Molecular Iodine: Could This Be A Game Changer For Dentistry?

LeeLemonoil

Molecular Iodine: Could This Be a Game Changer for Dentistry?

t looks like 2020 is bringing the Canadian dental profession a gift, in the new selection of molecular iodine (I2) products from ioTech International. These products, surpass all of the existing gold standard disinfectants. Coming out of the gate, these products appear to be game changers in antimicrobial chemistry. Dr. Gordon Christenson named ioRinse the “Best in Class” antimicrobial agent in Clinicians Report for 2019. This technological breakthrough appears to have unlimited indications in medical, dental, agricultural and veterinary fields. To top it off, I2 is an essential element, natural, organic and safe for chronic use and it is being priced with the most affordable of all the antimicrobials.

yerrag

Thanks.

And wonder if it can have internal uses as well.

S-VV

PVP-iodine gang reporting in.

Cheap, effective, time-tested and looks cool.

BearWithMe

This looks really cool, I wonder if this ever would be available for public to purchase

yerrag

Yesterday, I came to the full realization that once the gum line has been breached by periodontal bacteria, it is only the start of a recurring series of periodontal infections. In each instance, at least a tooth would be extracted, and over time, one would lose most of his teeth.

I started with one extraction, with followed by another, then by two more, and last night I realized I got another tooth that's become loose because of an underlying periodontal pocket. After each extraction, I thought it would be the last, and the hope is that the cause of my high blood pressure would be gone, and that I would see my blood pressure go down. But the high blood pressure condition persists.

Antibiotics can only temporarily reduce the periodontal pathogens, and they would repopulate with a vengeance as they are able to hide in crevices. These pathogens can also exist intracellularly,

Persistence of extracrevicular bacterial reservoirs after treatment of aggressive periodontitis - PubMed

Background: The purpose of this study was to test the hypothesis that periodontal pathogens associated with aggressive periodontitis persist in extracrevicular locations following scaling and root planing, systemic antibiotics, and antimicrobial rinses.

Conclusions: The 6-month increasing trend in the levels of plaque bacteria suggests that subgingival recolonization was occurring. Because the presence of these species within epithelial cells was not altered after treatment, it is plausible that recolonization may occur from the oral mucosa. Systemic antibiotics and topical chlorhexidine did not reduce the percentage of invaded epithelial cells. These data support the hypothesis that extracrevicular reservoirs of bacteria exist, which might contribute to recurrent or refractory disease in some patients.

Bacterial invasion and persistence: critical events in the pathogenesis of periodontitis? - PubMed

Abstract
Periodontitis is chronic inflammation of the periodontium caused by the host's inflammatory response to plaque biofilm, which destroys tooth-supporting soft and hard tissues. Periodontitis is a complex disease that involves interactions among three main features - microbial challenge, the host immune response, and environmental and genetic risk factors - in its pathogenesis. Although periodontitis has been regarded as the result of hyperimmune or hyperinflammatory responses to plaque bacteria, recent studies indicate that periodontal pathogens are rather poor activators and/or suppressors of the host immune response. This raises the question of how periodontal pathogens cause inflammation. To resolve this issue, in the present review we propose that bacterial invasion into gingival tissue is a key event in the initiation of periodontitis and that the persistence of these bacteria within host tissue results in chronic inflammation. In support of this hypothesis, we present the ways in which microbial, environmental and genetic risk factors contribute to bacterial invasion. It is hoped that the current model will instigate active discussion and new research to complete the puzzle of this complex disease process.

@LeeLemonoil I wonder if the use of molecular iodine could be used as part of a protocol that could effectively eliminate periodontal pathogens that have already breached the gum line.

Jam

Yesterday, I came to the full realization that once the gum line has been breached by periodontal bacteria, it is only the start of a recurring series of periodontal infections. In each instance, at least a tooth would be extracted, and over time, one would lose most of his teeth.

I started with one extraction, with followed by another, then by two more, and last night I realized I got another tooth that's become loose because of an underlying periodontal pocket. After each extraction, I thought it would be the last, and the hope is that the cause of my high blood pressure would be gone, and that I would see my blood pressure go down. But the high blood pressure condition persists.

Antibiotics can only temporarily reduce the periodontal pathogens, and they would repopulate with a vengeance as they are able to hide in crevices. These pathogens can also exist intracellularly,

As you may remember, I discovered that I had severe periodontitis in 2012. Initially, I lost 2 wisdom teeth that just fell out while eating. Since then, I have lost the other 2 wisdom teeth, and 6 molars. The good news is that I have not lost a single tooth since 2017, and while I have deep pockets around most remaining teeth, including a loose upper incisor (that has been loose since 2012), these "stragglers" and my gums have not felt better in decades. It may be that many of these periodontal pockets are healing. I started taking Lugol's iodine in early 2018, both as a supplement and (diluted) as a mouthwash. I've been on 8-16 drops of Lugol's for two years, by now. I am also known to occasionally take up to a gram of SSKI. Anyhow, still back around the time I started on iodine, I began developing a gingival abscess in my remaining lower-left molar, which vanished the day after dropping some SSKI on the tooth. Haven't had a single abscess or any sort of dental problems since that time. The iodine also seems to have nuked some nagging post-tendonitis pains in both shoulders and a persisting inflamed sciatica.

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

@yerrag
I can’t think of a novel way with molecular iodine to solve the described situation -

As with similar situations, eradicating harmful bacteria without somehow restoring a benign flora seems futile.

Some sort of dental procedure to transplant healthy microbiom similar to fecal transplant maybe. Culturing spit from healthy individuals

Jam

@yerrag
I can’t think of a novel way with molecular iodine to solve the described situation -

As with similar situations, eradicating harmful bacteria without somehow restoring a benign flora seems futile.

Some sort of dental procedure to transplant healthy microbiom similar to fecal transplant maybe. Culturing spit from healthy individuals

And this is why I have always refused to touch antibiotics. Iodine has the advantage of acting as an adaptogen, and Lugol's is fully absorbed by the stomach when swallowed in water, never reaching the intestines. Once the body is saturated, it becomes abundant in saliva, mucus, and all other excretions, at which point using the diluted mouthwash becomes redundant outside of acute infections.

yerrag

@yerrag

Thanks. I'm also considering using chlorine dioxide. Currently I'm halfway thru making my own chlorine dioxide and reading up on it.

As you may remember, I discovered that I had severe periodontitis in 2012. Initially, I lost 2 wisdom teeth that just fell out while eating. Since then, I have lost the other 2 wisdom teeth, and 6 molars. The good news is that I have not lost a single tooth since 2017, and while I have deep pockets around most remaining teeth, including a loose upper incisor (that has been loose since 2012), these "stragglers" and my gums have not felt better in decades. It may be that many of these periodontal pockets are healing. I started taking Lugol's iodine in early 2018, both as a supplement and (diluted) as a mouthwash. I've been on 8-16 drops of Lugol's for two years, by now. I am also known to occasionally take up to a gram of SSKI. Anyhow, still back around the time I started on iodine, I began developing a gingival abscess in my remaining lower-left molar, which vanished the day after dropping some SSKI on the tooth. Haven't had a single abscess or any sort of dental problems since that time. The iodine also seems to have nuked some nagging post-tendonitis pains in both shoulders and a persisting inflamed sciatica.

Thanks. What is your dosage of Lugol's iodine? It looks like you're not overdosing on it as that's my main concern with iodine intake. I'm afraid of it possibly increasing oxidative stresses in increasing processes involved in thyroid production, and thinking that I have to accompany that with selenium to keep the process somehow in check. Not that I'm an expert on the thyroid but aware of the warnings given by Peat on it that I may be too cautious on the intake of iodine. Perhaps topical use would be fine.

I'm glad though that you haven't lose more teeth and that gives me some sliver of hope. Athough I must say that I'm still concerned that the periodontal bacteria may still be there, and that in my case, it will still continue to cast doubts on me as to whether my high blood pressure is still caused by it. With this doubt, I'm hesitant on trying news ways to lower my blood pressure as the periodontal condition makes these efforts moot.

Jam

@yerrag I'm currently on a "maintenance dose" of 25mg (4 drops of 5%) as I'm fairly certain that my body has achieved saturation after 2+ years of taking 100-1000mg daily. I never took any selenium as my diet is already high in it, and selenium toxicity is not something I want to mess with. In my opinion, a well-nourished individual with acceptable metabolism should immediately jump to 100mg daily in a very short period of time, as low doses may "feed the critters" that cause issues when chronic infections are present. The thinking is that Lugol's iodine becomes anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory only at the higher dosages, and my experience is definitely in line with this. Unfortunately, as with many other "ancient" and/or unpatentable medicines, such as turpentine, methylene blue, etc. iodine has been stigmatized and swept under the rug by big pharma, and scientific studies (outside of Abraham et all) are few and far between.

ps. I would suggest adding some supplemental copper and magnesium when taking iodine, as iodine can seemingly deplete both minerals. Btw, iodine also seems to deplete iron. Some have successfully kept hemochromatosis in check by supplementing iodine.

Last edited:

yerrag

@yerrag I'm currently on a "maintenance dose" of 25mg (4 drops of 5%) as I'm fairly certain that my body has achieved saturation after 2+ years of taking 100-1000mg daily. I never took any selenium as my diet is already high in it, and selenium toxicity is not something I want to mess with. In my opinion, a well-nourished individual with acceptable metabolism should immediately jump to 100mg daily in a very short period of time, as low doses may "feed the critters" that cause issues when chronic infections are present. The thinking is that Lugol's iodine becomes anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory only at the higher dosages, and my experience is definitely in line with this. Unfortunately, as with many other "ancient" and/or unpatentable medicines, such as turpentine, methylene blue, etc. iodine has been stigmatized and swept under the rug by big pharma, and scientific studies (outside of Abraham et all) are few and far between.

ps. I would suggest adding some supplemental copper and magnesium when taking iodine, as iodine can seemingly deplete both minerals. Btw, iodine also seems to deplete iron. Some have successfully kept hemochromatosis in check by supplementing iodine.

I haven't tried that much iodine and it's good to know you're doing well in being able to put your tooth loss in check. To be honest, I'll keep that as an option as right now I'm more inclined to take the chlorine dioxide route. I bought an Amazon-banned book by Andreas Kalcker just last night and want to try one of his protocols. I just placed an order for sodium chlorite now, after my attempt to make it from salt failed last night.

Here's a nice article on it, and it also mentions iodine, among other oxidants:

Mechanisms Of Chlorine Oxides Against Malaria

Was diagnosed with periodontal disease in May 2017. First dentist said I needed 12 extractions. Did not agree to extractions. I tried the mouthwashes – commercial ones, hydrogen peroxide, chlorine dioxide (after reading Dr. Ellei’s book and website), and Orawellness, I think, from Hawaii. They did not help. One wisdom tooth (number 16) just fell off. Then in February 2018, I went to a second dentist, and had a molar extracted (number 2), because it was bent too far inwards (tongue-side), that it was difficult to chew. The dentist who pulled said I would lose all the teeth, and she already had plans for extracting all, and installing full dentures, and later the all-on-four implants. $$$$ for her. She did not recommend a partial, by the way, so the wisdom tooth (number 1) bent inwards, trying to meet the molar (number 3). It did not close the gap. The bend is about 45 degrees.

Also had severe hypertension around this time, that required two trips to the ER. (Separate post on that).

Tried calcium therapy of Dr. Manhart, in Omaha, NE, after I read a post here. I went for in-person therapy in March 2018, September 2018, and lastly, April 2019, aside from home applications of the calcium products. It did not stop the loosening of three front teeth (8, 9, and 10), which also dropped, and appeared really long, making people stare. In September 2019, another molar just fell off (number 3). In December 2019, I had the lower left wisdom tooth (number 17) pulled, because it was erupting upwards, trying to meet number 15, pushing number 18 inwards, and crowding the other teeth. Plus, it was bent too far inwards scraping the tongue, and making me gag. Till then, four teeth were lost, and three front teeth were really loose. I was just too obstinate to have them pulled.

The mouthwashes can kill the pathogens they reach. That is the same principle of calcium therapy, because it has a PH of 12, according to the book of Dr. Manhart. But topicals and rinses do not reach the alveolar bone, which is what is eaten up by the pathogens, producing loose teeth, which eventually need to be pulled.

Enter antibiotics. Antibiotics, by the way, were declared as useless, by the first dentist I consulted; the one who recommended 12 extractions. They were also frowned upon by the second dentist, who extracted number two, and was even more severe in her recommendation – full dentures.

First material I discovered was a long treatise (study) by Trevor Lyons, from Canada, done in the 80s. pdf is found below. Therapy starts at page 82, antibiotics at page 92.

https://periocureiip.com/wp-content...tozoa_and_Fungi_in_Periodontal_Infections.pdf

His theory is that periodontal disease is caused by an amoeba –entamoeba gingivalis. His protocol is salt and baking soda application on the gums, and later, systemic antibiotics. He favored a combination of metronidazole and amoxicillin, and also the tetracyclines. He favored minocycline among the tetracyclines.

Among the disciples of Trevor Lyons, is Mark Bonner, of Canada. His publication is almost an echo of Trevor Lyons, found below:

http://www.perioheal.com/wp-content...al_Healing_Protocol_Bonner_Dunoye-English.pdf

But the real gem that I discovered, is azithromycin. It not only kills the pathogens, it regenerates the alveolar bone. Yes. It regrows the bone. That is the finding of three different case write-ups. The first is by an Australian, Robert Hirsch, written in 2010. Although he only had three patients as basis, his article shows panoramic x-rays (before and after) to back up his hypothesis. The dose of azithromycin is only 500 mg, for three days. Yes you read that right – three days.

See link below:

Error - Cookies Turned Off

Next was a Japanese case study (Fujise, et al), also with only three patients, done in May 2014. They also offered panoramic x-rays (before and after) Dose was also 500 mg for three days. See link below.

Americans Edgar Schmidt and Walter Bretz treated 124 patients also with azithromycin. They, however, used prepeated courses of AZT. They gave the patients 500 mg for three consecutive days, for three weeks; meaning, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, stop, then repeat the following week. They also showed panoramic x-rays, like the other two studies.

I first read about azithromycin in June 2019, from another forum; I believe it was longecity. But I was too scared to take AZT, because of the probable arrythmia (torsade de pointes). I had suffered an unexplainable arrhythmic episode of scary irregular heartbeats years ago. But poking around the internet revealed this reassuring post from Josh Farkas, MD.

Myth-busting: Azithromycin does not cause torsade de pointes or increase mortality

I was scheduled for extraction of the front teeth on March 6. But I held off, and took the AZT on March 7. It did not save the three front teeth, which were too loose and long, to be saved. They were extracted on September 6. So far, the rest of the teeth have held. Will try to get a panoramic after a year.

Hope the AZT saves some people some teeth.

That is some very remarkable information. Too bad it wasn't there in time for those teeth.

R J

Speaking of metronidazole (Flagyl), here is a quote from willreadit

After 6 years of bleeding gums and horrid dental procedures: Visited Egypt, developed GI issues, took Flagyl/metronidazole for that. Gums healed, no bleeding since 2015. Two dentists agreed that it was bacterial. Why didn’t they tell me in the other 6 years?? Best wishes!

How To Treat Gingivitis At Home?

If you take flagyl for long remember to supplement with some activated thiamine like fursultiamine or benfotiamine, as flagyl blocks normal thiamine enzyme metabolism

BearWithMe

I haven't tried that much iodine and it's good to know you're doing well in being able to put your tooth loss in check. To be honest, I'll keep that as an option as right now I'm more inclined to take the chlorine dioxide route. I bought an Amazon-banned book by Andreas Kalcker just last night and want to try one of his protocols. I just placed an order for sodium chlorite now, after my attempt to make it from salt failed last night.

Here's a nice article on it, and it also mentions iodine, among other oxidants:

Mechanisms Of Chlorine Oxides Against Malaria
Wish you the best of luck with your experiments, hope your dental health will get better.

Make sure you try different forms of chlorine. Regular chlorine dioxide did nothing for me and my spouse, even in concentrations so high it irritated our gums, while stabilised sodium chlorite worked quite well - better than iodine in my experience.

Last edited:

yerrag

Was diagnosed with periodontal disease in May 2017. First dentist said I needed 12 extractions. Did not agree to extractions. I tried the mouthwashes – commercial ones, hydrogen peroxide, chlorine dioxide (after reading Dr. Ellei’s book and website), and Orawellness, I think, from Hawaii. They did not help. One wisdom tooth (number 16) just fell off. Then in February 2018, I went to a second dentist, and had a molar extracted (number 2), because it was bent too far inwards (tongue-side), that it was difficult to chew. The dentist who pulled said I would lose all the teeth, and she already had plans for extracting all, and installing full dentures, and later the all-on-four implants. $$$$ for her. She did not recommend a partial, by the way, so the wisdom tooth (number 1) bent inwards, trying to meet the molar (number 3). It did not close the gap. The bend is about 45 degrees.

Also had severe hypertension around this time, that required two trips to the ER. (Separate post on that).

Tried calcium therapy of Dr. Manhart, in Omaha, NE, after I read a post here. I went for in-person therapy in March 2018, September 2018, and lastly, April 2019, aside from home applications of the calcium products. It did not stop the loosening of three front teeth (8, 9, and 10), which also dropped, and appeared really long, making people stare. In September 2019, another molar just fell off (number 3). In December 2019, I had the lower left wisdom tooth (number 17) pulled, because it was erupting upwards, trying to meet number 15, pushing number 18 inwards, and crowding the other teeth. Plus, it was bent too far inwards scraping the tongue, and making me gag. Till then, four teeth were lost, and three front teeth were really loose. I was just too obstinate to have them pulled.

The mouthwashes can kill the pathogens they reach. That is the same principle of calcium therapy, because it has a PH of 12, according to the book of Dr. Manhart. But topicals and rinses do not reach the alveolar bone, which is what is eaten up by the pathogens, producing loose teeth, which eventually need to be pulled.

Enter antibiotics. Antibiotics, by the way, were declared as useless, by the first dentist I consulted; the one who recommended 12 extractions. They were also frowned upon by the second dentist, who extracted number two, and was even more severe in her recommendation – full dentures.

First material I discovered was a long treatise (study) by Trevor Lyons, from Canada, done in the 80s. pdf is found below. Therapy starts at page 82, antibiotics at page 92.

https://periocureiip.com/wp-content...tozoa_and_Fungi_in_Periodontal_Infections.pdf

His theory is that periodontal disease is caused by an amoeba –entamoeba gingivalis. His protocol is salt and baking soda application on the gums, and later, systemic antibiotics. He favored a combination of metronidazole and amoxicillin, and also the tetracyclines. He favored minocycline among the tetracyclines.

Among the disciples of Trevor Lyons, is Mark Bonner, of Canada. His publication is almost an echo of Trevor Lyons, found below:

http://www.perioheal.com/wp-content...al_Healing_Protocol_Bonner_Dunoye-English.pdf

But the real gem that I discovered, is azithromycin. It not only kills the pathogens, it regenerates the alveolar bone. Yes. It regrows the bone. That is the finding of three different case write-ups. The first is by an Australian, Robert Hirsch, written in 2010. Although he only had three patients as basis, his article shows panoramic x-rays (before and after) to back up his hypothesis. The dose of azithromycin is only 500 mg, for three days. Yes you read that right – three days.

See link below:

Next was a Japanese case study (Fujise, et al), also with only three patients, done in May 2014. They also offered panoramic x-rays (before and after) Dose was also 500 mg for three days. See link below.

Americans Edgar Schmidt and Walter Bretz treated 124 patients also with azithromycin. They, however, used prepeated courses of AZT. They gave the patients 500 mg for three consecutive days, for three weeks; meaning, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, stop, then repeat the following week. They also showed panoramic x-rays, like the other two studies.

I first read about azithromycin in June 2019, from another forum; I believe it was longecity. But I was too scared to take AZT, because of the probable arrythmia (torsade de pointes). I had suffered an unexplainable arrhythmic episode of scary irregular heartbeats years ago. But poking around the internet revealed this reassuring post from Josh Farkas, MD.

Myth-busting: Azithromycin does not cause torsade de pointes or increase mortality

I was scheduled for extraction of the front teeth on March 6. But I held off, and took the AZT on March 7. It did not save the three front teeth, which were too loose and long, to be saved. They were extracted on September 6. So far, the rest of the teeth have held. Will try to get a panoramic after a year.

Hope the AZT saves some people some teeth.

Glad that AZT worked for you. I hope this is long term and the periodontal bacteria are all gone. The thing is, I was on AZT 3x 500mg/week for 7 weeks just this April. This month, 6 months later, I have this loose tooth and the dentist tells me it's bound for extraction. So I'm having this scheduled.

I'm hoping that chlorine dioxide would work, but getting it is another story. What was your dosage? Were you taking MMS (sodium chlorite solution activated by citric acid), orCD (sodium chlorite solution activated by hydrochloric acid), or CDS (chlorine dioxide 3000 ppm solution)? How long did you take it?

yerrag

Speaking of metronidazole (Flagyl), here is a quote from willreadit

After 6 years of bleeding gums and horrid dental procedures: Visited Egypt, developed GI issues, took Flagyl/metronidazole for that. Gums healed, no bleeding since 2015. Two dentists agreed that it was bacterial. Why didn’t they tell me in the other 6 years?? Best wishes!

How To Treat Gingivitis At Home?

I suspects the dentist associations forbid dentists from opining on a patient's condition. It's intended to protect patients from dentists recommending unnecessary procedures, but I think it's also to keep patients going back for more operations and extractions. That's more business, and that's what dental associations are mainly for. Think about it. The associations regularly endorse lousy toothpastes. These toothpastes contain fluoride and glycerin, which really do more harm than anything.

yerrag

Wish you the best of luck with your experiments, hope your dental health will get better.

Make sure you try different forms of chlorine. Regular chlorine dioxide did nothing for me and my spouse, even in concentrations so high it irritated our gums, while stabilised sodium chlorite worked quite well - better than iodine in my experience.
What is stabilized sodium chlorite? Is it any of these products as shown here is kvlab:

Chlorine Dioxide Products

In case it's hard to ship chlorine dioxide/sodium chlorite- based products, I plan on trying this:

https://www.amazon.com/ACTIVATED-ST...00ET7LL9E/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I suspect it contains chlorine dioxide as chlorine dioxide is also a stabilized oxygen.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

BearWithMe

What is stabilized sodium chlorite? Is it any of these products as shown here is kvlab:

Chlorine Dioxide Products

In case it's hard to ship chlorine dioxide/sodium chlorite- based products, I plan on trying this:

https://www.amazon.com/ACTIVATED-ST...00ET7LL9E/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I suspect it contains chlorine dioxide as chlorine dioxide is also a stabilized oxygen.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
The thing is, both chlorine dioxide and sodium chlorite are very unstable in normal environment, both of them are losing their potency very fast.

You don't need stabilized solution per se, you can buy highly concentrated chlorine dioxide / sodium chlorite from reputable source, store it in the fridge, and dilute just the quantity you need before each use, and use immediatelly. That's what I did.

Or you can buy CloSys/UltraDEX/RetarDEX, which are stabilized solutions diluted to the right concentrations, ready to use.

yerrag

ou don't need stabilized solution per se, you can buy highly concentrated chlorine dioxide / sodium chlorite from reputable source, store it in the fridge, and dilute just the quantity you need before each use, and use immediatelly. That's what I did.
True. The problem I'm having is that I can't get these locally. And it's hard, if not impossible, to ship them in. I'm taking a chance with ordering a 4oz packet of sodium chlorite. It's now with my forwarder in LA. They haven't opened it yet for inspection, and I'm hoping they allow it to be shipped. There are restrictions on shipping anything to do with chlorine (exception being sodium chloride).

Or you can buy CloSys/UltraDEX/RetarDEX, which are stabilized solutions diluted to the right concentrations, ready to use.
Thanks. These are not available locally, and will cost me. I hope I can get my own chlorine dioxide and use them with DIY protocols. I bought a book from Andreas Kalcker. This book used to be available in Amazon, but was censored by Bezos and his big pharma gang.

yerrag

Thanks. These are not available locally, and will cost me. I hope I can get my own chlorine dioxide and use them with DIY protocols. I bought a book from Andreas Kalcker. This book used to be available in Amazon, but was censored by Bezos and his big pharma gang.
The sodium chlorite I ordered - it managed to go through my forwarder with no issue. Will have it in 2 weeks. Then I'll be able to make my own chlorine dioxide solution from it. Hallelujah!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom