way of life of the ancient Scandinavian (who were matriarchal) societies were? They were awful.

I don’t even know what to say about your mention of bonobos... you can find intelligent other mammals that are completely patriarchal, or some that don’t really operate in social groups

Cloudhands

Lmao

Correlation does not mean causation. It’s much more likely they live long lives because of how nice their environment and nutritious their food supply is.

Have you ever read about how great the way of life of the ancient Scandinavian (who were matriarchal) societies were? They were awful.

I don’t even know what to say about your mention of bonobos... you can find intelligent other mammals that are completely patriarchal, or some that don’t really operate in social groups
I can understand how you feel. I personally, from a purely organizational kind of willhelm reich ish point of view think that the feminine energy should be the denominating factor in most situations. Basically if u give passiveness control over aggression its similiar to having water in control of fire. Men can be brilliantly romantic and passive of course, women just tend to be more agreeable and nurturing by nature. A little sex tip, if u let the female take control it will be easier for her to reach orgasm vs the male trying to assert himself to work all the bells and whistles

Gone Peating

I can understand how you feel. I personally, from a purely organizational kind of willhelm reich ish point of view think that the feminine energy should be the denominating factor in most situations. Basically if u give passiveness control over aggression its similiar to having water in control of fire. Men can be brilliantly romantic and passive of course, women just tend to be more agreeable and nurturing by nature. A little sex tip, if u let the female take control it will be easier for her to reach orgasm vs the male trying to assert himself to work all the bells and whistles

None of that was about how I feel

lvysaur

At least in the USA there is more free information sharing. I can see a map of all the pedophiles who are registered in my area! Yay!
The USA hides them too. Else you'd see many politicians show up on such lists.

As soon as we all became "civilized" we stopped being human.
I agree with this. I have a general belief that biological degeneration is advantageous on the mass-scale. It basically makes humans into a slave class which collectively is superior to others (even if the individual members are degenerated and weak).

You can see this trend throughout history, whether it's Native Americans vs. European farmers, Euro-foragers vs. Middle Eastern farmers, or Denisovans vs. Homo Sapiens. The degenerated, mass-populated, hierarchical people who are constantly stressed end up outbreeding the "high quality" sparsely populated people (who would have eaten more wild game, and generally fresher healthier foods). Arguably you can say this is the case for America today, vis-a-vis Europe/China/India.

But western girls are secretly turned on by ISIS ??? LMAO
Many girls find a "bad boy" or "rebel" or "unfairly maligned" archetype attractive. Obviously this isn't the general case with ISIS, but there have been a few reports of western girls fleeing to Syria or whatever to join up with them.

This is probably an unhealthy sort of attraction but most people are probably unhealthy

Last edited:

lvysaur

Someone wrote years ago I can’t remember where about women in Brazil having close to the perfect female shape,back in the 30’s around
Do you mean to say this was written in the 1930s? Or that their shape measurements were in the 30s?

In my opinion some of the hottest women come from Northern Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, and Venezuela. No offense to the other countries. Also have to put a mention for the Baltic states. A lot of these women actually look quite similar to each other in certain ways, despite being very ethnically different.

due to fact eggs are limited and sperm unlimited.
I used to think this, but not anymore. The overall point is obviously still true, but it's more because of pregnancy/lactation rather than eggs.

Sperm is certainly not unlimited, and a man cannot produce optimal ejaculates daily.

Last edited:

Jib

More sexual repression in an individual's life leads to more neuroticism about sex.

When it's a regular part of your life, and everything's peachy, the neuroticism around it vanishes. At least that's been my experience. I don't know what's going on with society but in my expert opinion, "joint and a blowjob" deficiency is running rampant. It may be the true pandemic.

MatheusPN

In my opinion some of the hottest women come from Northern Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, and Venezuela. No offense to the other countries. Also have to put a mention for the Baltic states. A lot of these women actually look quite similar to each other in certain ways, despite being very ethnically different
I know most regions from northern Brazil. I know very well one... That one is almost equally mixed by white, browns and blacks, the women in common have a very large backside, even most thin ones have big butts, living in a different place, consuming holliwood films it becomes even more remarkable! Independent of race/ color.
Also curiously it has the most preponderance of Steaptogya I know, personally... Northern Brazil has a broad and distinct traits between different states

Last edited:

lvysaur

I know most regions from northern Brazil. I know very well one... That one is almost equally mixed by white, browns and blacks, the women in common have a very large backside,
I am not talking about the girls with huge backside/steatopygia--personally I think this is a stress phenotype: Stressed Men Like Bigger Butts

Rather, the girls I'm talking about have very youthful faces, and often very shortened hips (in the vertical direction), the width of the hip can be anything, but the shape of the hip means intense steatopygia is impossible.

Usually they have very "orange" skin, curiously. I think they may have a higher proportion of American genes, I rarely see such phenotypes among Portuguese or West Africans.

When I see a similar phenotype in Europeans, it is usually also linked with "orange" toned skin. Good example is among many Baltic and Swedish women. It's known that indigenous Scandinavians had such skin tone, before the Aryan invasions. So maybe it's a forager vs. farmer phenotype.

You can see same thing in Latin America, where Mexican and Andean women (IE: ancient farmer) have different facial features (more hooked convex nose, narrower face, similar to MidEast/South Europe, also farming regions). The "forager" regions (Amazon of Colombia/Brazil, or Northeast Europe) have more upturned noses, youthful faces, etc.

Last edited:

MatheusPN

I am not talking about the girls with huge backside/steatopygia--personally I think this is a stress phenotype: Stressed Men Like Bigger Butts

Rather, the girls I'm talking about have very youthful faces, and often very shortened hips (in the vertical direction), the width of the hip can be anything, but the shape of the hip means intense steatopygia is impossible.

Usually they have very "orange" skin, curiously. I think they may have a higher proportion of American genes, I rarely see such phenotypes among Portuguese or West Africans.

When I see a similar phenotype in Europeans, it is usually also linked with "orange" toned skin. Good example is among many Baltic and Swedish women. It's known that indigenous Scandinavians had such skin tone, before the Aryan invasions. So maybe it's a forager vs. farmer phenotype.

You can see same thing in Latin America, where Mexican and Andean women (IE: ancient farmer) have different facial features (more hooked convex nose, narrower face, similar to MidEast/South Europe, also farming regions). The "forager" regions (Amazon of Colombia/Brazil, or Northeast Europe) have more upturned noses, youthful faces, etc.
When I say big butts, I am also talking about firm ones, even with short hips, especially the thin/ normal weight ones, very youthful, the skin color is almost irrelevant in that regard, orangeness IDK.
It is only the most preponderance place I know personally, it is uncommon steaptogya here.
It has more/ much more preponderance of firm, perky and youthful butts than hollywod or other regions.
@lvysaur BTW I counfounded northern with northeast

Last edited:

Drareg

Do you mean to say this was written in the 1930s? Or that their shape measurements were in the 30s?

In my opinion some of the hottest women come from Northern Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, and Venezuela. No offense to the other countries. Also have to put a mention for the Baltic states. A lot of these women actually look quite similar to each other in certain ways, despite being very ethnically different.

I used to think this, but not anymore. The overall point is obviously still true, but it's more because of pregnancy/lactation rather than eggs.

Sperm is certainly not unlimited, and a man cannot produce optimal ejaculates daily.

I can’t recall what I was talking about here, maybe it was about Brazilian women being influenced by American pop culture like bay watch in the 90’s, breast augmentation increased after the pop culture influx, they were already very attractive without breast augmentation, they didn’t need it was the implication, Peat mentioned larger breasts might not be the norm, progesterone keeps them smaller, estrogen may enlarge, the context for pregnancy may be different?

I think any specific requirement for sexual attraction like large breasts only is sexual incoherency, rigidity, it reminds me of people who veer into sexual depravity to become aroused, it’s a libido issue underlying it.

The same can be said for males who are specific and rigid about the underwear on a woman, within reason why does this matter to a man?
I can understand how underwear is fashion and frames the body but many different styles exist, if it takes one specific style to get you aroused you have libido issues.

South America has a lot of European admixture.

MatheusPN

I can’t recall what I was talking about here, maybe it was about Brazilian women being influenced by American pop culture like bay watch in the 90’s, breast augmentation increased after the pop culture influx, they were already very attractive without breast augmentation, they didn’t need it was the implication, Peat mentioned larger breasts might not be the norm, progesterone keeps them smaller, estrogen may enlarge, the context for pregnancy may be different?
I see, right? I will do that thread hahaha
About the estro and prog relation: progesterone drives chiefly the morphogenic and anabolic tissue processes, while estrogen is mostly responsive in the increasing of swelling and the fat accumulation.
Estrogen dominance: gynecomastia. Progesterone dominance in pre-pubertal levels: no breast. A fine development, you get the picture. A good ratio pending to prog will have more breast tissue and less swelling and fat accumulation.
As I know you know, breasts varies extremely in fat proportion.
I think any specific requirement for sexual attraction like large breasts only is sexual incoherency, rigidity, it reminds me of people who veer into sexual depravity to become aroused, it’s a libido issue underlying it.

The same can be said for males who are specific and rigid about the underwear on a woman, within reason why does this matter to a man?
I can understand how underwear is fashion and frames the body but many different styles exist, if it takes one specific style to get you aroused you have libido issues.
Totally agree, nice way to put it! I always thought about how strange was that.
Even things like eye color, I never see the magic about things like it, I only noticed the green eye from my cousin after more than 10 years of close relation! And lots of similar histories...
Really a unhealthy culture, people... So much to say about related things...

Last edited:

Energizer

Sexual attitudes, like agricultural practices, are becoming increasingly homogenized, and embracing a singular view or monoculture. The rigidification and homogeneity is a trend that will likely continue as the world's populations continue to embrace Social Darwinism, globalization and capitalism (whether by force or voluntarily), ultimately treating themselves and each other as disposable 'products'. The image of the whole, unique individual is thus replaced with the image of the 'marketable product'.

Last edited:

managing

Sexual attitudes, like agricultural practices, are becoming increasingly homogenized, and embracing a singular view or monoculture. The rigidification and homogeneity is a trend that will likely continue as the world's populations continue to embrace Social Darwinism, globalization and capitalism (whether by force or voluntarily), ultimately treating themselves and each other as disposable 'products'. The image of the whole, unique individual is thus replaced with the image of the 'marketable product'.
Can you describe this "monoculture"? I don't follow.

Energizer

I would say monoculture as in the sense of an increasing focus on specific body parts and a Eurocentric / UScentric standard of beauty, if you look for example at cosmetic surgeries over the years they seem to have been steadily rising. I was a bit hyperbolic in my previous post, but there does seem to be an increasingly superficial, overly-conscious of body parts trend that is spreading from the US to other countries. South Koreans for example, are known to get double-eye lid surgery to look more Western/European. The rise of cosmetic surgeries reflects an increasing pressure to look a certain way.

Total numbers of cosmetic surgery by country, 2015:
1 United States 4,042,610
2 Brazil 2,324,245
3 South Korea 1,156,234
4 India 935,487
5 Mexico 907,913
6 Germany 617,408
7 Colombia 548,635
8 France 488,718
9 Italy 418,760

From the article:
The most common surgery in the US is breast augmentation, the enlarging of breasts by inserting implants. Following this was liposuction, a procedure that removes fat from unwanted areas. The third most common procedure was nose reshaping. Miami in Florida has the highest rate of cosmetic surgeries every year, 18 out of every 100,000 people has had something done. This is followed by New York City where there are over 600 cosmetic surgeons.

More People Are Getting Plastic Surgery To Look Like The Kardashians

British cosmetic surgery practice, Transform, claims they’ve seen a a 73 percent increase in inquiries from patients who cite America’s favorite reality TV family as inspiration for getting a little work done.
That’s not too shocking considering all five sisters have become fashion and beauty icons, but more surprising is the actual amount of influence they have on specific trends. For instance, the group claims that when then 17-year-old Kylie Jenner finally admitted to getting lip injections this past May, they saw a 700 percent rise in online inquires for lip injections — overnight — and says there’s been a 54 percent increase in inquiries for butt enhancements that they specifically attribute to the booties of Kim and Khloe.

There seems to be an increasing number of people getting plastic surgery reflecting an increasing pressure to conform to a specific beauty standard, generally one of more: a bigger butt, bigger boobs, bigger lips, etc.

Annually there was a slight drop in 2019 from 2018 in cosmetic procedures, but the number remains relatively high and seems to be slowly rising over the years.

According to their report, in 2019, an estimated 18.1 million cosmetic procedures were performed, compared to 10.2 million cosmetic surgery procedures performed in 2005.

Last edited:
I was a bit hyperbolic in my previous post, but there does seem to be an increasingly superficial, overly-conscious of body parts trend that is spreading from the US to other countries. South Koreans for example, are known to get double-eye lid surgery to look more Western/European. The rise of cosmetic surgeries reflects an increasing pressure to look a certain way.
I don't think South Koreans are following American beauty trends. They do the eyelid surgery to make their eyes larger, not to "look European".

PAWG/MILF America vs petite/neotenous Asia
upload_2020-9-30_17-18-44.png

There seems to be an increasing number of people getting plastic surgery reflecting an increasing pressure to conform to a specific beauty standard, generally one of more: a bigger butt, bigger boobs, bigger lips, etc.

In a metaphysical sense, we could this is an extension of the American preference for quantity at the expense of quality. Where largeness is the primary feature of any object, and other qualities are ignored.

Jib

I don't know what Peat has said or hasn't said about sexuality.

Every day that goes by, however, I'm more and more convinced how these things may very possibly naturally resolve themselves when the organism's biological environment is sound and thriving. This goes very deep. And is something all of us here would agree on: the importance of health, and how deep and complex it is, especially considering lifetimes of accumulated stress and toxins.

On a very basic level, sympathetic nervous system hyperactivity is likely a major cause of all kinds of unpleasant sexual tendencies. By "unpleasant" I mean activities that don't make an individual feel great about themselves or more connected and less stressed; rather, things that they do to cope with stress and ultimately end up in a cycle of increasing and perpetuating the stress response.

It all begins with food, drink, and environment. Those are the foundations. Hallmarks of sexual health should be the same as the hallmarks of general health: abundant energy that is also calm energy, able to be utilized at will but not overwhelming to the point of producing chronic mania (I think a little is OK but it can get out of hand easily).

Many sexual decisions people make seem to be based on stress and an attempt to soothe an overactive sympathetic nervous system. As opposed to choosing from a calm, parasympathetic dominant state.

It all can seem very complicated and we can get into Darwinism and evo-psych or whatever. At the end of the day, the most important thing is the foundation. We all are individuals and have our own personalities. However, in my opinion, nobody is really 'themselves' if they're operating at a severely sub-optimal level of health, for example as a man, high cortisol, high estrogen, low testosterone, etc.

Balancing the organism from the inside out seems to be the best way to resolve sexual issues or hangups, and reveal one's true nature to themselves. Have to get yourself and your internal environment right first.

I asked him a question before:

Do you think looking for marriage (instead of doing casual sex and uncommitted relationships) and wanting to have children are both signs of high metabolism?

Ray: i think good health goes with a desire for a permanent relationship.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals