Topical Estrogen On Scalp For Hair

GorillaHead

I understand the fear of taking something for life -TRUST ME- I was dependant on a Mommafucking Benzo, one of the strongest ones (clonazepam) for almost five years up to a dose of 2.5 mg a day... Without mentioning how the doctors used me as a guinea pig for their SSRI until I yelled STOP.

This was all between my 21st and 26th year in this circus of a world, coming off a Benzo is extremely difficult and even though I had it well planned out to make the cuts super slow just by slightly and softly scratching the pill over a measured 30cm area and watch it gradually get smaller over the last two years, needed the help of the only hormone that can indisputably help the brain re - adapt, heal, and is by itself a non-addictive agonist of GABA.

Progesterone.

So in spring of 2o18, having made the minimal progress from 2.5mg to just 2... Klonopin.... I added the full force 28mg progesterone daily, I could not have given less of a **** if it momentarily reduced my libido (which it didn't... Only when I tried 45mg...)...

It's been a smooth ride since then, best sleep of my life, best hair, less water retention, intellectual growth, cortisol belly disappeared, have gone from 72kg to 83kg and most is muscle.

But the main goal accomplished, off benzos for good.

In the upcoming spring I'm thinking of lowering the Prgst from 28 to just 9mg which is maintenance... A man's "balls" alone make 1.5mg a day. And just for the experience I'm thinking of going low dose T to see if I turn into Arnold.

--------------------

Porto? Of course the humidity is high, it's an Atlantic forest climate close to the Green Spain and upper Castile/Asturias, some of the greenest parts of Europe, My Father's family side is from Catalonia ascending to the Pyrenees (Girona ) the humidity up there is high too so much I've heard from quite a few friends in the peninsula they prefer the 38º but dry summers of Seville and Valencia over the 28º (humid ) of the north.... The part of Iberia that borders the bay of Biscay is hellish humid, so it's good you have the sea nearby for refreshment but be careful as the seas up there are rough.

Here where I am, lol, the humidity is nasty in the summer, but even in August the water of lake Ontario is a chilly 21 so I'd rather refresh myself around here in the local pool, lol.

You do not have to fear a strange dependence on Progesterone, at 39 your estrogen is peaking and even as little as one month of 20mg will repair the ovaries as they are damaged by estrogen since a woman's first cycle, purify tissues from Trapped E2, you could achieve this with 6 drops of progesterone-e a day , and stop whenever you like.

You cant just stop whenever your like. Progesterone directly suppresses the gonads. Once u get offf u will end up with symptoms similar to bodybuilding steroid users. I was all for progesterone until i learned it suppresses the gonads. U have to be on that for life. Who knows how it affects test production

JDreamer

You cant just stop whenever your like. Progesterone directly suppresses the gonads. Once u get offf u will end up with symptoms similar to bodybuilding steroid users. I was all for progesterone until i learned it suppresses the gonads. U have to be on that for life. Who knows how it affects test production

Before you continue with the fear mongering - show us where that's been proven.

Kram

GorillaHead

Somebody who is good at reading studies mind commenting if this is relevant so some (or many) of us can stop wondering if we caused permanent suppression? @Hans maybe? (sorry for tagging you...)

Sometimes I wonder if I am being a complete idiot experimenting with hormones. End of the day, I don't actually know what I am doing...
I dont think its permanent but this study i showed doesnt even talk about exogenous sources and i remember reading administered progesterone suppresses gonads as well

SonOfEurope

I don't know Rick.

Too many members like natedawggh, jitsmonkey, tenacity, ecstatichamster, marsaday, goat-e, opethfeldt etc, have taken in doses of over 10mg for long periods of time no problem.

At the start of February of this year, already after a year and a half on it, I was low on money since... You know the holidays momentarily disorganize your financial situation... I ran out of progestene (Haidut's)) on the 12th or 13th of February (just before Valentine's ) and went until March 2nd, when my next box arrived from idealabs, without a drop.

I wasn't taking DHEA yet.

The only thing I experienced was a slight difficulty staying asleep through the night the first day, but some benadryl helped me make it through no problem.

16 days with no progesterone... No testicular shrinkage, no roid-rage, no Gynecomastia, no puffy nipples, no water bloat, no decrease in sperm volume. No erectile dysfunction...

Just missing the hyper-relaxion of the P4 and frustrated at not being able to re order for half a month... That's it.

In fact, now that I'm off Benzos and don't really need it that much, I'll stop tomorrow and report back in two weeks, that will be November 10th, we'll see... Maybe I'll be a big titted blonde with no beard.

@haidut will have to ******* marry me. Hahah

Thanks for the study and contributions @GorillaHead ! It's always good to explore something new.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Somebody who is good at reading studies mind commenting if this is relevant so some (or many) of us can stop wondering if we caused permanent suppression? @Hans maybe? (sorry for tagging you...)

Sometimes I wonder if I am being a complete idiot experimenting with hormones. End of the day, I don't actually know what I am doing...
This study found that 100mg progesterone didn't suppress LH short term, but actually increased it (R).
However, higher doses might slightly lower GnRH through allopregnanolone binding to the GABA receptor. However, these suppressive effects are shown in vitro or in animal or with progestins. So I'm sure that small doses of bio-identical progesterone shouldn't be an issue.

JKX

Progesterone does not suppress gonadal function. Anything that enhances thyroid will support gonadal function and reduce pituitary function.

Besides the study used a synthetic progestin, promegestrone. Not progesterone.

Kram

This study found that 100mg progesterone didn't suppress LH short term, but actually increased it (R).
However, higher doses might slightly lower GnRH through allopregnanolone binding to the GABA receptor. However, these suppressive effects are shown in vitro or in animal or with progestins. So I'm sure that small doses of bio-identical progesterone shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks!

MitchMitchell

Anything that enhances thyroid will support gonadal function and reduce pituitary function.

...is this the goal, less pituitary more gonadal? Bc if it is, I’m ordering HCG right now... it doesn’t even send my E2 high at all (I know that’s the risk for many)

I’ve intuitively came to this conclusion yet can’t trust my own self too much, however if others think the same....?

mrchibbs

...is this the goal, less pituitary more gonadal? Bc if it is, I’m ordering HCG right now... it doesn’t even send my E2 high at all (I know that’s the risk for many)

I’ve intuitively came to this conclusion yet can’t trust my own self too much, however if others think the same....?

Its exactly right. The pituitary hormone become elevated to restore homeostasis, long term they wreck everything. Normal gonadal function is a main determinant of optimal health in both sexes

SonOfEurope

Sup brahs.

Four days in... I already sent this dude to the ER in an burst of roid rage and I'm growing ***s.... And I'm loosing hair again!

_______

Jokes aside, I had a bit of difficulty sleeping the first night of no Progest-E but got through the night with benadryl no problem.

I've had 0 P4 since Tuesday Night.

I'm sleeping OK now, everything feels normal but I notice my libido is increasing - feeling more "Estrogenic" in nature, urges of sex drive instead of only under stimulus as before. Hardly noticeable.

Hair is great but, beard growing same rate, no water retention... too soon to tell, I really don't notice anything other than that detail... Guess we gotta give it more time.

I'll report again in 4 days, November 3rd.

SonOfEurope

Sup brahs!

Day 12.

Gonads working normal, perfect morning wood and libido, hair I haven't noticed any difference.

First few days my urine was yellower and I woke up thirsty.... Wonder why this was.

I did not experience water retention.

Bit hornier during the day than while using p4
.... Thinking about it more often.

Erections, Ejaculate volume and testicular size intact. Sorry to be this graphic but have to share.

Only I'm sleeping s bit less, used to sleep 9 hours straight now I wake up after 7 or 7,5 hours...

AND craving less carbs than before but forcing myself to keep my 3.000 calories and not overfeed on protein.

Appetite has gone down slightly yet my digestion is just as good,... No major changes to describe really except I'm not recovering from the workouts as fast as before.

Now that is probably the biggest thing... I'm missing the enhanced protein synthesis of Progesterone!

Speaking of... It's been a good 12 days W/O p4 (or DHEA) only my aspirin and vitamins - so on-the 15th I'll resume my regime of 28mg plus low dose DHEA to avoid muscle loss during the dark winter, it will have been a good 18 or 19 days by then I think it's enough... I think this is a good way, maybe to do it yearly, to lower your sensitivity to progesterone and reset a little... But it did in noooo way shut my HPTA axis down or make me dependant.

BrianF

Experimented with Progesterone direct to the scalp, twice a week, in the evenings, earlier this year for around 14 weeks. Sadly this did not result in any noticeable hair growth, however, it did result in a noticably healthier scalp. 20 mins after application, my scalp was less tight and softer to the touch and this could be felt well into the next day.

Perhaps if I had increased the frequency of the applications then I would have seen a difference. The positive effect can't be discounted in any way because (temporarily at least) it reversed the pathology of baldness, ie - the tightening of the scalp with no added massage or manipulation required. Think about that for a second, its not insignificant!

If I had deeper pockets, a protocol of the following would be in order:

Evening massage alternating evenings with oil based Vitamin E / Vitamin K / Magnesium Oil

Morning - application of Solban with Thyroid added into it after a shorter massage.

Lots of sunlight!

Last edited:

BrianF

Experimented with Prog, direct to the scalp, twice per week in the evening, earlier this year for around 14 weeks. Sadly this did not result in any noticeable hair growth, however, it did result in a noticably healthier scalp. 20 mins after application, my scalp was less tight and softer to the touch. This effect would last until the next morning but not usually until the next evening

Perhaps if I had increased the frequency of the applications then I would have seen a difference. The positive effect can't be discounted in any way because (temporarily at least) it reversed the pathology of baldness, ie - the tightening of the scalp with no added massage or manipulation required. Think about that for a second, its not insignificant.

Evening massage alternating evenings with oil based Vitamin E / Vitamin K / Magnesium Oil

Morning - application of Solban with Thyroid added into it after a shorter massage.

Lots of sunlight!

BrianF

Perhaps if I had increased the frequency of the applications then I would have seen a difference. The positive effect can't be discounted in any way because (temporarily at least) it reversed the pathology of baldness, ie - the tightening of the scalp with no added massage or manipulation required. Think about that for a second, its not insignificant.

Hevel

Would it be a bad idea to try and supplement with Progesterone if you have low testosterone/hypogonadism?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals